What's new

Most important quality for a good player?

Bar_Bar13

Friendly Neighborhood Spectre
I've been a stream monster for a long time, and have watched tons of matches. There are a lot of qualities I've seen, but what is the most important IYO? For me I'd say always keeping your cool, and never getting flustered with being at a life disadvantage, as in MKX especially, you always have a chance of making a ridiculous comeback

Vaiist

Noob
Mental strength. Also the ability to understand why you lost a match.
I can't get behind this enough. If you play the game enough, you will eventually pick up on things and learn all there is to know. However, this will only happen if you remain calm, take note of why you lost, and adjust accordingly. You want to look for new ways to exploit what your opponent is doing, and what holes in your plan are likewise getting exploited.

If you blame your losses on "cheap tactics," "spam," or any other bullshit like that, you're never going to improve. I really think that an attitude of learning and acceptance is all you need. If you're already on this board there's not much more to say - you're aware of how deep this can get and where the resources are. You'll only be able to make sense of them by playing the game enough to have context.

JDM

Noob
Mental strength. Also the ability to understand why you lost a match.

This. Probably the best overall answer you could get.

Knowing why you lost a match allows you to catch on that whenever you're back into that situation again, and will make you a stronger player literally every match you lose. This ties into mental strength, being able to accurately think back to previously gained information in a match.

there are tons of people who have immense knowledge game-wise but cannot execute it well enough in a match. Also keeping your cool in a match and being level headed is part of having good mental strength. Losing focus in scrambles or against wacky opponents is really a big issue amongst a LOT of tournament players.

Spooky Deadeye

Project-6 β
Fundamentals, patience, willingness to learn, execution, timing... Knowledge is the best key and weapon for everything and anything.