What's new

Mortal Kombat X Time Limit

Should MKX Time limit Switch?

• Total voters

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
I'd be interested in seeing how it would affect the game , even if it was just a small change. Like foxy said, for most games even if it was 60 seconds then 98% of matches will still be done within that time I imagine but those 2% would be interesting. The reduction in time could still definitely put some psychological pressure on some players though, but as it stands the clock might as well not even be there so it would be nice for it to become somewhat relevant to the game.

Slymind

Noob
Not trying to derail the topic, but, since people are talking about fast paces matches, can't we push to try and increase the number of rounds per match on official tournaments?

@edit.
That, or matches per set.

Last edited:

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Sonic tag a few top players get their input.

We can really push this idea. It's not gonna be to the point where you can started the game winning by timeout but it's enough to increase that chance to where the player with more life see there is 18 seconds on the clock who can lame it out more

Bilbo11

Noob
why not just make 99 seconds, real life 99 seconds?

the closest match I've seen with people over went down to 53 seconds on the clock, and it felt like forever

Eh, I don't really think so. Timeouts aren't always meant to be there as a mechanic to award defensive players, often they're just literally a failsafe to make sure a match can't go on forever because someone has the life lead and they are turtling while the other doesn't want to risk the attack.

Then again, the OP could buy every single asset I own with his fight money, so what do I know?

JJV Phoenix

I'm not Vak goddamnit
I agree with shorter times. Matches with the threat of a timeout are significantly more hype. 45-60 seconds would be fine, especially given the average match rarely goes beyond 30 or 40 in-game seconds.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I support experimenting with a shorter time limit now that EVO is over. I would like to see locals adopt this and see what happens. I think the fact that a timeout has essentially NEVER occurred is a sign the time limit is too long for the pace of the game.

I think situations where there is 10 seconds left and it changes the decision making of the players is great for both player and viewer experience, in general. Timeouts are only really hated if they become commonplace.

I've seen more double KO/match extensions then timeouts and that's saying something.

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
I fully agree with this, especially given that the game doesn't even follow real time.

Method

Full Combo Punishable
Don't hate this idea. I'd also like to see the health bars increased, personally. Rounds are too fast, even at high levels of play featuring godlike defense.