What's new

Mortal Kombat X Patch Notes 6/23/15

Took a really long time for me to download the patch. I didn't like time it or anything but it was a while. It kept pausing itself automatically and I had to keep restarting it.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Any of kotal variations are the least of your worries right now
You miss the point. When they buffed his totems (including his defense one---obsidian I think) they removed any incentive to actually play Unbreakable. Outside of a slide and a ice ball, Kotal now does everything Unbreakable does with better damage and more tools. Do you see my point yet? They didn't even think it through, and now when they had a chance to balance all the characters they chose to ignore Subby. This is the issue.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
You miss the point. When they buffed his totems (including his defense one---obsidian I think) they removed any incentive to actually play Unbreakable. Outside of a slide and a ice ball, Kotal now does everything Unbreakable does with better damage and more tools. Do you see my point yet? They didn't even think it through, and now when they had a chance to balance all the characters they chose to ignore Subby. This is the issue.
Well then you're still fucked if you want to switch because BG is still ass. So start downplaying

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Oh god why did they buff sonya
Mostly fixes. Why they buffed her Leg Grab damage and made projectile mid is beyond me but the Leg Grab lets your opponent out of the corner in her non-uppercut combos so it will only be useful midscreen where it knocks them far away.
So does tanya's ex-tele have any use outside of being a combo extender?
anti-air, now with the removal of armor it will be harder to connect but it still works
Oh god. Looks like hellfire scorpion is useless
Scorpion has all the tools he needs to win. You literally can't zone him. His d4 outranges most of the cast. So he lost his stamina block infinite, boo hoo. If he had a meter block infinite that would be one thing as meter is hard to come by, but Stamina comes back so fast after using it for FBC so it's beyond dumb.
Tanya didnt get slammed at all. They nerfed what all Tanya mains agreed needed to be nerfed and fixed her hitbox issues. AND buffed Pyro. I can't speak for anyone else but I am fucking ecstatic right now.
This exactly. Tanya got what she had coming.

KITANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I could care less about switching to blood god, merely using Kotal as an example of a misguided decision on NRS's part---- not that buffing Kotal was bad, but that Buffing Kotal in a way that invalidates an already weak variation of Subz without in turn giving Unbreakable any attention was just plain silly.

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
retty sad Scorpion's 1 bar BNBS no longer work. And here I was really mastering his fireball cancels. Oh well, back to finding a new character that fits my playstyle.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Thoughts:
  • Jacqui - Stanky Leg (BK ~up BK) is now listed in the movelist Ayyyy that's good, but Stanky Leg? Lmaoooooooooo
  • Kano - Black Dragon Ball (enhanced) damage increased by 4 Noice, this'll help Commandos mostly.
  • Kano - Uprise Ball (enhanced) damage increased by 3 and is now -5 on block (down from -27) Meh still a bar though, which we need for combos.
  • Kano (Commando) – Choke & Strangle are now -4 on block (down from -14) Sexy.
  • Kitana – now pokes out with a fan in Punishing Poke (Down + FP) "Oh no but it's -10" I can hear it already *eyeroll*
  • Kitana - Rising Blades can now be special move 2in1’d out of on hit I wonder how this will affect her bnbs/damage
  • Kitana - 2nd fan in enhanced Fan Toss is now a mid block Ugh but Paulo said mid fans were dumb.
  • Kitana - Fan Swipe (Towards + BP) is now -6 on block (down from -18) +8 on hit (up from -14) and has 12 less recovery frames Inb4 "but it's not an overhead, it needs to be an overhead for her to be viable"
  • Kitana - increased combo damage scaling after Rightful Heir combo (Towards + BK, FK) Hahahaha
To be honest if there are Kitanas that still aren't happy after all these buffs then they don't deserve to continue with their whine posts, they'll just need to shut up and get on with it instead of complaining.
  • Kung Jin (Ancestral) - now goes into a ducking state during Low Shot Yo dat Green Arrow buff
  • Kung Lao (Hat Trick) - Hat Call Back is now a mid block Noice.
  • Kung Lao (Hat Trick) - Hat Call Back of a Low Hat Trap is now a low block Interesting...
  • Kung Lao (Hat Trick) - slightly easier to juggle combo after Hat Call Back Yayyyy, hitting NJP after that was a bitch.
  • Kung Lao (Hat Trick) - reduced High Hat Trap recovery by 25 frames 25 frames! PogChamp
  • Kung Lao (Hat Trick) - reduced Hat Trap & Low Hat Trap recovery by 15 frames Hol' up.
I mean I was messing around with Hat Trick before and wasn't sure since it did mediocre damage, had mediocre setups and had hard to hit conversions but I think I might look at it a little more now.
  • Liu Kang (Flame Fist) - Windmill Punch & Windmill Flurry can now be 2in1 special cancelled on block/hit I wonder how this afects him...
  • Liu Kang (Flame Fist) - Shaolin Flame can now be 2in1 special cancelled out of Thank god, the recovery on this is insane.
  • Mileena (Ravenous) - doing the Quick Taste combo (Away + FP, BP, throw) will now heal her a small amount as she bites I like when NRS do interesting things with moves.
  • Mileena (Ethereal) - Reduced the recovery on Vanish Away & Vanish Towards. Also allows for combos to continue afterwards. Ohohohohohohohohoho!
  • Raiden - Supernatural combo (Away + FK, BK) can now be 2in1 cancelled out of Huh, I wonder how this will affect his damage...
  • Raiden - reduced the hitbox of Electric Fly & Thunder Fly Tom Brady you're welcome huehuehue
  • Raiden (Thunder God) - slightly less chip damage on charged normals Yassssssssss
  • Raiden (Master of Storms/Displacer) - now has a God's Rage combo (Towards + FP, BP, Away + BP) WHEN WILL THIS PATCH DOWNLOAD DAMN IT
  • Reptile - adjusted several hitboxes to hit more consistently
  • Reptile - can no longer repeatedly stack the damage nullification from Stealth & Invisibility
  • Reptile - Slithering Slaps (Away + BP) increased damage by 2
  • Reptile - increased damage of Slink combo (FP, BP, FP) by 4
  • Reptile - increased damage on Deadly Venom combo (FP, BK) by 4
  • Reptile - decreased damage of Dragon Kick (FK) by 2
  • Reptile - increased damage of Shedding Skin combo (FK, BK, Down + BK) by 2
  • Reptile - increased hit/cancel advantage on Sneaky Snake combo (Away + FP, Down + BK) by 20 What will this do for him though? He can probably link it into Klaw Pounce/Bounce or something now? I feel like I'm missing something here.
  • Reptile - increased damage Toxic combo (Towards + FK, Away + BK) by 2 Doesn't this already do 16% though?!
  • Reptile - Low Heel (Down + FK) now has 7 startup frames (down from 9) and is -3 on block (up from -2)
Holy Reptile buffs (and three nerfs) Batman!
  • Scorpion - Eternal Vengeance combo (BP, FP, BK) has 4 less cancel advantage and no longer resets the block stun when it's 2in1 cancelled out of Get fucked Hellfire Scorpions lolololol
  • Scorpion (Ninjutsu) - increased damage on Affliction combo (Away + FP, BP, FP) by 2
  • Scorpion (Ninjutsu) - increased damage on Doom Slice (Away + BP) by 4
  • Scorpion (Ninjutsu) - increased damage on Doom Blade (Towards + BP) by 4
  • Scorpion (Ninjutsu) - increased damage on Dead End combo (BP, FP, BP) by 2
  • Scorpion (Ninjutsu) – Downfall (Away + BK) now hits twice
  • Scorpion (Ninjutsu) - increased damage on Cataclysm combo (Towards + BK, BP) by 4
"Eddy Wang was 'ere 23 06 15"
  • Shinnok - adjusted several hitboxes to hit more consistently Well ok, I wasn't having any problems but I know others were
  • Shinnok (Necromancer) - adjusted tracking of Devil's Flick, Devil's Backhand, Summoned Fiend, & Summoned Slam OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT WHEN IS THIS FUCKING PATCH GODDAMNIT I WANT TO PLAY MY VARIATION DAMN IT GIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMENOWWWWWWWWWWW THIS IS BASICALLY CHRISTMAS
  • Shinnok (Necromancer) - increased damage on Judgment Fist & Judgment Smash by 3 DON'T GIVE A FUCK
  • Shinnok (Necromancer) - Devil's Flick is no -8 on block (up from -4) NRS WHY WHAT WAS BROKEN ABOUT IT BEFORE IT WAS INTERRUPTIBLE IN PRESSURE ANYWAY
  • Shinnok (Bone Shaper) - Dark Beam is now a high block and +8 on hit (up from -14) YOOOOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO +8 RESTANDS
  • Shinnok (Bone Shaper) - opponent can no longer techroll after Scepter Slam k
  • Shinnok (Bone Shaper) - Deity combo (Towards + BP, BP, throw) can now be 2in1 cancelled on hit Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
I CAN PLAY NECRO AGAIN I'M SO HAPPY GODDAMNIT YEEEEESSSSSSSSS
  • Sonya - adjusted several hitboxes to hit more consistently Hopefully this means no B33212 shit :D
  • Sonya – added 5 more recovery frames on Air Drop when missed Probably a good thing.
  • Sonya - Energy Blast is a mid block and -5 on block (up from -15) OHOHOHOHOHOHOHO
  • Sonya (Demolition) - increased cancel advantage on Boomer combo (FP, FP, BP) Wait so this will make it cancellable?
  • Sonya (Demolition) - adjusted the damage & hit stun of the grenade attacks Yay I think, hopefully this isn't a nerf...
Kano buffs, Shinnok MEGABUFFS/FIXES and Jacqui gets Stanky Leg added to the movelist? Lmao this patch has done me good, but WHEN WILL IT BE ON XBOX DAMN IT I DON'T WANT TO WAIT 'TIL MONDAY
Commando Kano buffs! K N I F E B O I Z
That's Cybernetic dafty :REO