What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 Tournament Results for Yesterday's GDA Tourney!

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
The vibrant energy stemming from Mortal Kombat 9 continues to burn strong in the Greek Dojo Academy. Yesterday, its prodigies all hosted a vicious MK9 tournament, putting their pride on the line to test their strength against those who would oppose them on their roads to the top. Now, thanks to our good friend Metzos, we have the results and the footage for you guys to check out below! Congratulations to Metzos for bringing glory to his pride and joy, Ermac.

1. Metzos (Ermac)
2. Hidan (Quan Chi, Johnny Cage)
3. Rhapsody (Kabal, Kung Lao)
4. Frankie (Scorpion, Sonya Blade)

Below is the archived stream. It is divided in multimple parts:

http://www.twitch.tv/zaelock/profile/pastBroadcasts

Also, for a quick jump to the top eight, check this link submitted by NickDaGreek1983 - http://www.twitch.tv/zaelock/b/471949161

We had tag casuals after the tournament was over. Hope you guys enjoy the footage.

Article edited by AK GamerBlake

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Metzos your beard is fucking godlike. Dont have time to watch the stream atm, but that definitely caught my attention.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I need to shave ASAP. Hope you enjoy the matches Smokey.

Whos the smoke in top 8? I feel he could whiff punish your pushes with smoke bombs if he learned the spacing midscreen, as hes just trying to yolo dash up b23 you and getting ruined for it.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Whos the smoke in top 8? I feel he could whiff punish your pushes with smoke bombs if he learned the spacing midscreen, as hes just trying to yolo dash up b23 you and getting ruined for it.
LionHeart. I didnt give him any chances to do that. If you pay close attention i was always throwing TKP's when he was doing something. I wasnt constantly throwing them randomly out there, just because i played against Smoke. I was moving constantly. Also you cannot calculate precisely the range of a max TKP simply because, it affects the opponents hurtbox as well. What i mean by that is that if the opponent is indeed outside of max range TKP and he tries to bait any other incoming TKP's, in Smoke's example with Smoke bomb, he will get hit by Ermac's next TKP cause it will touch his limbs. So in a tense match its not easy to calculate the range of good positioned TKP's. That, and the fact that Ermac's walk speed is awesome as well, which helps him a lot in positioning himself during his zoning.

Post edited.

The vibrant energy stemming from Mortal Kombat 9 continues to burn strong in the Greek Dojo Academy. Yesterday, its prodigies all hosted a vicious MK9 tournament, putting their pride on the line to test their strength against those who would oppose them on their roads to the top. Now, thanks to our good friend Metzos, we have the results and the footage for you guys to check out below! Congratulations to Metzos for bringing glory to his pride and joy, Ermac.

1. Metzos (Ermac)
2. Hidan (Quan Chi, Johnny Cage)
3. Rhapsody (Kabal, Kung Lao)
4. Frankie (Scorpion, Sonya Blade)

Below is the archived stream. It is divided in multimple parts:

http://www.twitch.tv/zaelock/profile/pastBroadcasts

Also, for a quick jump to the top eight, check this link submitted by NickDaGreek1983 - http://www.twitch.tv/zaelock/b/471949161

We had tag casuals after the tournament was over. Hope you guys enjoy the footage.

Article edited by AK GamerBlake

Congrats!! @Metzos

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Nivek, Nikolass, Sixshooter and I were absent.

I had midterms and all. Gonna attend the IGAU tournament this sunday though.

Haze

Noob
Yes, they are.

Damn... wish I could've made it!! Oh well, there is always next time. GGs to everyone
are u guys gonna have more mk tourneys in the future? if so could u keep me posted i would like 2 visit the greekdojo a planeticket from holland 2 greece isnt expensive outside holiday seison

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
are u guys gonna have more mk tourneys in the future? if so could u keep me posted i would like 2 visit the greekdojo a planeticket from holland 2 greece isnt expensive outside holiday seison
Oh, that would be nice! This would have a more international feel to the tournament! Are you on xbl by any chance?

SixShooter

Is my favourite a Kameo?
I think there is going to be one in December. Not 100% sure though.