What's new

More MKX News, Beyond KP2, On The Horizon, Koming Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

trufenix

bye felicia
No, I'm talking about when he said the netcode was fine in that same interview, and when he released statements afterwards saying that the netcode had been improved.
MKXs netcode is improved from Injustice and MUCH improved from MK9. It is also fine for a great number of people as evidenced by all those people playing their hearts out across the globe for those ESL $. Nobody ever asked is MKX netcode as good as KI on camera.

Now I asked you a question first, why did you completely ignore it. What do you mean by "backpedalling", or are you just going to keep dickriding?
I was going to reply, but then you said not replying is somehow dickriding. I'm not really sure what that means, but I want to pursue it more.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
What I don't get is why is Kung Lao fighting Kotal Kahn in the outerworld marketplace for this announcement. Maybe it has something to do with the lore between the 2 in addition to the GGPO net code?
Yes, the tyrant Kung Lao was hoarding all the netkode for himself, but our hero and savior Kotal Kahn standing up to him, and releasing all the netkode for us poor peasants.

Its all been foretold on wall scrolls hundreds of years ago.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
ce
Doesn't matter, that's the sort of work that is expected of a multiplayer game, not to mention a multiplayer game selling itself on claims of its flawless online experience. It's only more work for them now because they didn't do it right from the bat.

BTW the people citing MK9 and Injustice as "proof" are exactly the point I'm making, people said that it would literally be impossible to change the netcode or else they would have done it by now and that MK9 and Injustice are proof that they can't. Which is just flat wrong and deliberately interpreting the information at hand to make it suit your point of view. It's not proof of anything, it just shows a pattern of behavior, there's absolutely no reason to believe they were incapable of implementing technology that we know has been around since last decade, GGPO itself is now nearly 5 years old. Basically people need to shut the fuck up about stuff they have no idea about. But it's TYM, that's never gonna happen.
I don't think I ever said they couldn't, but wouldn't. It was never impossible for sure. No one expected them to go back that far in the code to incorporate GGPO is what I assume. If it is GGPO, they've probably been working on it for several months.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
MKXs netcode is improved from Injustice and MUCH improved from MK9. It is also fine for a great number of people as evidenced by all those people playing their hearts out across the globe for those ESL $. Nobody ever asked is MKX netcode as good as KI on camera.

I was going to reply, but then you said not replying is somehow dickriding. I'm not really sure what that means, but I want to pursue it more.
No way in hell is it improved from Injustice, compared to Injustice in the months leading up to MKX, it's either worse or equally bad. But that's irrelevant. Using this technicality "it's still terrible, but it's improved!" is what I was talking about with the Stockholm syndrome some of you exhibit. On top of that, justifying his statements about the PC port being perfect because "he couldn't have known" is just bullshit, because if he didn't know, he shouldn't have said it, if he did know, then he lied. Regardless, he definitely knew how abysmal it was at some point before it was released, and retracted none of his statements, continuing to let his lie sell a false product, so they are statements that we most definitely CAN hold him to. And then, irrelevant to all that, there is still the blatant lies he made about the QoL features of the multiplayer itself he promised us, such as

"NetherRealm is also looking to improve its general messaging with Mortal Kombat X as it relates to error messages players may, unfortunately, encounter online. While the 2011 Mortal Kombat reboot displayed a generic "Connection Lost" screen that never told you why that happened, Mortal Kombat X will feature a more detailed message that lets you know exactly why things went wrong."

Sure Ed, whatever you say.

I've literally never seen anyone try argue that Ed Boon has been honest to us, not even his fans, and these technicalities and anecdotal statements you are trying to use to argue otherwise to are not going to change the facts.

By the way, I'd edited out the part about you dickriding before you responded. But if you are wondering why I included it, it's because every single post you make is abysmal. From here all the way back to where I saw you saying video games should be fully censored until not a single woman on the planet is offended by any of it's content, everything you say just makes me physically shake my head at the computer screen.

Last edited:

God Confirm

I don't think I ever said they couldn't, but wouldn't. It was never impossible for sure. No one expected them to go back that far in the code to incorporate GGPO is what I assume. If it is GGPO, they've probably been working on it for several months.
No doubt bro, all good, I'm just referring to the people who did say that they couldn't, and I fully agree with what you are saying and I feel like it's more expanding on what I'm saying than disagreeing

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
Ed Boon's best troll ever !

He knows his game uses a shitty netcode, but he can't stop himself from saying "hell yeah you bought my 10 year old netcode all over again suckers" ... in his very own way :)

10 dollars on Kombat Pack 3 and more DLCs ... but GGPO ... lol wouldn't bet a cent !

And honestly, if GGPO was on its way : nice way to show his community he still can joke instead of communicating efficiently on such an important matter though.
Considering we all bought this game, he could have tell us as soon as the "project" was launched something like "ok guys, we work on GGPO right now, don't stop playing just now, we heard your complaints, we want to keep you playing MKX, thanks for being patient meanwhile".

Instead, we are supposed to have that joke of a tweet ? wow !

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
1st let me say if it's ggpo thank god. But I wonder how it will work with a game like mkx. If I recall right ggpo sometimes skips frames or something to that effect to make no lag. In a game like mkx where frames are so important a skip worries me but let's see what happens. Does anyone know any games like mkx (based on unreal tech/engine) that's a fighting game that uses ggpo? I hope it works out I hate the current net code we have now.

Also if they did it everyone has to give mad props to nrs. It took time but they listened!!!!!

got a q if ayone has good knowledge of ggpo. I currently play on a wired connection, playing on wifi is possible but is noticably worse than wired, but i cant play as much as i like as the router is in a shared room of the house. Will ggpo make playing on wifi more feasible? Its still a good fast connection on wifi, but wired is obv better
Maybe but wifi online gaming imo will always be be an issue as the wifi can conflict with other devices including routers in the area. I recommend using a router with wireless N but even then most people will say stay clear of wifi.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
I believe kp2 was pushed so far out to have netcode improvements, among other things. I just hope the new code doesn't disappoint and things get worse.

Being able to play folks worldwide would be great as well.

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
got a q if ayone has good knowledge of ggpo. I currently play on a wired connection, playing on wifi is possible but is noticably worse than wired, but i cant play as much as i like as the router is in a shared room of the house. Will ggpo make playing on wifi more feasible? Its still a good fast connection on wifi, but wired is obv better
Wifi will always be unstable when it comes to your ping.

Sure you can DL/UL fast ... but online gaming requires a low/steady ping in most games.

Wifi can't give you that ... Use an ethernet cable like everyone else, use Wifi for things like using internet on your laptop etc ...

No matter how great your Wifi setup, hiccups will always happen when packets get lost. Hence your ping doing a yoyo samba and hiccups happening.

Sad true story.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
why people are talking already about KP3 ? KP2 cost money but doesn't include confirmed map THE PIT. So maybe THE BIG PATCH anonced earlier by WB will come out with some free contenent like THE PIT and maybe other classic maps and maybe a FREE STORY PACK ? I think it's more logical than talking about KP3 before KP2 release date. I'm sure KP3 will come out in 2017

trufenix

bye felicia
I've literally never seen anyone try argue that Ed Boon has been honest to us, not even his fans, and these technicalities and anecdotal statements you are trying to use to argue otherwise to are not going to change the facts.
Your fixation with a developer who has treated you and so many others so cruelly is unhealthy. Maybe you are the one with Stockholm syndrome?

By the way, I'd edited out the part about you dickriding before you responded. But if you are wondering why I included it, it's because every single post you make is abysmal. From here all the way back to where I saw you saying video games should be censored all the way until not a single woman on the planet is offended by any of it's content, everything you say just makes physically shake my head at the computer screen.
Your fixation with a poster who has treated you and so many others so cruelly is unhealthy. Maybe you are the one with Stockholm syndrome?

Nulak

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nulak
Well its about time son (ggpo) but its a really good news for the franchise.

trufenix

bye felicia
The truly terrible news is that this means their new game is definitely running on this same engine.

four more years of stance switch. let's go.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I find it weird they emphasized the words which spell out ggpo but in Tyler's tweet he just says ggs so I think it might be a new game mode or character/map.

If it is a new netcode then awesome but has there ever been a game where almost a year in the developers actually change the netcode? It just seems kinda far fetched but I guess we will find out tmrw and I could be wrong

God Confirm

Your fixation with a developer who has treated you and so many others so cruelly is unhealthy. Maybe you are the one with Stockholm syndrome?

Your fixation with a poster who has treated you and so many others so cruelly is unhealthy. Maybe you are the one with Stockholm syndrome?
You really had absolutely no counter to any of the points I put forth huh. Well, you can't argue with facts I guess. I'd also recommend you whip out Oxford Google Edition and double check what the meaning of Stockholm Syndrome is, friend.

trufenix

bye felicia
You really had absolutely no counter to any of the points I put forth huh. Well, you can't argue with the truth I guess. I'd also recommend you whip out Oxford Google Edition and double check what the meaning of Stockholm Syndrome is, friend.
Why would I debate someone who has insulted me in every single reply? I have not passed through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm over the exact meaning of the phrase "improved".

You want counter point. Put my abysmal posts on ignore. Read some different forums. Go play another game. Get away from the stockholm syndromed liars and dickriders like me that are ruining this one for you.

God Confirm

You want counter point. Put my abysmal posts on ignore. Read some different forums. Go play another game. Get away from the stockholm syndromed liars and dickriders like me that are ruining this one for you.
I didn't say that you or anyone is ruining anything, you quoted ME and started arguing when I said offhandedly (secondary to my main points) that Ed Boon lied to his customers and started trying to argue that shit lool. You need to move on from this bruh
Why would I debate someone who has insulted me in every single reply? I have not passed through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm over the exact meaning of the phrase "improved".
What the fuck are you talking about lmfao

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.