What's new

More leakage about PS4/NextBox (Codenamed Orbis and Durango respectively).

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Apparently these are near final.

PS4 - Orbis
- AMD x86 3.2GHz APU Solution (Jaguar/Steamroller), 4 cores (2 core pairs), [Higher Clock than X720/Durango]
- Maybe AMD 8000 series GPU solution [Customised Solution Possibly utilising GPU + APU combo]
- 2-4GB GDDR5
- Launch Fall 2013/Early 2014

Explanation: PS4 has a higher clock, but less cores and is using an APU solution (CPU & GPU elements combined onto a single chip). The PS4 has less RAM but is using faster GDDR ram, so the overall performance should be a wash.

Xbox 720 - Durango
- AMD x86 Jaguar 1.6GHZ 8-Core [Targeting one core being dedicated for OS tasks]
- AMD 8000 series GPU
- ESRAM on the GPU (unknown amount)
- 8GB Ram DDR3, [1.5GB of RAM likely reserved for the operating system]
- Launch 2013

Explanation: 720 has a lower clock, but more cores. 720 has more but SLOWER RAM. DDR3 RAM is usually good for things like multitasking etc....It is expected to be based on Windows 8 as well.

Note: GDDR ram is more suitable for Graphics Processing (In PS4), and DDR3 is more suitable for OS Tasks (720). It is expected that the 720 may need some sort of ES/ED Ram to compensate. Basically, don't get caught up in the RAM size but the RAM type.

Note 2: Until OS features etc... are revealed. Nothing concrete can be determined BUT at this point, we can assume both systems would have similar performance.

aj1701

Noob
If true, interesting that they're they'd both go AMD. I'd really hope PS4 gets more RAM; 2GB would be foolish at this point. Again, if true, looks like MS has a better idea on RAM, and on the dedicated core for the OS. It's really annoying that a game can completely lock up the PS3.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
I own a PC. I'll always have the best looking games. Crysis 2 and Skyrim at max settings, with mods far surpasses consoles.
If you dont play games for gameplay then you shouldnt be playing them. Seriously though, its PC no shit is gonna be better. Who cares though?

CYracks

Command Grabber

Stay free console peasants. Anyone who says they don't like games that look better are just lying to themselves. You play MK9, the only thing that game can do correctly is look good.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I own a PC. I'll always have the best looking games. Crysis 2 and Skyrim at max settings, with mods far surpasses consoles.
Big difference between PC specs and Console specs.

The 360 currently has 512mb RAM and play Crysis at mid-settings while a PC with 512mb RAM would not.Also take note that the 360 PS3 came out a long time ago.