What's new

More in depth wakeup system!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
If NRS can make the game as solid as they can with no bullshit I wouldn't even care who was top 3. However, in MK10 I want to see more variety in the mechanics.
They would be dumb because you wouldn't be able to even think of using a zoning character if the level of zoning was the same.

MK10 would be even more offensive than it is now. Zoning as it is is buttcheeks. What happened to the days where both offensive and defensive play were equally viable?

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
There are only 2 things I don't like about the wake-up system:

1. Every single wake-up has the exact same number of invincibility frames.
2. There are some specials that can't be woken-up with (Scorpion can't wake-up with spear, Stryker can't wake up with gun, etc). Why not?

How about fixing these 2 problems by giving characters wake-up only special attacks with their own individual properties, EX properties, amount of inv frames, etc?

To me, this would add more depth without completely changing how the wake-up system works.

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about being able to wake-up after tech rolling in MK9. I think there should be a sense of finality there: either you take the risk of a wake-up attack or take the safe tech roll, but you can't do both. Perhaps I'm wrong, though.

They would be dumb because you wouldn't be able to even think of using a zoning character if the level of zoning was the same.

MK10 would be even more offensive than it is now. Zoning as it is is buttcheeks. What happened to the days where both offensive and defensive play were equally viable?
MK always favored the offensive play style IMO.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I'm against your idea, sorry. When you say "idiots get away with wakeup attacks and no penalty" I don't understand. If I wakeup tkp or tks with Ermac and the person the person blocks it I'm fucked for another 30%+ of my life. Wakeup attacks seem fine to me as is. Universal mid/low sounds like tekken. And it does sound like people can still jump over you, as they can in this game.

Edit: Yes there are characters with safe wakeup options. I can't think of a way to mitigate this except to find a weakness (ducking jax's dash punch, for example). I can't think of one for sonya though. Although its the nature of the game, some characters are inherently more viable than others.

The wake up system is fine. Risk reward gamble. What wake up move is not punishable?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
MK always favored the offensive play style IMO.
MK1. MK2. MK4. MKA.

Even MKDA and MKDC had a pretty solid balance on good D. MKD was run by a defensive character. The only truly offensive MK games are MK9 and MK3/UMK3/MKT. Even then, you're pushing it.

All the MK games favored good footsies, though, which can be applied to either side of the spectrum.

A lot of times my quike recovery doesnt seem to work. Any advice? (I smash any button during falldown but the back roll doesnt come out like 30 procent of the times)

MK1. MK2. MK4. MKA.

Even MKDA and MKDC had a pretty solid balance on good D. MKD was run by a defensive character. The only truly offensive MK games are MK9 and MK3/UMK3/MKT. Even then, you're pushing it.

All the MK games favored good footsies, though, which can be applied to either side of the spectrum.
I never really played the 3d MK's. I was still playing SF3. That's true, and that is a reason I like MK is because of the footsies. MK2 was very defensive, but MK3 was the complete opposite.