What's new

MONTREAL MAYHEM BI-WEEKLY #3 Still...."COMING IN HOT!!!" MTL Jer wins!!!

zaf

professor
MONTREAL MAYHEM BI-WEEKLY #3 MTL Jer wins!!!
MontrealMayhem.png
Hey Everyone!

This weekend, here at our lovely home in Montreal we had our third Bi-Weekly event. This would be our fourth event counting our MK release tournament which Ontario ( Toronto and Brockville) attended. We would not see outsiders this Bi-Weely.... however we did get a lot of new faces. We had people from the Tekken/Street fighter community here in attendance wanting to pick up MKX and compete. We had a grand total of 19 entrants which I am more then excited/happy to see. I would love for our Bi-Weekly events to always have these numbers or even more!!! Not only did we have a very healthy turn out of people but we had 6 stations running MKX before the tournament started for casuals and throughout the entire tournament itself. This was the same amount that we ran for our first release tournament. Not only were people barely standing around, everyone got to play and the bracket moved along perfectly. We decided to host the event this Sunday instead of Saturday, to allow players from other communities to attend as they had tournaments of their own on Saturday. We did not have a stream or any matches recorded this time around. We definitely apologize for this and we are making it a point to have a running and very healthy stream for the next event! Be on the look out!!! Now let's get to the matches and to the results shall we??!?!?!

I did get to see a lot of the people play out their games, however I will only be talking about the games of the top 8 placers/ Rounds 4 to Grand Finals.

First up in Round 4 Of winners we had our Local Champion and need I remind you (as we always are), "UNDEFEATED" CHAMPION MTL Jer up against YOMI ( not to be confused with the team). Yomi is generally a capcom player but he has been coming out and playing since the game has come out. Since the release of Tanya, this is the character that YOMI has decided to play. Even though Jer does not have the same experience against Tanya that YOMI has against Cassie, he takes the first game and goes up 1-0. The next match was very heated as YOMI takes a round. Jer answers back and as he is pressuring YOMI in the corner someone plugs their pad into another Ps4 and causes their match to pause. This was a little bit of a mishap but both players decided to just go ahead and restart game 2 all over. Jer still arises as the victor, not being phased at all as YOMI is put into the losers bracket after restarting game 2. Jer did not allow his lack of experience to make him falter. He stuck to what he knows and he came in HOT with missiles.

Next up on the other side of winners we have MTL Zaf ( thats me!!!) facing off with MTL Ecodus. Ermac Vs Jacqui. Looking back to the last Bi-Weekly, Ecodus lost to Zaf in the losers quarter finals knokcing him out of the tournament. Would Ecodus get his revenge this time around? As the first match kicks off, things are looking slim for Ecodus as Zaf takes game 1. A very quick pause and restart and we head into game 2. Once again, Zaf takes the two rounds and does not allow Ecodus to take a round off him as he sends him to the losers bracket.

Now we take a trip down to the losers bracket.

First up, we have new blood vs old blood. Mirakles vs T.Roll. Mirakles is a new face to the NRS scene here in Montreal but by no means does that make him a pushover. He longer wanted to be playing Raiden for this event and decided to play his new love... D'VORAH. T.Roll decides to stop playing Brawler Cassie and takes a lesson from the Montreal Champ Jer, deciding to play Spec OPS Cassie this time around. It definitely seemed to be working out for him as he calls in missiles and takes out the swarm queen in the first game. This is looking like a much stronger T.Roll. Did he find his character? Was this all that was missing for him ? It seems so as he goes up another game eliminating Mirakles from the tournament and moving on into the bracket! Great Play T.roll!!!

The other Round 4 losers match was once again new blood vs old blood. ALEXLOL and Canadian Baconx. ALEX is new to fighters and the NRS community although he does have a lot of friends in the scene. Bacon has been around since the MK9 days and used to be the one doing these write ups. Alex went to his trusty Takeda and Bacon to his new love Tanya. A lot of Tanya to be seen at this local. Now I am not entirely sure who took the first game and drew blood, but I know that the other player returned the favour and tied it up 1-1. These matches were definitely looking very close and as the final bits of health were depleted it was the new blood taking this set. I am almost positive that ALEX did not like the Ronin Takeda match up vs Tanya and decided he would use Shirai Ryu against Bacon. The addition of a teleport to the variation is all ALEX needed to close out the games. Good stuff to the new blood! Better luck next time Bacon!!

With only 6 players remaining we started to finish off the losers bracket and hold off on winners final.

Losers Round 5 Kicks off with Ecodus Vs T.Roll. Jacqui Briggs Vs Cassie. After his loss and being sent to the losers bracket, would Ecodus get in his own head? Would he allow T.Roll to run him over with his new Cassie? As things start off it looks the exact opposite. Ecodus maintains his composure and takes the first game. He has the Cassie experience as he trains with Jer, which shows as he is the one to end the tournament for T.Roll. Great games were played and T.Roll was looking his best since MKX.

The other side of Losers round 5 was another great match. We have YOMI using Tanya once more up against ALEXLOL with his trusty Takeda. I am not too sure how much experience ALEX has against Tanya but it did not seem to matter. Alex would learn the match up as he played. Between Tanya moving around the screen and the pressure that ALEX was bringing to the table we had some very fast gameplay. The games themselves were not over in a split second, but the pace was on another level!!! Alex clutched out the first game and sent a message to YOMI saying " I don't need match up experience to beat you homie". YOMI strikes back and takes the second game saying: "Yes you do homie, you don't know Tanya". The last game is a heated one as it goes to last round last match. Will the new blood rise to the top or will the FG vet come out on top ? With his determination to become a threat ALEX takes out YOMI and sends him home.

Lastly in the losers bracket we have Round 6. Ecodus vs Alex. Jacqui vs Takeda. As the first match begins, Ecodus keeps his distance and threatens space with his full auto Jacqui. ALEXLOL works his way in slowly and patiently but as time goes by his Ronin Takeda loses the first match. He was never allowed to get his game started. Ecodus played to his strengths and kept Alex out the entire time. However the next game would be a surprising one. ALEX goes back to the character select screen!!!! He still sticks with his main character Takeda but changes from Ronin to Shira Ryu. Will the teleport be all that alex was missing? It definitely looked like it! Alex goes up on Ecodus and takes him out game two!!!!. We have a game now ladies and gentlemen. 1-1. The next game was definitely a nail biter. ALEX takes the first round and looks like he is sending Ecodus packing. Will the Master of Salt be able to pull himself together and have Jacqui stay on top? Looks so!!! Ecodus completely changes the pace and locks ALEX down. Very convincing round. Last Round last match is where this game and set is going. ALex applies his patended Takeda pressure and locks down Ecodus in the corner. After getting knocked down Ecodus finds himself in a rough place but manages to get himself out the corner and reverse his pressure. He decides to go for some corner set ups that he has patended on his own but they are completely avoided by ALEX showing that the new blood will not stand for this. Both players now at less then 10% health and ecodus lands a knockdown. Alex decided he can no longer handle the pressure and decides to throw the match!!! He gives Ecodus a free wake up teleport to punish and gets sent home. Defintely one of the better sets played out tonight! Great matches guys!!!!

With only three players left in this 19 man local tournament we head back over to the winners finals were the two MONTREAL MK ELDER GODS face off. This is something we have been seeing from 2011. Jer and Zaf winners finals. Cassie Vs Ermac. Will Zaf be able to take out Jer and put him into losers? From the looks of it, it definitely can happen! Zaf goes out on a strong first round and depletes all Jer's health Bar. Not giving him a chance to set up missiles and applying pressure allows Zaf ( yes thats me....) to take the first game. 1-0. Jer is not phased. Nor is he impressed!!!! With winning being his end goal, he ties the set back up at 1-1. Not too much changes over the next match. Jer stays on top and takes the third game and is up 2-1. Because we are in winners finals the games are Best of 5. So Zaf has his chance still to bring this back and put Jer into losers. Will he make a character switch? Nope. He stays with ermac and decides to fight it out. Although the battle was fought hard, it was still Jer who remained in this throne.

Last match of the losers bracket brings us once again to the training partners of Ecodus and Zaf. Ecodus has a lot riding on this match. Not only did he lose to Zaf in the last Bi-Weekly, he also lost to him previously in the winners bracket tossing his pad to the floor. This time Ecodus is hot of a win on ALEX and has the drive to take himself all the way to Grand Finals. He shows this by taking game one against zaf. The classic Match up of Ermac and Jacqui. But things do not go all to plan for Ecodus. Zaf shakes this off and takes the next game tieing it up 1-1. Keeping the momentum and pressure on his side, Zaf is able to take the next game as well 2-1. This is it for Ecodus. Do or die.... Looks he is going to die and go home before grand finals 3-1. Ecodus now has a new Master and demon.

Last match of the night Zaf vs Jer. The montreal Classic. The Montreal Vanilla iced cream. It was a repeat of the last Bi-Weekly, having it be Jer and Zaf. It was also a repeat of last bi-weekly in the scores as well. Jer takes this one quick 3-0. Unlike the winners side of this match, Zaf does not take a game. He scores a few rounds but Jer wanted the flawless 3-0. His pressure and missile set ups were relenetless. There were definitely some wonky and hard set ups that were blocked by the error macro man himself. However he was only able to hold out for so long before the battle field turned into a war zone with the number of missiles on screen. Jer sits on this throne once more. Awaiting the next challenge!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GREAT JOB TO EVERYONE WHO SHOWED UP!!!!!

FULL RESULTS:

1 - MTL Jer ( Cassie - Spec ops)
2 - MTL Zaf ( Ermac - Master of Souls, Kung Jin - Bojutsu)
3 - MTL Ecodus ( Jacqui - Full Auto)
4 - ALEXLOL ( Takeda - Ronin, Shirai Ryu)
5 - T.Roll ( Cassie - Spec ops)
5 - YOMI ( Tanya - Dragon Naginata)
7 - Canadian BaconX ( Tanya - ???)
7 - Mirakles ( D'Vorah - Swarm Queen)

9 - Howling
9 - Jimmy Bones
9 - Kindred
9 - Venom

13 - Frame Perfect
13 - Izzy
13 - Primal Carnage
13 - Shdow

17 - Kaz
17 - Mike
17 - POTATOBRain

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's the current seedings:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...6J0zc01kZ2CqVrL5licLMDQ/edit?usp=docslist_api

Jer has a bounty on his head this coming week.

Lastly, sorry again for having no footage of the event or a stream.
We will have our equipment for this next Bi-Weekly and have the stream figured out.
Sorry!!!!!

@Jer
@Ecodus
@CanadianBaconX
@T.roll
@hayatei

Tim Static

Adminerator
@zaf @Jer is there an actual MM logo or is the one I took from the Facebook page a generic logo? BTW, that Facebook page is hella ignored. Boo.

Reactions: Jer

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
@zaf @Jer is there an actual MM logo or is the one I took from the Facebook page a generic logo? BTW, that Facebook page is hella ignored. Boo.
It's the logo were using for the time being. Yeah the FB page is pretty ignored, because we all just talk in a giant chat lol. A lot of people started joining so maybe things will spruce up

Tim Static

Adminerator
It's the logo were using for the time being. Yeah the FB page is pretty ignored, because we all just talk in a giant chat lol. A lot of people started joining so maybe things will spruce up
Yea man, gotta use social media to your advantage. :)

But get me more of a avatar sized logo for the front page. Articles look better with that size logo on the FP.

CanadianBaconX

Let's see how long this lasts...
@zaf great write up, except for the part where you thought Alex used Shirai Ryu, he literally went straight Ronin the whole set and just Jedi'd me. Though I'm sure those teleports would have helped in the match up, if he had them lol :)

Also I played Pyromancer.