What's new

MONDAY NIGHT WARS: New Weekly MKX Tournament in Nanuet, NY

Are you ready to level up?

• Total voters
I am sorry for possible offtop, but since all new york / new jersey community here...
Do you guys now some kind of bar where you can play MK9 / MK X and have a drink or two ... like they do it in Chicago at "winter brawlings" ? Area - brooklyn, manhattan? Anyone?
You can play MK2 and UMK3 at the barcade on saint marks in manhattan. Other than that, you're gonna hvae to drink at home for that.

JRosa21

Noob
While that's true, they're still both in relatively close proximity to one another. Considering not everyone is from your town and some people live more in between the two, lit would make more sense to spread them out throughout the week to maximize attendance for those willing/able to make both trips. Or don't. I don't care, just wondering and figured I'd point it out in case whoever chose the day didn't know.
We cannot cater to everyone. We chose this day to not interfere with any other TOURNAMENT weeklies. I for one, am twenty mins away from this and over 2 hours from Claudes weekly casual sessions. No offense to him and we are definitely not trying to compete with him, but we are doing this for all of jersey and NY.

JRosa21

Noob
Also, I'm really excited to see everyone at our first event and if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to message me or tag me directly and I will help the best I can. Let's go MK KOMMUNITY!

JRosa21

Noob
I have very little to do with the planning of this. I didn't choose the venue, the day or time or the tournament. I'm here to promote and to do basic streaming of it until I upgrade to a better stream equipment if this is popular.
it will be godlike and I do plan on winning every single one :coffee:
I'm gonna be making brackets, then bodying everyone. #banthetournamentorganizers

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
We cannot cater to everyone. We chose this day to not interfere with any other TOURNAMENT weeklies. I for one, am twenty mins away from this and over 2 hours from Claudes weekly casual sessions. No offense to him and we are definitely not trying to compete with him, but we are doing this for all of jersey and NY.
Yeah I don't have a problem with it one way or the other, just wanted to make sure the people who chose this day were aware of the overlap there. No worries.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
lol im done, I edited the post. Are you coming out to this chatterbox? how far is it from you?
Ha, thanks from all the mobile users then. I learned my lesson and am back on my rig at home.

I am totally coming to these. It's three hours away, in ideal conditions. I can slip out to a few after work on Mondays and just lose a night of sleep depending on how late it runs. I can't be there every week but over the summer I have more leeway to make them, also hopefully I can meet up with some of my new england guys and really invade with less driving.

Odoyle

Drops combos
I suppose BLT's Monday supremacy couldn't last forever with MKX coming out. Good luck guys, I'll be sure to catch it when I can.