What's new

Guide - Acidic Molecular Acid? That's Quite A Defense Mechanism: The Ultimate Acidic Guide(Updated 4-2-16)

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Also this good 2 bar midscreen vortex combo(dont know if its worth it ) :
b3/f4 ex flip rc b11u4 f23ex crawl f23 acid blood

idk man I can tell you dmg what it shows but acid adds dmg later and idk how to calculate it

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure

idk man I can tell you dmg what it shows but acid adds dmg later and idk how to calculate it
i'll replicate the combo and calculate it when i can

SkyratiK

The game session is no longer available.

Probably better off doing run into 33~acid blood and saving the meter for another 50/50 into ex flip

SkyratiK

That would be 36% assuming they remain in the puddle.

SkyratiK

I just found out that after f134sting in corner you are able to hit not only d1 but 112 or 12. So:
f134exo sting 12acid blood for restand ,112 strike for dmg .
His uppercut is fast too. I wonder if f134~exo sting, uppercut, whatever into ex crawl would work and put them back into the corner with f23~acid blood.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
So I just printed out this guide and will be using it to learn some Acidic Alien, later this evening. Do you guys think that it still holds up well in today's game?

(I haven't really played MK X in a while, so I don't know if any patching / hot fixes were released since this guide was created)

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
So I just printed out this guide and will be using it to learn some Acidic Alien, later this evening. Do you guys think that it still holds up well in today's game?

(I haven't really played MK X in a while, so I don't know if any patching / hot fixes were released since this guide was created)
Yes it's still very good, pissibly imo the best character in the game. It was hot fixed, but it didn't destroy the character in the slightest.

Frigid_Alloy

Their blood will freeze in my hands!
A good start, but you should beef it up with a combo section, vortex setups, hit corner game, general strategy and tips on how to deal with some of his troublesome matchups.
Awesome guide. I picked up Alien last weekend, and i plan to master acidic. Really like the way the character plays.
If any acidic pros out there want to link me to the most up-to date (patch wise) on what they feel i should be learning or watching, please feel free to do so. I dont have access to a PC all day right now so Im trying to compile the best strategies and combos to start with.

Awesome guide. I picked up Alien last weekend, and i plan to master acidic. Really like the way the character plays.
If any acidic pros out there want to link me to the most up-to date (patch wise) on what they feel i should be learning or watching, please feel free to do so. I dont have access to a PC all day right now so Im trying to compile the best strategies and combos to start with.
I think most of it is the same expect tic damage got nerfed with his acid and his acid blood used as a restand isn't on as much advantage on hit like before but I think most of it all the same so they all still apply

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Due to the nerf to acid puddle hit advantage, it's also advised to not go completely HAM after restanding them. Your opponent will have options, even if the situation is in your favor.

Frigid_Alloy

Their blood will freeze in my hands!
Ok cool, thanks a-lot guys, I can hit the lab with confidence knowing his bnb tactics are still viable for the most part.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I'd love it, if you had a video explaining all those kombos with inputs. I use Alien Tarkatan, but now I'm in the middle to learn the Acidic due of some characters having their own projectiles. ;)