What's new

MLG Anaheim Top 16; Winners, Losers & details for Sunday

revovler said this in the chat. I don't trust it 100% but how would you explain Reo losing to 16bit when he wrecks and babies CD for lunch? Anyway... I'm happy that Kabal is down.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
revovler said this in the chat. I don't trust it 100% but how would you explain Reo losing to 16bit when he wrecks and babies CD for lunch? Anyway... I'm happy that Kabal is down.
16 bit is at the absolute top of his game. He could have easily taken REO.

CD Jr needs PL to lose here....due to the continuation rule, if PL wins, CD Jr will start down 3-0 in a first to 6, which is incredibly tough.

Zoidberg747

CD Jr needs PL to lose here....due to the continuation rule, if PL wins, CD Jr will start down 3-0 in a first to 6, which is incredibly tough.
You really think DJT and Detroit are both going to not go to the Grand finals? DJT is going to the grand finals imo

Slymind

Noob
I gotta say, Kabal is anti-fun to this game, it's ridiculous seeing some players having to abandon their mains just for this matchup. Something must be done

Zoidberg747

I gotta say, Kabal is anti-fun to this game, it's ridiculous seeing some players having to abandon their mains just for this matchup. Something must be done
People have to do that with a lot of bad matchups, not just Kabal. This tournament only proves how beatable he is, because REO is not even top 8 and all other Kabals didnt even make top 16. Detroit is playing solid right now though.

Nothing needs to be "done"

CDjr got his runback but I really think it's impossible for him to pull 6 games on PL without PL taking 3 first... but who knows. Best tournament in history, I'm speechless

Slymind

Noob
People have to do that with a lot of bad matchups, not just Kabal. This tournament only proves how beatable he is, because REO is not even top 8 and all other Kabals didnt even make top 16. Detroit is playing solid right now though.

Nothing needs to be "done"
I see that only with Kabal and Kenshi which is another situation as well. I'm not taking the merit from Kabal players, Detroid is one of the best players of all, same to Reo, Kabal is beatable by some characters, while for some other characters it's borderline unwinnable imo(if the Kabal player is good ofc). Take DJT vs Detroid, i consider both players to be somehow the same lvl, yet, Detroid utterly dominated DJT Sub, Detroid could've have won no problem, but at least i would expect a more even match. I consider this game to be fairly balanced, but, there are some extremes that must be adressed, Kabal imo, is responsible for the majority of them, hence, must be toned down. That's my opinion, you have the right to disagree.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
STUPID DENZEL!!!!!!! WHY YOU DIDN'T USED ENHANCED SLIDE IN THE END OF THAT MATCH?????

Zoidberg747

I see that only with Kabal and Kenshi which is another situation as well. I'm not taking the merit from Kabal players, Detroid is one of the best players of all, same to Reo, Kabal is beatable by some characters, while for some other characters it's borderline unwinnable imo(if the Kabal player is good ofc). Take DJT vs Detroid, i consider both players to be somehow the same lvl, yet, Detroid utterly dominated DJT Sub, Detroid could've have won no problem, but at least i would expect a more even match. I consider this game to be fairly balanced, but, there are some extremes that must be adressed, Kabal imo, is responsible for the majority of them, hence, must be toned down. That's my opinion, you have the right to disagree.
Oh wait, PL's Kabal just by Kang. Guess there is an answer huh?

Sorry but this tourney only proves how manageable he actually is.

Thanks Continuation! Now PL starts down 3-0! Because this is fair and makes sense!
It is his fault for losing their first match 3-0 in the first place. Plus you could say the same thing for CD Jr.

Art Killer B

[Mid-tier Humble-man]
I knew VSM were not taking this...but I'am really amazed that REO, Maxter and Curbo could not even make it at top 8.
CDjr placing 4. We at the stream before MLG were asking MIT to apologize TYM when DJT lost 5-0 to Tom Brady. But now EGP proved all us wrong, we should apologize to them.

I apologize to MIT. After all, you were right.
Better way to shut our mouths than with results. Congratulations to DJT, MIT, Tyrant and all WC players that were there.

Slymind

Noob
Oh wait, PL's Kabal just by Kang. Guess there is an answer huh?

Sorry but this tourney only proves how manageable he actually is.

Did i say Kabal was unbeatable? I clearly said that there are characters that can deal with him, and, the PL vs DJT only reenforce my point about the extremes, PL doesn't even have Kabal as his primary character(he was dropping a lot of stuff btw) yet, he beat one of the bests Sub-Zeros out there with him, the same Sub that, went 3-0 on his actual mains before.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Congratulations to Detroit !! The guy is cool and class act, and very good with different characters, and one of the best players around .... he was the best player today, so, well deserved. :D

Pound IC

Noob
I knew VSM were not taking this...but I'am really amazed, REO, Maxter and Curbo not even at top 8.
CDjr placing 4. We at the stream before MLG were asking MIT to apologize TYM when DJT lost 5-0 to Tom Brady. But now EGP proved all us wrong, we should apologize to them.

I apologize to MIT. After all, you were right.
Better way to shut our mouths than with results. Congratulations to DJT, MIT, Tyrant and all WC players that were there.
What? You realize that Tyrant was the only EGP player in the top 8, right? Vegas proved you wrong, not EGP

Zoidberg747

Did i say Kabal was unbeatable? I clearly said that there are characters that can deal with him, and, the PL vs DJT only reenforce my point about the extremes, PL doesn't even have Kabal as his primary character(he was dropping a lot of stuff btw) yet, he beat one of the bests Sub-Zeros out there with him, the same Sub that, went 3-0 on his actual mains before.
Detroit outplayed Denzel plain and simple. And yes Kabal kind of rapes Sub Zero, that happens. He adjusted and switched to Liu and did well. I never said Kabal was not good either, but he is beatable. If he is beatable, then enough with this "should we ban him" bullshit.