What's new

Discussion MKXL's New Online - Feedback From Those Who Didn't Play The Beta

How you guys liking it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
man the thing is 2 people voted that is bad , you and 1 more person . how you feel about that ? you feel like you are right and the netcode is like before ? for reals
Well I was one of the first ones to get into the beta (got in right as it opened), so I have first-hand experience on how it feels. To those who haven't been there, or to any of the beta versions, the sudden change from Vanilla could have gave them a placebo effect and think it's offline-like, which is not true at all.

But seriously, to say that it's better than KI? you must not have actually played KI or any GGPO-based fighter online.

MioTenacious

"There is fear in your heart"
Well I was one of the first ones to get into the beta (got in right as it opened), so I have first-hand experience on how it feels. To those who haven't been there, or to any of the beta versions, the sudden change from Vanilla could have gave them a placebo effect and think it's offline-like, which is not true at all.

But seriously, to say that it's better than KI? you must not have actually played KI or any GGPO-based fighter online.
u r funny , how can i say my opinion on something without trying it first ? ofc i played KI and plenty of other fighting games online man but anyway if thats your opinion it just is i cant change that hah

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I've only played Ranked and Private so far, but it's been about 95% perfect for me. And this coming from someone who can't even use an Ethernet cable and is currently in New Zealand - where all internet is prehistoric compared to most places. An NRS game with good netplay has felt like an unobtainable dream until now. I'm shocked, to be honest.

Now if I get my ass kicked online the only reason is because I'm shit. And it's great.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
it's definitely worlds better. I can at least now pull off kombos that I could not do online successfully that I could offline. I have to admit...just playing the online before the dlc was out on monday it felt like a massive update so....kudos!

Well, to be fair, some of the good matches that I've had really does feel like the beta besides sometimes there will be a massive lag spike for no reason and it will go back down to the regular ping. The only bad matches I've had are with randoms.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I can FINALLY play as scorpion online now, doing his teleport combos. Before the patch I could never connect anything.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
for those of us who are forced to use wifi for whatever reason and for however long (i dont wanna hear about how im the scum of the earth), the netcode is even worse

CRKFIEND

Noob
I'm glad to hear that many of people have experienced improved netcode. I can say for certain that I'm not having a better time. I left the game originally due to laggy battles, and over the last two days, I have played many matches and have not been overly impressed.

Maybe if you continually played MKX prior to patch, and play it daily it is an improvement. But I've had plenty of slowdown/lag/gameplay freezes (connection issue icon appears mid game) and I have a decent internet connection.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I don't know if it's just me or a bad day, but Im the new.online for the first time today and literally every player in a room is showing 1000ms.

A guy will challenge me occasionally and it always says 0ms. Then we fail to connect. Haven't played a single match yet.

Anybody else?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Not sure where to ask this so I'll ask here.

In the options with setting the ping indicator for online there's something that says, "Offline Input Delay", and to turn it off/on.

What does that mean?

Not sure where to ask this so I'll ask here.

In the options with setting the ping indicator for online there's something that says, "Offline Input Delay", and to turn it off/on.

What does that mean?
It gives you the supposedly default input delay that is used for the online, I think it's like 3f or 3ms or something, I forget. Pretty sure that's bullshit though, I've been having a lot of delay lately in the online matches, way more than in the beta.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
It gives you the supposedly default input delay that is used for the online, I think it's like 3f or 3ms or something, I forget. Pretty sure that's bullshit though, I've been having a lot of delay lately in the online matches, way more than in the beta.
The delay is not even 3f lmao. 3f was used in the early stages of the beta. Now it's near vanilla MKX status if not actual vanilla MKX status, which ranges from 8-15f

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I realize that, that's why I said "Pretty sure that's bullshit though" lol
UNLESS

you're playing someone who's on a very good connection. Which I actually was able to experience with only 3 people.

btw the pings lie just as badly as vanilla MKX. I can play someone with 60ms ping and have the same latency as someone with 115ms. It's really not at all like the early beta.

UNLESS

you're playing someone who's on a very good connection. Which I actually was able to experience with only 3 people.

btw the pings lie just as badly as vanilla MKX. I can play someone with 60ms ping and have the same latency as someone with 115ms. It's really not at all like the early beta.
Exactly, when it's against someone who has a decent wired connection, it feels fine, but some matches also just have random lag spikes even though the match had been completely fine prior. It's really odd, and I hope they continue to try and make the netcode better.

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
Its great but im noticing more disconnect s and after one game in player match the load screen could be super long . like 2 min waiting for the rematch. Anyone else had this?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
The delay is not even 3f lmao. 3f was used in the early stages of the beta. Now it's near vanilla MKX status if not actual vanilla MKX status, which ranges from 8-15f
So is it better to turn it on or leave it off, and why?

Also I was in the beta from the 1st run, the 3rd day I was in. What it felt like at that time was on par with the best games online on the market. KI/SG level. I was ecstatic. I've been hesitant to play online in fear of disappointment but finally did yesterday. While it's surely playable, it's nowhere near what the beta was.

I never used to play online so my opinion is not skewed by a year of garbage netcode becoming decent. I feel like anyone who thinks it is "godlike" now is someone who played 10 months of garbage netcode so they don't know any better.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Yeah that input delay option is bullshit I played connection better than the offline input delay option

And people who think the old netcode is better or in par you are out of your mind!!!
Yes I played SFIV, SFV, Skullgirls, tekken 6, TTT2 and I would actually say this netcide is atleast on par or even better than these games.

Pro tip: stop being wireless and playing wireless people

Also You can still gave an ass connection being wired too
I'm 200DL /20UL Fuber Optic Wired and I choose the people I at and the connection is 10 times better

I'm actively playing SFV too so this ain't no "so use to the old netcide effect"

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
For the most part yes. The netcode is good.
However its not letting me invite people and play with them @Chrishaspads
We couldnt for the love of Pete connect with each other. and my xbox is Hardwired so I know its not connection at all.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Never played TT2 online, does it have similar netcode as SCV?

SCV was my favorite netcode, it felt so good with out annoying rollback.