What's new

Discussion MKXL's New Online - Feedback From Those Who Didn't Play The Beta

How you guys liking it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
So...the patch with the new netcode dropped today. While a lot of us got in the closed beta, a lot were still unfortunate and couldn't experience anything until today.

For those players who didn't get in the beta, how you enjoying the experience? Pretty sure I speak for all beta participants in saying that you guys were in for a treat... :)

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I literally played one match. It was super laggy, so I said fuck it. Started playing SFV again. Plus I can't buy triborg yet. I'll try again when he becomes available.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
My update has been downloading for the past 5 hours so I haven't got to try it yet. I'm super worried because I'm forced to be on wifi for the next couple weeks until we can get some holes drilled. I'm just gonna try stick to UK opponents.

Skedar70

Noob
You guys absolutely sure the new GGPO netcode has been implemented? Does this mean the Beta is no longer usable and no further beta testing will be required? I remember the cast where they said that they were shooting to release the new netcode on March 1st but that this might not be the case and the beta may move further beyond that date until they felt it was ready.

THTB

I literally played one match. It was super laggy, so I said fuck it. Started playing SFV again. Plus I can't buy triborg yet. I'll try again when he becomes available.
Yeah, still a possibility for laggy matches, unfortunately. But trust me, it's way way better than the old netcode lol.

THTB

You guys absolutely sure the new GGPO netcode has been implemented? Does this mean the Beta is no longer usable and no further beta testing will be required? I remember the cast where they said that they were shooting to release the new netcode on March 1st but that this might not be the case and the beta may move further beyond that date until they felt it was ready.
I can confirm for sure this is the new netcode. Experienced a couple instances of rollback in a couple matches, just like the beta. All online option toggles are also in.

This is it. :)

Skedar70

Noob
I can confirm for sure this is the new netcode. Experienced a couple instances of rollback in a couple matches, just like the beta. All online option toggles are also in.

This is it. :)
Ok cool I will test it when I get home. I have 3rd world internet and was able to play the beta just fine. If it works for me it should work for everyone.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Guys I am not a programmer but I imagine when the beta got merged into mkx (like now)we will have issues. It can be who your playing. Just remember those on the beta didn't play noobs those on the beta knew about the beta and how to get in. Now that the beta is merged with everyone. The enhanced online doesn't fix shitty connections.... So just want to say that to those that play 1 game and feel the online sucks.

Also u can still have issues as this was just merged from beta to the retail game. Issues may show up as u know sfv had sever tests and is having issues now. It's life when shit goes live...

HanSolo

Noob
Just hopped on, labbed up my rusty shinnok for a few minutes and hopped in a match. Subzero ragequit halfway through the second match but it feels LOADS better and I haven't even hooked up ethernet yet.(moved the xbox, I usually play on wired connection). Simply amazing. I'm very hyped

I believe they announced in the latest kombat kast that the new online is coming out with KP2. Looks like we got the patch a day early : )

JJV Phoenix

I'm not Vak goddamnit
I'm actually not seeing much of a difference. I had only about an average of 1/5 matches in the old netcode be near-unplayable, and this new netcode seems to hover around the consistency of my better matches on the old netcode (granted, that's an average of about 4-6 frames of input delay). I just played a set of matches against a guy who had to be on wifi and it was worse than the normal "bad" match in the old netcode.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I played a 30ish game set with a tremor player that was a godlike connection, best i've ever had in an NRS title

only 1 of the 40 or so games I played was noticeably laggy and that guy had to have had a terrible connection on his end

THTB

I'm actually not seeing much of a difference. I had only about an average of 1/5 matches in the old netcode be near-unplayable, and this new netcode seems to hover around the consistency of my better matches on the old netcode (granted, that's an average of about 4-6 frames of input delay). I just played a set of matches against a guy who had to be on wifi and it was worse than the normal "bad" match in the old netcode.
The online should be feeling like the top of the line connections in old MKX on a constant basis. Even super laggy matches shouldn't have massive delay...just the slowdown and skips that come with rollback.