What's new

General/Other - Cassie Cage MKXL Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Hollywood could've been toned down much more appropriately without burying Spec-ops and Brawler is still going nowhere. That's the problem here, she's just a worse character - all take and no give with her balancing.
It's Raiden all over again. Not like this. To have fun I gotta pick up a DLC character and just go ham for the few months before they patch it. Or if they ever do now. who knows.

I'm actually kinda scared for brawler now. She's been making out with buffs and could potentially be seen as too dangerous and get this treatment too.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Both versions of flip was 6 frames. It was listed as 5 in like Vanilla MKX lol.
thats what i thought... i freind of mine told me he was sure it was 5 and he was wrong... i knew it was 6

honestly it really effects her reversal game, but she has 2 new wakups now... that gawd awful BF4 was getting on my nerves, seriously who gives a wakup move armor on the way up but not on the way down?

glad brawler got these changes.

but how will brawler deal with Zoning?

if you say B12 ima slap you. try to B12 a liu and you will lose half your life. on the other hand, she now has many options for lius close game, his F44 into FBF4 in flame fist into either DB2 or DD1 or BF3 is stuffed by cassies EX BF3, and her command wakeup rapes his oki pressure... it says did you B1, sorry ima reach through that and put you on the other side.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
thats what i thought... i freind of mine told me he was sure it was 5 and he was wrong... i knew it was 6

honestly it really effects her reversal game, but she has 2 new wakups now... that gawd awful BF4 was getting on my nerves, seriously who gives a wakup move armor on the way up but not on the way down?

glad brawler got these changes.

but how will brawler deal with Zoning?

if you say B12 ima slap you. try to B12 a liu and you will lose half your life. on the other hand, she now has many options for lius close game, his F44 into FBF4 in flame fist into either DB2 or DD1 or BF3 is stuffed by cassies EX BF3, and her command wakeup rapes his oki pressure... it says did you B1, sorry ima reach through that and put you on the other side.
Yeah this game doesn't give you many options to "deal" with projectiles. More like some can "deal" (other projectiles or a fast far armor move like say War God kotal.) while others just have to get around them. Weird how somehow zoning still feels underwhelming. I'm hoping brawler EX BF3 can be done at some deceptive ranges to try and bait and punish a projectile. My plan was to learn Spec Ops to help against zoners cause I'd rather have missiles than air guns. But now I'll just stick to a whole character switch.

shura30

Shura
the problem is, people never learned the cassie matchup
she's got exactly what she shouldn't have had, unnecessary nerfs to tools which people never bothered to find solution against

the problem at hand is we don't have any laucher now
and the damage potential is not from people's mistake

but from a fully backdashable b12, b212 and pokes which have never lead to nothing

btw here's the frame data recorded straight from the beta:

ps: I've bodied that raiden right after

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
I've been saying for the longest that while Cassie has every tool to deal with things, they aren't free and that they all have options around them.

Oh well. Her offense hasn't really changed but her defense.....

Womp womp. I'll still ding dong everyone

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
hmm, just been testing Cassie Brawler in BETA with a friend, and it seems you can only punish:

B212-D2+4

right as the OH hits you, like right before...

but it seems the timing is so strict that you have to be crouch blocking all the way up to that point.

honestly its a very small gap.. and if you use it wisely and very sparingly then i think she should be very hard to punish with that move.

seems like Spec opps got the shaft, while im seeing hollywood remaining somewhat ok.

Brawler is so much better :) ima be labbing this character again. i dropped her due to zoning problems with brawler, and now i feel i may have alot of matchups i can deal with.. ofc i wont go against Liu. but i will use against other rushdowns.

honestly 7 frames is not that bad.. i can still punish -8 strings, and i guess ill have to forget about all those awesome punishes in gaps.

but the armored Command and Pounce almost make up for it.

they should really make her Standing Gun Faster on SU in Brawler and ill be happy, or make it a mid that knocks down on hit and ill be very :) or make her F2 1+3 +5 on hit that way she could continue with pressure on moves slower than 9 frames

anyways what does everyone think of the gap in B212 D1+2/D2+4

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
So spec ops has become unquestionably her worst variation.
I wonder if Spec Ops changes haven't been implemented yet. Paulo said there were some things still behind or ahead balance-wise.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Whiffed flipkick actually moves further back now, and it seems EX Missile recovery MIGHT be better

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
http://pastebin.com/VPL4ieY9

I'm sure I speak for all of us with my pastebin.
So from reading these notes, they intentionally adjusted the hitstun animation of nutpunch so that she can't set up that poverty vortex that accumulates <20% at a time?

What LSD addict actually QQ'd about that?

This is all starting to sound like the Sonic Fox factor if you ask me... except unlike Erron, all of the community's quality of life wishlist have come in one shot.

Here's to seeing what changes Jason gets if Sonic places with him at Winter Brawl.

xXxNasHxXx

Mighty Champion of EarthRealm
let's start a damn petition
Petition to save ex flip kick or something else??? Like I said earlier her ex flip kick without armor is just a waste of meter. Sub-Zero and many others characters with good air normals will jump over her all day and she cant do anything If she has no armor on the ex flip kick. Go on I am with you on this.

JJV Phoenix

I'm not Vak goddamnit
Petition to save ex flip kick or something else??? Like I said earlier her ex flip kick without armor is just a waste of meter. Sub-Zero and many others characters with good air normals will jump over her all day and she cant do anything If she has no armor on the ex flip kick. Go on I am with you on this.
The AA properties are 100% my only reason for wanting armor on this ability. I could not give less of a damn about blowing up counter pokes and armoring string gaps for a full combo; I just want to check and punish jump ins from Sub, Kotal, Sonya, Quan, and anyone else with a stupidly good jump in where a S1 won't cut it. That being said, anti airs are supposedly buffed in the beta, so maybe it won't be that big of an issue on that front.