What's new

MKX PDP pad issues

Okay, I don't know if i'm the only one who is having this issue, but currently whenever I press a button it registers it like 3 times in a row. This makes it especially annoying navigating through menus, recording stuff, and it makes it harder to combo breaker on Killer Instinct. Sending messages is a PAIN in the ass, I have to be so fucking gentle everytime I press a letter, if I press it normally I get tthhiiissss.

I know it's a pretty trivial thing to complain about, but I don't see why I'm having this issue. Whenever I'm playing I don't notice my inputs registering twice, so why does this happen in the menus? I've been putting up with it since launch but it's sooo fucking annoying after awhile. I honestly love the feel of the pad and it fits my hands perfectly, but this one minor issue might stop me from using it altogether.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
This is why I didn't pick one up, according to all the reviews I've seen PDP is a shit company that has really bad QC, you MIGHT get lucky and get a controller that lasts but most likely you'll get a piece of crap that breaks after moderate use. Their customer service is apparently nice but you still have to wait to get your controller and stuff.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Happens to me too. Dont think theres a way to fix it its the way the buttons are made

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
I haven't had any issues with mine except the occasional input error..but thats cuz im free in this game

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
I'm probably one of the few users who hasn't had any big issues with the PDP yet.
However, I've heard no other people be positive about it so I've already ordered a Hori pad to take it's place. I've succumbed to the horror stories of others. I don't want to risk it any longer.
On mine, I can say that the paint is coming off the face buttons and the R2 doesn't register once in a great while.

FlappyDaniel

Apparently PDP is just one of those companies that doesn't actually care about the quality of their product at all. Some reviews have people saying this has ALWAYS been the story with their controllers.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Okay, I don't know if i'm the only one who is having this issue, but currently whenever I press a button it registers it like 3 times in a row. This makes it especially annoying navigating through menus, recording stuff, and it makes it harder to combo breaker on Killer Instinct. Sending messages is a PAIN in the ass, I have to be so fucking gentle everytime I press a letter, if I press it normally I get tthhiiissss.

I know it's a pretty trivial thing to complain about, but I don't see why I'm having this issue. Whenever I'm playing I don't notice my inputs registering twice, so why does this happen in the menus? I've been putting up with it since launch but it's sooo fucking annoying after awhile. I honestly love the feel of the pad and it fits my hands perfectly, but this one minor issue might stop me from using it altogether.
I was ranting about this on day 1 from getting my MKX PDP Pad. The X button would either register multiple times or it wouldn't register at all. The customer support is complete trash too. Never gonna get any product from them again and I don't think anyone else should either.

Happens to me too. Dont think theres a way to fix it its the way the buttons are made
fuck
Is it mostly the face buttons? (X/Square, Y/Triangle, A/X, B/Circle, etc.)
Yes, exactly. Haven't had any problems with my RT/LT
I was ranting about this on day 1 from getting my MKX PDP Pad. The X button would either register multiple times or it wouldn't register at all. The customer support is complete trash too. Never gonna get any product from them again and I don't think anyone else should either.
Yeah, I remember commenting on your status about it. I think i'm gonna take mine back to gamestop and see if I can get my money back. Is there any good Xbox 360 to xbox one converters yet?

The face buttons on the PDP pad are actually microswitches rather than an exposed circuit on the board (normally how pads do buttons). The microswitches are obviously the issue. The facebutton microswitches are actually different than what they used on the bumpers--I found this very odd.

Gito666

Ninjas > Special Forces
My room mate got one. And day 2 it fell off of the couch, literally maybe 2 feet onto very padded carpet and the R2 button broke. lol. Pretty sure they made this pad out of dixie cups and bob dole's dick.

....... bob dole.....
Dude, SAME HERE! My first pdp pad came with a faulty X button, which was my bad, i should have tested it at the store... But my second one fell about one foot onto the carpet and the r2 button completely jammed. I love how this pad feels and plays, but if this 3rd one craps out I'm gonna have to look into this Hori pad people have been talking about...

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
I have had the same issue of a button input being registered multipule times in the console menus but not in game with my XB PDP pad. I also had some dropped block inputs and trouble getting EX moves to come out at a tournament that I went to last week with my PS PDP pad.

I am going to Combo Breaker so I need to find a better pad for MKX. I've heard good things about the Hori C4 pad but I'm not sure I want to risk spending another $50 for pad that might have other issues. I also don't know what to do for
KI at tournaments. Does anyone have any suggestions?

FlappyDaniel

I already ordered a FC4, it just looks more solid, and I definitely trust Hori more then PDP. The only issues I've heard with them is the D-pad may come loose because it can be rotated, but this seems to be a relatively rare issue.

I already ordered a FC4, it just looks more solid, and I definitely trust Hori more then PDP. The only issues I've heard with them is the D-pad may come loose because it can be rotated, but this seems to be a relatively rare issue.
The FC4 is a better quality controller for sure. The dpad rotation is so slight, I'm not sure why they even include it--just more that can go wrong. That's exactly what we see with the PDP pad, add a microswitch to a board and it's just another potential failure point.

The face buttons on the PDP pad are actually microswitches rather than an exposed circuit on the board (normally how pads do buttons). The microswitches are obviously the issue. The facebutton microswitches are actually different than what they used on the bumpers--I found this very odd.
They user very cheap microswitches. This was the exact same issue with the last gen fightpads. They will usually last a few weeks before the microswitches falls apart.

I have had the same issue of a button input being registered multipule times in the console menus but not in game with my XB PDP pad. I also had some dropped block inputs and trouble getting EX moves to come out at a tournament that I went to last week with my PS PDP pad.

I am going to Combo Breaker so I need to find a better pad for MKX. I've heard good things about the Hori C4 pad but I'm not sure I want to risk spending another $50 for pad that might have other issues. I also don't know what to do for
KI at tournaments. Does anyone have any suggestions?
That's what I use. The Hori is a pretty good pad. The only problem I know is they use the same dpad technology as the last gen model. The dpad will fall apart because the dpad lock will get loose. I know this is an issue with games like SF or Marvel since there's a lot of DP motion.

Right now, the Hori is our only option (unless you want to play with DS4 or Xbone pad). The new Mad Catz pad will only come out when SF5 gets released (according to Markman).

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I've recently had issue and traded my Pad in. The pad felt really great, but it wasn't durable at all.

Thinking of investing in Hori, but I also heard it has issue with the D-pad getting too loose.

C-Sword

Noob
FC4 pad is better, but having to rotate the d-pad back to center can be annoying. Our last hope is MadCatz, but their pad might not come out before SFV, I did hate the d-pad on those SFIV Pads tho, they should replace it with something more saturn -like. I personally don't have any major issues with the PDP, but I haven't used it all that much.