What's new

MKX Patch Notes for Xbox One

Tim Static

Adminerator
Xbox One players might have noticed that the patch the PSN players got on April 21, was made available as early as yesterday for some Xbox players. Here is a rundown of exactly what was included in this patch, via http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Latest-Updates/4-21-4-29-patch-Patch-Notes-PS4-US-World-XBOX-ONE/ba-p/475485

Xbox One Patch Notes
Gameplay notes

-Ermac (Mystic) - Damage from dropping from Tele-Hang will now properly be combo damage scaled.

-Liu Kang (Dragon’s Fire) – Meter-burning a Double Dragon Kick into a Bicycle Kick is now +2 block advantage to remove a potential block trap.

-Sonya (Covert Ops) – Air Strike can no longer be reversal wakeup punished on hit by some characters.

-Liu Kang – Towards Front Kick & towards Back Kick attacks can no longer be High Parried.

-Movelist Frame Data – Many corrections and now includes frame 0 in the startup frames

General Fixes

-Switches in the Krypt now work as intended.

-Leaderboard now works as intended.

-Koins awarded for actions on mobile game now appear correctly in user’s bank.

-Fixed issue with purchase of easy fatalities.

-Fixed issue where having no accounts signed in, then attempting to sign in as player 2 in two player mode crashes the game.

-Various text fixes.

Attachments

Wow, I was expecting some buffs for Kotal Khan ( Sun God ) especially his normals, I think they should be a bit faster to come out

not sure what to say. still trying to figure out why my ranked win/loss numbers have been reset. also dissapointed by this ermac nerf.

Dark

Noob
Wait does it mean Liu Kang's toward kicks can't be parried by others or that his parry can no longer parry anyone's toward kicks? If it's the second one then...
fuckshitfuckshitfuck

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
-Ermac (Mystic) - Damage from dropping from Tele-Hang will now properly be combo damage scaled.
Whether the original 10% unscaled was intended or not, this was pretty much all Mystic had going for it. Now you have to pick between cashing out a little bit more damage after telehangs or building ~1/3 of a bar of instant air db2s, neither of which is all that strong. Kinda feels like MoS is the only potentially viable option for Ermac mains now.

haketh

Noob
Whether the original 10% unscaled was intended or not, this was pretty much all Mystic had going for it. Now you have to pick between cashing out a little bit more damage after telehangs or building ~1/3 of a bar of instant air db2s, neither of which is all that strong. Kinda feels like MoS is the only potentially viable option for Ermac mains now.
Mystic is still viable even with this nerf. Playing at NWM I never felt like missing the 10% was why I was losing.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
You mean no Kung Jin nerfs??!?! He still has more than one move?! OMG riot!! :D

Nice update.

StevoSuprem0

Mystic is still viable even with this nerf. Playing at NWM I never felt like missing the 10% was why I was losing.
I feel like with his design being really risky in terms of having to commit to cancelling into his launchers off his mixups, it was kinda necessary for him to have a solid reward like this for doing so. I could be wrong, it's just disappointing to see him lose damage when there are several other things that feel more problematic in the games current build. I guess this would suggest that it was completely unintentional for the drop damage to be unscaled.

I feel like with his design being really risky in terms of having to commit to cancelling into his launchers off his mixups, it was kinda necessary for him to have a solid reward like this for doing so. I could be wrong, it's just disappointing to see him lose damage when there are several other things that feel more problematic in the games current build. I guess this would suggest that it was completely unintentional for the drop damage to be unscaled.
just from the way they worded it in the patch notes i think it along with ALL moves in game are supposed to be subject to damage scaling in combo. if one character has a move that doesnt have scaling throughout a combo then each character needs one or it becomes abit like, how come hes got one and i dont

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
As a PC player, every new console patch that comes out compounds my anger.
This.

PC is so far behind on patches, right now im pretty sure that you can still string into command throws on counterhit, which was removed quite early after release. We still have no jason prep, no sub skin, and no patches. arguably not even a viable means of practice at this point since we are playing with old data.

haketh

Noob
just from the way they worded it in the patch notes i think it along with ALL moves in game are supposed to be subject to damage scaling in combo. if one character has a move that doesnt have scaling throughout a combo then each character needs one or it becomes abit like, how come hes got one and i dont
Alright while I'm perfectly fine with the Hang Unscaled being removed this is the worse reason to remove stuff. It's totally fine for characters to have exceptions & others not to.

Reactions: JLG

StevoSuprem0

Ehhh I kinda totally completely disagree lol. There are certainly characters that have access to tools that others don't; that's just the way fighting games are, and what gives them diversity and caters to niches in playstyles. Ermac was certainly by no means overpowered even with that move not scaling at the end of combos. It was just an interesting mechanic that he had in that variation and kinda made sense in some ways, but I guess that's not how they intended it to be. Not complaining, just debating.

Alright while I'm perfectly fine with the Hang Unscaled being removed this is the worse reason to remove stuff. It's totally fine for characters to have exceptions & others not to.
even with regards to moves that dont scale in combo? when i thought its pretty much standard in mk that any hit that is in a combo gets a damage decrease modifier as it goes on. i think any exception, to a rule all characters have is not at all balanced. having acess to different tools is one thing, having an excpetion to combo scaling imo is clearly not. is there any other moves that are not affected mid combo by scaling such as that ermac drop?

on top of that although lift doesnt do any damage of its own unless left to drop, and the fact it is a highly risky move on block etc, it is one hell of a move to allow for setups into so many strings of ermacs. not many characters have a move that renders you in such an easy state to beat down on. i digress and also i am not the most competitive player. but if ermac hits you with that lift your gonna eat fist unless you want to lose 2 bars of meter

Slymind

Noob
Hmm, this mostly was a hotfix patch, i wonder if there will be a balancing patch with Jason's release(not asking, just wondering).