What's new

MKX Patch Notes 5/14/15

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
@Tim Static The patch size isn't really 3.957GB. It's more like 1.9GB. The 3.957GB file is the size of the patch file that gets updated with every patch. If you look at the download, it starts out at like 2.058GB/3.957GB. Not that it really matters, just figured I'd point it out.
Unfortunately, that isn't the case for me. My console downloads the WHOLE file as if I never downloaded the last patch(Which I did). My files don't start 75% already completed, they start from the very beginning. Is there some way to get around this or something? It's annoying how I have to spend all these extra hours downloading EVERYTHING when I only needed to download a small part of the file.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I am impressed. For once, NRS doesn't release a one month patch that overhauls the entire game. While I do think a few lower tier characters are really in need of some tweaks, I applaud them this time around for seeming to let the game breathe for once. See how things turn out. See what players find.

I'd rather be very patient than over-reactive.

The Magician

According to my sources...
I wonder why THE FUCK is it taking so long? Like who's responsible for this and why can't that person pull his or her thumb out his or her ass and release the patch already?
Hey, PS4 had to wait so long for Jason compared to XB1 that got him at midnight.

I wonder why THE FUCK is it taking so long? Like who's responsible for this and why can't that person pull his or her thumb out his or her ass and release the patch already?
If you go onto Xbox.com/status you can have an alert sent to you once their issues are fixed if you want to know when you can possibly get the download going. Xbone is having some kinda issues right now that they've been trying to fix for over 3 hours now, I have no idea what happened.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
If he backdashes cant kung lao throw out a dive kick?, or will that get blocked/wiff?
Yeah, Laos divekick has always been a punish for unsafe clone cancels, its just hard to do so I never bother.
Its also been an option to just divekick over the clone and the SZ player as well in general, divekick will punish the backdash.

Jb879212

40 Percent Punish
Why was Sub Zero nerfed so fucking hard while Erron Black is untouched? and every scorpion player continues their autistic
(ง ◉◡◔)ง "ARISE" (ง ◉◡◔)ง combos?

This is why people fucking hate NRS games, they nerf for no FUCKING REASON, its not like Sub Zero's were prevalent in ANY top 8's in tournaments.

YOU GUYS WANT TO KNOW WHY VALVE IS A SUPERIOR FUCKING COMPANY? ITS BECAUSE THEY BALANCE DOTA 2 AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF PLAY, THEY DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT PUB MATCHES THATS WHY THE GAME IS FUCKING BALANCED.

Also an open FUCK YOU to @SonicFox5000

Seriously its just like the unnecessary MK9 Sub zero nerf and the Injustice Grundy nerfs.

Fuck you guys fuck you
SO. MUCH. SALT.

Crimson wanted people to interpret this as not being a patch and for haters not to use this as an excuse to hate on NRS games. My point was that haters would hate regardless. They would say ok its not a patch, its just NRS inability to develop and deliver a good game on time. They would put a negative spin on anything, so its pointless to worry about this stuff and we should just continue having fun playing the game.
Gotcha, I misread you. It sounded more like you were advocating a "let it rock" approach with what they shipped. My bad.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
If your characters get changed to the point where you will lose your shit, just learn another character. This roster is diverse and quite large. Loving the patch notes, yet to DL it. Screw character changes, being able to skip laggy assholes in ranked and pings showing more accurately alone makes me want to cry tears of happiness.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Boo hoo, God Forbid you have to actually consider playing other variations for Sub Zero and actually think and take RISKS playing the character instead of yolo clone against 3/4 of the cast.

Havsum.

Hello Xbox one player here, i don't want to get you off with your gm sub-zero topic, but are there any JC players here with the patch?, which strings and attacks were fixed? do they finally hit mid now? Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

Why was Sub Zero nerfed so fucking hard while Erron Black is untouched? and every scorpion player continues their autistic
(ง ◉◡◔)ง "ARISE" (ง ◉◡◔)ง combos?

This is why people fucking hate NRS games, they nerf for no FUCKING REASON, its not like Sub Zero's were prevalent in ANY top 8's in tournaments.

YOU GUYS WANT TO KNOW WHY VALVE IS A SUPERIOR FUCKING COMPANY? ITS BECAUSE THEY BALANCE DOTA 2 AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF PLAY, THEY DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT PUB MATCHES THATS WHY THE GAME IS FUCKING BALANCED.

Also an open FUCK YOU to @SonicFox5000

Seriously its just like the unnecessary MK9 Sub zero nerf and the Injustice Grundy nerfs.

Fuck you guys fuck you

The irony of this argument is you complaining about scorpion "combos" in inferno. Also hellfire scorp is the real killer.

Lokheit

Noob
You wanted Kenshi nerfed? Really?
Lol I had the GM nerf in mind and used that word instead of a buff. If you read the rest of the post you can read that I WANT DB1 to be better (I even say he can't compete with the grown ups) so that's a typo, my mistake sorry for the confusion, editing that word now.

I'm mostly pissed about the neutral jumps and sub zero.. The rest of the patch looks fine. Well kinda upset about raiden being nerfed by 10% on combos since i just started playing him but i guess it's fair