What's new

MKX Patch Notes 5/14/15

This was my point. Calling it a repair patch or a balance patch is just semantics, cause in the end it changes the game that we were used to playing. From either perspective, it will have a negative connotation if you wanted perfection on the first try. So just play the game.
Where's the negative connotation? High voltage and the PC debacle notwithstanding, NRS succeed in having a stable build that was reasonably well balanced out on the intended release date. Now they're working out the kinks that 99% of their playerbase don't even appreciate. I fail to see the issue.

Zebster

How's my volume?
Just noticed in the Kollection, if you go to Johnny Cage in the character viewer you can see he has a soccer uniform, wearing green and yellow. The Brazil pack confirmed?

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
Sub-Zero Grandmaster nerfed? Excellent. Fuck all that hide behind clone/throw clone repeat garbage.

Kung Jin damage nerfs? Good. He still has amazing range on his moves so he'll still be fine.

No Scorpion nerfs? Fuck. Still gets to derp it out with teleports and Inferno.

No D'Vorah nerfs? Indirect Venomous buffs? No increased startup on F2 and no damage scaling on F44!? YESSSSSHHHHH!!
Kung Jin ate a lot of hidden frame nerfs too. His 50/50 is no longer safe against a lot of the cast because they made the overhead unsafe.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Where's the negative connotation? High voltage and the PC debacle notwithstanding, NRS succeed in having a stable build that was reasonably well balanced out on the intended release date. Now they're working out the kinks that 99% of their playerbase don't even appreciate. I fail to see the issue.
Crimson wanted people to interpret this as not being a patch and for haters not to use this as an excuse to hate on NRS games. My point was that haters would hate regardless. They would say ok its not a patch, its just NRS inability to develop and deliver a good game on time. They would put a negative spin on anything, so its pointless to worry about this stuff and we should just continue having fun playing the game.

Sublime

Stop blocking my hits with your face!
Gotta love new move for Quan "Portal Scoop" better than perivous target combo one :)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Crimson wanted people to interpret this as not being a patch and for haters not to use this as an excuse to hate on NRS games.
No, it's still a patch. It's just not the comprehensive balance patch people would make it out to be. There's usually a narrative that every bugfix is a complete rebalancing of the game which makes all previous knowledge moot, and it's untrue.

People can draw their own conclusions about the necessity to make fixes, but they should at least be accurate about what the patch really is.

However, since maining SZ GM since day 1, I'am kinda disappointed by the recent nerf to the ice clone, yet it's just the case of experimenting with other ideas now and wait for new to tech to be discovered but tbh it's not going affect the character a lot from what I see.

But casting my mind back to Deception, MKA and MK Vs DC, since those titles were broken beyond belief and back then, there was no such thing of patch fixes because it was WYSIWYG and having to put up with people doing infinites and other myriad amounts bullshit stuff on you that needed fixing.

So with that thought, I'm happy to welcome changes to MKX, as long as the game is fairly balanced.

The Sub Zero thingy kinda sounds like this but i guess someone with the patched game can just try it out.
I wish that's what it was but nope, if u have a clone out and ur opponent hits u and u block their attack the clone goes away, its pretty much terrible now

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
So next time someone has an infinite and they patch it out are you going to cry that they nerfed them or just realize that it was something they didnt intend to be in the game so they fixed it?
many things in insjtucoie mk9 have been auto correction or years. jason is already a bad character why would u take away something that he has to make him even worse. auto correct isnt a bug