What's new

MKX is really in a good place right now

Seems that everyone is so caught up in the netcode being bad and how much they disagree with the play style of MKX in general that they're completely ignoring everything that's going good.

Tournaments seem to be getting consistent entry numbers, MKX streamers are keeping around 250 - 500 viewers everyday, high level players are consistently winning/placing in a game that most people thought was random in the beginning, there's viability across the whole roster, the next ESL season is on the way and we have another 4 more characters coming, which means more support. This site can be depressing with all the whining and complaining (that is at times justified), but things really aren't that bad after all.

Seems that everyone is so caught up in the netcode being bad and how much they disagree with the play style of MKX in general that they're completely ignoring everything that's going good.

Tournaments seem to be getting consistent entry numbers, MKX streamers are keeping around 250 - 500 viewers everyday, high level players are consistently winning/placing in a game that most people thought was random in the beginning, there's viability across the whole roster, the next ESL season is on the way and we have another 4 more characters coming, which means more support. This site can be depressing with all the whining and complaining (that is at times justified), but things really aren't that bad after all.
Yeah it is. People on this site complain about mkx not having what they want in it. Ok so devote your time to another game that does.Theres nothing wrong fundamentally with this game that was not intended and eveything works within its system. Now wether you like that system is a different matter all together. I dont like street fighter(but im great at it) thats why i dont play it but i dont shite on it either because the system they use works. It is a great system for street fighter I just dont like the system but thats niether here nor there because there nothing wrong with it and what its doing.

Tldr why waste your time on something you dont like if it is not broke but you just dont like it

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Yeah, MKX is in a good place as the only relevant fighting game available readily to the US market. In like six months when we start getting smashed with other titles, if anyone still gives a shit, MKX will be in a good place.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main

Tournaments seem to be getting consistent entry numbers, MKX streamers are keeping around 250 - 500 viewers everyday, high level players are consistently winning/placing in a game that most people thought was random in the beginning, there's viability across the whole roster

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
In a good place as in :

- netcode is terrible and no one in NRS gives a fuck ?
- it's almost the only fighting game available on PS4/One ? (GG Xrd and KI aren't really mainstream) ?
- balance is all over the place (and sorry, the whole cast is not "viable") ?

But it's great to have MKX be getting consistent entry numbers in tourneys.

Too bad, most people that bought MKX can't attend tourneys or actually play against anyone (most bought the game to play online).

Let's discuss if MKX is in a good place once competition gets here in 2016 (SFV etc).
Let's hope NRS understands how important a good netcode is, when they decide to launch IGAU2, too.

But it's good to have a lil positivity ... Just don't forget to have high standards when you buy a fighting game in 2015 ... NRS actually counts on you to forget !

Last edited:

DavS13

Noob
In a good place as in :

- it's almost the only fighting game available ? (GG Xrd and KI aren't really mainstream) ?

Too bad, most people that bought MKX can't attend tourneys or actually play against anyone (most bought the game to play online).

Let's discuss if MKX is in a good place once competition gets here in 2016 (SFV etc).
Let's hope NRS understands how important a good netcode is, when they decide to launch IGAU2, too.

But it's good to have a lil positivity ... Just don't forget to have high standards when you buy a fighting game in 2015 ... NRS actually counts on you to forget !
Seem mad

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
In a good place as in :

- it's almost the only fighting game available ? (GG Xrd and KI aren't really mainstream) ?

And there she is........ Negative Nancy!!!!

Isn't she beautiful?

Wait till you see her oh so pretty sisters who will follow in this thread to hold Nancy's hand.

And there she is........ Negative Nancy!!!!

Isn't she beautiful?

Wait till you see her oh so pretty sisters who will follow in this thread to hold Nancy's hand.
I'm not sure what else you expect. Someone like me has absolutely no local scene, and no buddies who play MKX (they play SF.)

Should I be happy that I can't play the fighter I bought online, unlike pretty much every other fighter I've played on steam? (KOF, Skullgirls, SF4, heck even 3s is way better.)

I guess I should just be thankful that even though I can't enjoy or actually play the game myself, at least someone can? "Oh man, I might not be able to play the game or enjoy it at all, but thanks NRS. MKX is great, I'm enjoying not playing a lot, thanks." Is that what you want, instead?

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I'm not sure what else you expect. Someone like me has absolutely no local scene, and no buddies who play MKX (they play SF.)

Should I be happy that I can't play the fighter I bought online, unlike pretty much every other fighter I've played on steam? (KOF, Skullgirls, SF4, heck even 3s is way better.)

I guess I should just be thankful that even though I can't enjoy or actually play the game myself, at least someone can? "Oh man, I might not be able to play the game or enjoy it at all, but thanks NRS. MKX is great, I'm enjoying not playing a lot, thanks." Is that what you want, instead?
Well in fairness OP wasn't speaking about Netcode

Relax yo self it was a joke, don't be such an Angry Bruiser

this type of competitive games should be in balancing phase for years to reach a good place unfortunately some developers will move on after a year

Well in fairness OP wasn't speaking about Netcode

Relax yo self it was a joke, don't be such an Angry Bruiser
Eh.. The first line of OP's post specifically talks about netcode, hence why I jumped on this.
Seems that everyone is so caught up in the netcode being bad and [...]
So I just felt obliged to interject. I honestly don't think there's any amount of uproar or discontent that can be too much in regards to that one, particular aspect.

It's too critical in this day and age (just look at Capcom doing months of betas to fine-tune their netcode so it can compare to KIs.)

Eh.. The first line of OP's post specifically talks about netcode, hence why I jumped on this.

So I just felt obliged to interject. I honestly don't think there's any amount of uproar or discontent that can be too much in regards to that one, particular aspect.

It's too critical in this day and age (just look at Capcom doing months of betas to fine-tune their netcode so it can compare to KIs.)
This thread wasn't meant to suggest people take a blind eye to the fuckery that has occurred. Just a reminder to appreciate what is going right for it, that's all.

And just so no one thinks I'm some naive fan boy, I "play" this game on PC. Need I say more?