What's new

MKX "I'm the thrower of out throw" throws!

Has anyone noticed that you always seem able to tech throw? (Unlike injustice or street fighter) Just like the tekken games.

@9:30 in this video, you see scorpion get thrown during the animation of his attack before it became active, however he was able to tech it, so it seems that MKX doesnt allow you to punish with throws and always gives the throwEE the opportunity to tech.

Just a small piece of MKX that I don't think anyone else has shed light on yet.

Last edited:

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Yea, this was an MK9 thing too.

No more throw punishes...

Also, now that you can throw in combos, I wonder are those tech-able? Or even the throw resets? :O

trufenix

bye felicia
Yea, this was an MK9 thing too.

No more throw punishes...

Also, now that you can throw in combos, I wonder are those tech-able? Or even the throw resets? :O
Yeah, you can tech both the regular and mb throws anytime you're not holding block (juggle, punish, raw, etc). No word on command throws yet though, but I doubt it.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Has anyone noticed that you always seem able to tech throw? (Unlike injustice or street fighter) Just like the tekken games.

@9:30 in this video, you see scorpion get thrown during the animation of his attack before it became active, however he was able to tech it, so it seems that MKX doesnt allow you to punish with throws and always gives the throwEE the opportunity to tech.

Just a small piece of MKX that I don't think anyone else has shed light on yet.
You still need to know which way to tech the throw though, which is part of the reason throws were so effective in MK9.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Are you referring to the person teching the throws having to use different inputs between normal and back throws? I honestly wasn't aware of that.
For those of us that didnt play MK9, what is the MK9 throw tech mechanic?
Yes. Your tech has to match the direction you were thrown in. In MK9 that meant you were pressing a different set of buttons to tech (front punch or kick vs. back punch/kick).

Not sure what the tech inputs are for MKX, but the concept is similar.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
Eh as long as it requires some effort from them...well at least when it comes to neutral throws. I'll be very dissapointed if you can tech command throws, if you can it better cost meter just like it would escaping a juggle.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Yes. Your tech has to match the direction you were thrown in. In MK9 that meant you were pressing a different set of buttons to tech (front punch or kick vs. back punch/kick).

Not sure what the tech inputs are for MKX, but the concept is similar.
Ah interesting. So in addition to reacting you also need to make a 50/50 guess on the direction of the throw? Or is the direction seeable/reactable?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Ah interesting. So in addition to reacting you also need to make a 50/50 guess on the direction of the throw?
Yeap. In MK9 it was partly situational; like if you knew that MU-wise your opponent's best advantage was to corner you rather than to grab the small amount of damage, you'd figure they'd throw you towards the corner. But obviously that can change situationally, so it was still a guess.

Not sure if anything's changed visually in MKX; but if it's like MK9, you'll have to make a read.

Last edited: