What's new

MKX Ghost Glitch from the latest patch

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
One of the players here in the Philippines (Dani Cruz) discovered this 'ghost glitch' happening after a throw. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

"Tested it with all characters except Goro. Only Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Jax, Ermac, Reptile, Mileena, Jacqui, Ferra/Torr, Takeda, Kung Jin and Kenshi are those with throws that cannot be passed through."

@STORMS
@Pig Of The Hut
@Tom Brady
@FOREVER KING
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@tylerlansdown

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Question, are they invincible to attacks while walking through, or can they be hit out of their ghost walk attempt? I wonder if their hit/hurt boxes are disappearing for a couple of seconds.

Let me rephrase, can you hit the thrower while they have become susceptible to being walked through. And vice versa, can the the thrower attack the person attempting to walk through?

Jakealo

Noob
Also after the new patch, every time someone quits on me(i know they quit because i heard them over kinect saying they were leaving) my game crashes. I'm re installing the game but it's going to take some time. On Xbox btw
Wondering if anyone else has had this issue yet.

insignis

Noob
Yes you are. Any piece of complex software like a fighting game has bugs. There will always be bugs and it is impossible to find them all. This is why the iPhone keeps getting jailbreaks after being patched repeatedly.
In case with dash ok. But how was it possible to miss meter gain bugs? I can't believe that competent tester may not include meter gain testing in test case.

Am I wrong saying NRS should fire their current QA and hire a new team?
I certainly don't think so. This game has more problems on release than any other game I've ever seen including SFxT.

All of these things were found in the first month. Maybe it's a good idea to do a beta test? my god... Like, what the fuck did they test? All of these things should have been hashed out before they released an unfinished game

Normals that randomly wiff on hit
Specials that for some reason are punishable or just wiff on hit
Normals that are single hit that randomly will ignore armor properties
Ability to just walk through Ice clones
Kenshi being able to get people stuck in the air
Ermac's ability to gain a full meter bar by comboing you
buffering ice clone inputs while you're jumping to gain meter like you just put one out (which is still in the game)
Kung Lao gaining a meter bar by doing wakeup moves
Ermac draining your meter bar
Multiple infinites
People sliding all the way across the damn stage because they used an interactable
Interactables completely ignoring blockstun
a laundry list of attacks that don't even have the frame advantage they intended
chip on block normals with tick throws and throw teching that's a guess - not a bug, but NO ONE thinks this is a good idea
Largest tier gap ever.. like, ever.
Ambiguously overhead and low "same time" hits that loop you back into the same situation (aka vortexes)
Ability to walk right through your opponent after a throw
setups that cuase the game to crash (lol rolento)
broken damage scaling
Option selects that change the properties of punishable moves and make them safe
Horseshit unplayable netcode
Busted KOTH mode
Projectiles that just go right through opponents

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
3Spooky5me
I'm sure NRS probably knows about this and other glitches, like Paulo said in a recent thread, a lot of this stuff will be fixed in the next major patch.

How long did it take over a million players to find them?
A month to find all of the known ones.. It's kind of ridiculous to suggest that kids that bought the game to play it should be subject to the same discovery timeline of people that were paid to specifically look for these things and test them. Playing isnt testing. Thats part of the problem. NRS thinks "good player" is synonymous with "good tester."

One month in... and im already hoping they learned that for next time.