What's new

MKX Enhanced Online BETA General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNS

Oops, I YOLO'd
Anyone still looking for an Xbox One beta code? My friend got his PS4 code so I have no need for it anymore.

First to PM gets the code.

KingJerm731

Psn: kingjermx
A lot of people got codes yesterday. It seems like they are testing to see what happens when they get a ton of server traffic at this point.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Played the beta for about 2 hours and all I can say is..it feels different. Standing 1's can anti air, you can play patiently(turtle) and win, you can actually PUNISH players now. WHOO! Pokes actually means something! I have to totally retrain myself cause I'm getting beat by stuff i use to get away with. I'm have a blast right now.

No more wild Kano balling. Im getting punish on that. LOL!
soon you should party up, and play some beta with me... maybe we can get some of these beta characters down ;)

E

Eldriken

I can't get more than one or two games without being disconnected right now.
At first I thought it was possibly due to a change on NRS' end with the beta, but apparently PSN as a whole is having a lot of effin' issues.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
At first I thought it was possibly due to a change on NRS' end with the beta, but apparently PSN as a whole is having a lot of effin' issues.
Now it started working better. Some people I can play fine and others who I already played a few times before it won't play now lol.

I'm on the Xbox one and I been doing testing with and without wired connection and for a span of 10 matches per player 15 percent better matches with less lag come from wired today maybe just my situation idk I havnt had a problem as of yet of single disconnect

kevkopdx

Noob
Hey! a fair question. Did they fix the active frames on Scorpion's jump kick? is it still active for that long? or is it fixed to a normal state like all other characters?
to me it feels the same but who knows, i just started playing the beta today... its great when u have a good connection and far worse when you dont

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I'm down!
u have your main on thier right?

cuz i don't im actually considering dropping all mine and just picking up Smoke and Cyrax, and Alien with Mileena and Raiden as Backups

my current ok characters on Beta:

Mileena (mediocre at best)
Raiden (mediocre at best) maybe a scrub

Cassie (complete scrub)
Takeda (complete Scrub)
Kano (Scrublord)

thats basically my effectiveness with those characters on beta.

havent got to practice much with those champs...

Raiden is one of my all time faves from MK1, MK2, MK3, and UMK3.

but this version of raiden is just so different from my normal raiden gameplay.

his tele isnt universal, and displacer even sucks on BETA, not saying others can't rock it with him. i just won't be.. i wan't what pothers can call broken.... other characters have looping pressure IE cancels, and id like to have Safe staticks with MOS, and Plus on recovery
Tele for Displacer.. that way those two variations can put out some of the pressure the other characters do already.

but maybe i just suck with him.. but honestly its fair for him to get these changes.

not like it could out pressure a Liu, D'vorah, Johnny Cage, HQT, Quan Chi, Tanya, or Sonya.

all i want with him is string into another string, not 2 to three cancels. what im asking for is at least 1 extra string after no meter.

Last edited:

Goatness

Noob
Nothing but 100% satisfied with this beta. So many matches feel like offline play. Footsies, neutral and punishing are actually relevant now! Can't wait till this drops for everyone.

Sorry PC brethren!

This beta is diggity dope! but i literally have no mains to play with. I'm mediocre with Takeda, but other than that, I really dont have any other options for character selection unless I start logging in more hours in the training room. Does anyone here think they will add more characters before KP2 release in march? and I'm a little late to this thread, but has it been announced that the GGPO netcode will be a part of the KP2 update in march?

kevkopdx

Noob
This beta is diggity dope! but i literally have no mains to play with. I'm mediocre with Takeda, but other than that, I really dont have any other options for character selection unless I start logging in more hours in the training room. Does anyone here think they will add more characters before KP2 release in march? and I'm a little late to this thread, but has it been announced that the GGPO netcode will be a part of the KP2 update in march?
thats my problem too, i picked up bojitsu ... but im getting worked... just played wound cowboy ugh lol

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Long sets get pretty disheartening when you lose, like, 90% of them, heh. I remember playing JagoBlake (at least, I'm sure it was him) when the beta first dropped and I think I only managed to win one ROUND against him, if even that. Ninjitsu's srs bsns.

Status
Not open for further replies.