What's new

MKX Enhanced Online BETA General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Stil no code :(
Now tell me,when EU will receive the codes?
cooooodeee
Codeless here, too... :(
Somebody give me an hug.

Is, the new online, still region locked?

you guys need to Scan NRS Twitter all day untill they drop some more... they usually give 15 min notification that they are dropping about 3-5 codes for each system then they drop 3 or 5 more 5 min later.

if you guys watch nrs twitter all day every day, u could C/P the code and enter it in XBox app on your computer, which would be faster than anyone could do on thier system manually.

MadeOfMetal

Jesus-tittyfucking-Christ I thought that buff was exclusive to commando, but it's universal to all command grabs?

Man, I was creaming my jeans over Kotal's last batch of buffs but I never expected this...

This is good news for Goro and Jason as well I guess.

It also looks cool as fuck.
Commando has an awesome command grab now, he can Command Grab D4's now, i checked Cassies Metered DBF2 and even that dont command grab D4's.

its looking like Kano Commando is looking pretty strong with that B1 tick throw and the damage on Commands. 17-20% pretty beast

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Has NRS given any indication as to when they expect the new netcode to be fully implemented in the game?

Also, is the new netcode only expected to be part of Mortal Kombat XL, or will it be made available to those who already own the game?
I am was wondering that and also the following:
1) when the beta online goes live with the real game will stats from the orignal net code be reseted (like mk9 was when ps3 went from gamespy to the new servers)i mean wins/lost and rank?

2) when the beta is merged with the retail game will we get the same ggpo / roll back netplay for all online modes like KOH?
3) will we be able to test koh in the current beta?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
And people still got hit by 30 frame F3's at the highest level of play in Injustice, so I don't see why you assume everyone will easily block F2, B3, and occasional TDs in a real match setting.

People get hit by things they can supposedly fuzzy consistently all the time at all levels, from locals to tournament majors. Not just Injustice F3's. Same can be said for Johnny's 11(3)/F2. Or Kung Jin's B1/F2. Or Predator's B3/32. Or Tanya's B3/B1 Or Takeda's movelist, or etc. None of this stuff gets blocked as easily people claim, and the best players on earth get hit. Not because it's so unblockable, but because the pace of actual matches combined with a full arsenal of character tools combined with mind games of great players makes different reactions than 10/10 in the practice room. People from Joe Casual to YOMI will get hit by F2 and 50/50's. Maybe not "every single time", no one does, but often enough for it to make a difference in MUs which is the whole point.

This is on top of the fact that the move has amazing priority, great range, AA's, armor breaks, oki mixups, full combos, restands, mostly safe, and is special cancelable lol. Either I'm overstating the moves current position or your downplaying it. And I don't think its me lol.
I just want to take a moment to acknowledge that this, in my Boxy opinion, is one of the most well rounded/well put/dead the fuck on thing I've read on these forums since forever. Since vVv was still around/behind one of the historic MK variatable FIFA World Cup Group Of Death level teams of CD Jr and Reo. Since before Kabal was scary.

This is how you say important shit.
Let's be friends.

I'm also completely neutral when it comes to Scorpion being buffed, other than that I'll definitely be dusting off my Ninjutsu if it sticks just to see if it clicks better. To me, Scorpion deserves to be top 5 material for the same reason no one gave that much shit outside of the perspective of salt that Superman was as fucking full of tricks as he was: because he's fucking Superman, and if ANYONE is going to be a top character, the poster child of the brand oughta be one of them. As long as it's done intelligently, give Scorpion the throne, man. Beats the shit out of Quan Chi.
And I fucking LOVE Quan Chi, but man do I hate how he can't so much as exist without just coming off as the biggest douche in all the realms to me in this go around. Quan Chi is fucking EVIL. He is as brilliant a tactical sociopathic conqueror as any other out there by virtue of lore alone, yet I think it can be debated that NOBODY whose held a truly relevant spot in the top realm of Characters Most Players Genuinely Give A Shit about got made to look like as a big a total Kyle's Mom Tier bitch like Quan Chi did.

MadeOfMetal

And people still got hit by 30 frame F3's at the highest level of play in Injustice, so I don't see why you assume everyone will easily block F2, B3, and occasional TDs in a real match setting.

People get hit by things they can supposedly fuzzy consistently all the time at all levels, from locals to tournament majors. Not just Injustice F3's. Same can be said for Johnny's 11(3)/F2. Or Kung Jin's B1/F2. Or Predator's B3/32. Or Tanya's B3/B1 Or Takeda's movelist, or etc. None of this stuff gets blocked as easily people claim, and the best players on earth get hit. Not because it's so unblockable, but because the pace of actual matches combined with a full arsenal of character tools combined with mind games of great players makes different reactions than 10/10 in the practice room. People from Joe Casual to YOMI will get hit by F2 and 50/50's. Maybe not "every single time", no one does, but often enough for it to make a difference in MUs which is the whole point.

This is on top of the fact that the move has amazing priority, great range, AA's, armor breaks, oki mixups, full combos, restands, mostly safe, and is special cancelable lol. Either I'm overstating the moves current position or your downplaying it. And I don't think its me lol.
well said, even though we are not going to react to that random: 15frame unreactible move.

doesnt mean that you can always react to that random 33frame move... i mean also look at Mileenas F3: its 33frames on startup and millions get hit by it every day, its even her main source of high damage.

best post i have seen in a long while ;)

some people will eat my lows all day, after i have conditioned the fuck out of them with a barage of lows into combo... and block my F3 hgih damage 52% starter 9/10 times.

but lets make it clear, its that one time that makes it possible. if you mixup your game enough and quit clutching to tendencies you will get some of those hard to use moves off.

E

Eldriken

I am was wondering that and also the following:
1) when the beta online goes live with the real game will stats from the orignal net code be reseted (like mk9 was when ps3 went from gamespy to the new servers)i mean wins/lost and rank?

2) when the beta is merged with the retail game will we get the same ggpo / roll back netplay for all online modes like KOH?
3) will we be able to test koh in the current beta?
I don't see why the stats would reset. Those are all server side. Then again, they might. We'll have to see.

I don't think anything is getting merged. They're just updating the game for everyone via a patch. The netcode would have to be universal for all game modes since it's likely replacing the game's current netcode's coding.

Considering we have until March 1st before any of this goes live to everyone, they just might keep the beta running until like a week before then to get as much testing done as possible and that could possibly lead to them adding KotH to the beta so we can see how it performs with the new netcode.

MadeOfMetal

anybody else feel like negative edge is on even if you have it off?
omg im so glad someone else has said it.....

i have been having hella problems on inputs in beta, and i believed it was the Negative edge as well...

don't know if this is it, but i can input cassies 212~DBF2 and the Flip kick will come out after the 21! -_-

same thing with radien's F12B2~DF4 will come out as F12B2~DF2/DB2 or even F12DB2...

this happens with most charcters for me... on the beta..

but when i go in MKX practice and duplicate the same thing, with Easyinput off and Negative release off
everything comes out normal-_- its so madening

......................................................................................

on another note, anyone on XBOX One down for some labbing with me on beta, i kinda want to test MOS Radien and Displacer..

They really need to add a Lab to beta, and start rolling out thier patches on it that way, so they can test patches before they go live.. maybe they make mistakes and have 0.8% adjustment to make, either way, it would be worlds better to have it on thier then in our live environment.

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
I was pretty upset when Predator didn't mimic the opponent in his intros. Or when there was literally no reference to past Friday the 13th films in Jasons. I don't think LF and Alien will get anything better sadly.
An NRS employee told me at Evo that they weren't allowed to reference anything to past Friday the 13th movies besides the remake, since all those past movies are owned by Paramount.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
After 4 flawless days today I'm not satisfied with the beta...
Most of the games were close to lagless, but I had heavy spikes of lag against xenomorph and against a friend of mine who lives here in Europe.
I played @YOMI RM JagoBlake too, all looked fine and super smooth but in the middle of our second match the Beta crashed without a reason :/

Is someone else experiencing similar problems?

E

Eldriken

There's a screenshot floating around somewhere in one of these topics about the beta of Paulo saying that some of the changes are staying while others MAY not be. I guess we'll have to wait and see. It would be nice if the beta ends within the next 2-3 weeks that we can patch notes for KP2 to get us hyped. Patch notes a week before KP2 goes live would be great.

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
Man, I can't help but notice people post things about being unsatisfied with the BETA. This is going to happen. We're testing this for a reason. It will all be fixed eventually hence forth it being a BETA. Matches have still been super solid on my part. There have been SMALL things that happen but i excuse them because I know i'm playing on an unfinished product.

MadeOfMetal

Nah if you do a speed test you can check your Up, Down, and Ping. So say if my Ping is 15 and yours is 25, our combined Ping will be 40 and it will play godlike. But if I have a Ping of 15 and yours is 135, then it will show a combined 150 and most likely play at a far far less quality.
but but, a ping test to the closest server has nothing to do with what you ping is from LA to NY or LA to SL.

that persons ping may be 200 when he is connected with you but 40 when he is connected to someone else at a location that has fewer hops.

honestly there is no way to test the connection(to everybody) by ping, unless everyone made hella long trace route data sheets.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
but but, a ping test to the closest server has nothing to do with what you ping is from LA to NY or LA to SL.

that persons ping may be 200 when he is connected with you but 40 when he is connected to someone else at a location that has fewer hops.

honestly there is no way to test the connection(to everybody) by ping, unless everyone made hella long trace route data sheets.
So I've been told multiple times lol.

MadeOfMetal

But my ping is usually the same when I play people. Or around the "range" of 15-25. It doesn't go up to 100 because I'm playing a different person.
its impossible for your ping to be the same from your router to a local station, as supposed to the other side of the us.

you can confirm this by going to Speedtest.net and running a ping test which will choose the nearest location, and then after that resulkt choose different location and find the farthest location to test ping. then you will see your different results..

15ms might even turn into 300ms

Status
Not open for further replies.