What's new

MKX Enhanced Online BETA General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
So apparently they did something to Cage's MB NutPunch. The second hit (the uppercut) whiffs on certain opponents if they block the first hit while crouching and release block afterwards.

Not sure if it's a bug or if the second hit is a high now. Of course this needs more testing, but some friends of mine reported that this happens on Sub-Zero as well.

This could be big.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Are you guys referring to the Takeda Overhead whip into low projectile Spam? I was hit with that in beta yesterday over and over. I couldn't really get out of it consistently with Lui kang. Once I did get out he had a large life lead...and was a struggle to keep out of it again.
spam? lol .... its hard to get out of but not impossible. .. Kang is like takedas worst match up, esp DF . everytime he would let you get in ,it would be a nightmare for takeda . so he pretty much has to shut down all your pressure options and Ex kunai set ups can be that gameplan if youre having a hard time defending against them.

i mean same concept goes for Kangs pressure on takeda, . once kang gets in takedas face, its really hard for takeda , esp in SR to muster up a solid defense as sometimes trading is his only/ or best option. if a kang players notices that the takeda player has nothing at all to deal with the pressure, ( tool or match up knowledge wise) then theres really no reason not to continue to do it.. yeah it sucks, but i wouldnt call it spam.. just gotta play what you can .

id hit up @cR Xarakamaka or @SylverRye or any of the other more active kang members for a better run down plan on defending against takeda set ups. as im usually on the other end of this match up , lol

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
So apparently they did something to Cage's MB NutPunch. The second hit (the uppercut) whiffs on certain opponents if they block the first hit while crouching and release block afterwards.

Not sure if it's a bug or if the second hit is a high now. Of course this needs more testing, but some friends of mine reported that this happens on Sub-Zero as well.

This could be big.
This looks like a bug

E

Eldriken

It looks like a bug, but the second hit of MB Nut Punch also looks like it should be a high anyway. I guess we'll see what comes of this.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Just checked my email and saw "beta code" in the subject line of an email. I got really excited. Then I realized it was the UFC 2 closed beta code that was sent to only the people who bought UFC 1. So disappointing. Very nice that they sent that to me so promptly, though (the beta JUST launched today)....unlike NRS which STILL hasn't sent me fucking shit.

Anyway...someone want to trade an XB1 MKX beta code for a UFC 2 XB1 beta code?

FallofSeraphs76

Beware of a sharp edged weapon,called human being
spam? lol .... its hard to get out of but not impossible. .. Kang is like takedas worst match up, esp DF . everytime he would let you get in ,it would be a nightmare for takeda . so he pretty much has to shut down all your pressure options and Ex kunai set ups can be that gameplan if youre having a hard time defending against them.

i mean same concept goes for Kangs pressure on takeda, . once kang gets in takedas face, its really hard for takeda , esp in SR to muster up a solid defense as sometimes trading is his only/ or best option. if a kang players notices that the takeda player has nothing at all to deal with the pressure, ( tool or match up knowledge wise) then theres really no reason not to continue to do it.. yeah it sucks, but i wouldnt call it spam.. just gotta play what you can .

id hit up @cR Xarakamaka or @SylverRye or any of the other more active kang members for a better run down plan on defending against takeda set ups. as im usually on the other end of this match up , lol
I use the word spam to quickly describe the point that he did it over and over over ...like 10x in a row until I was either dead or armored out of it. Not saying spam as a bad term...just a way to describe the situation.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
I use the word spam to quickly describe the point that he did it over and over over ...like 10x in a row until I was either dead or armored out of it. Not saying spam as a bad term...just a way to describe the situation.

wait - i dont think youre talking about his ex kunai set up ... i think i might have misread your text.. i think youre talking about his reg kunai to end strings. corret?

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Stay out of his range, zone him, bait the teleport, whiff punish the b22 string ( or b12, can't remember what exact input it is) with the flying kick.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged

This could be big.
Hope they fix this. It's absurd.

FallofSeraphs76

Beware of a sharp edged weapon,called human being
wait - i dont think youre talking about his ex kunai set up ... i think i might have misread your text.. i think youre talking about his reg kunai to end strings. corret?
This guy did the overhead slash into the low ankle projectile. 1-2, 1-2, 1-2..over and over. If i didnt block high, low high low, every time he would hit me each time. it wouldn't knock me down but it would stager me. (1-2 does not mean the buttons on the controller...more like a timing reference)

Etoroguy

Why isn't Jax's Farm a playable stage?

This could be big.
Isn't the second hit a high? So when you delay it so much it creates a gap, so the opponent can neutral duck and punish the late enhanced. I'm pretty sure you could always do that but I'll check tomorrow. That's why it's point to meter burn it on block anyway, it's not even safe.

IrishMantis

I think around 200 Ms is my tolerance which is really fucking good if it takes s number that high to begin to jar me

Has anybody got the rollback issue if you hear your move hit but yet the opponent block it? It's crazy

Poto2222

Just another fellow TYMer! Yay! :D

VGGs, @Espio ! We had some bad hiccups in the first match, but the following fights were flawless on my end! How was the connection on yours?

IrishMantis

VGGs, @Espio ! We had some bad hiccups in the first match, but the following fights were flawless on my end! How was the connection on yours?
Should be the same I don't think it works better for one and not the other I could be wrong

Poto2222

Should be the same I don't think it works better for one and not the other I could be wrong
Just wanted to be sure, even though I believe it was the same on his end.

Honestly, this new netcode is the best thing to ever happen to the franchise after MK9's release. It's beautiful in every possible, conceivable way. I can't praise it enough!

Espio

Kokomo

Ggs, it was pretty solid considering I'm almost in Canada and you're down in Brazil right? I'd say things are looking up. I've played a couple people from TYM so far including Shazzy, Zoofs and some others and for the most part, it's very stable and quality. And it's going to get better as things iron out so that's exciting in and of itself. Being able to play this game regularly again is gonna be a real treat.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
This guy did the overhead slash into the low ankle projectile. 1-2, 1-2, 1-2..over and over. If i didnt block high, low high low, every time he would hit me each time. it wouldn't knock me down but it would stager me. (1-2 does not mean the buttons on the controller...more like a timing reference)
The mixups you are talking about are extremely reactable.

It sounds like matchup inexperience with Takeda is clearly your biggest issue here. The only way to really become proficient at blocking his OH whips into (non-EX) low Kunai setups is to see them and get hit by them so many times that you learn how to spot them before they come out.

Find a good Takeda player and keep playing them. In a couple of weeks, you will be laughing at yourself for ever getting hit by whips into kunai at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.