What's new

MKX Enhanced Online BETA General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I'm in the UK and created a US account and set my PS4 to Primary thinking I'd need to, so I could connect to the US servers. However, I noticed that the beta does not have a region lock on it (current MKX retail disc is software locked, as we all know, unlike the Xbone).

The beta works on my original EU PS+ account, so the US account is not needed, but yeah, I can play you guys and today I was getting 140 pings with some players and the matches were great.

Lets hope they remove the region lock on the final build release, since it works.
You serious?

This could be huge news
But why are they only sending to only US
Hahaha!!! Yup!!! Posting about it in this very thread got me gifted one. Just played for like an hour with Zoofs in what felt like something better than Killer Instinct.

Good luck on your journey to this godlike netcode of a beta!
fud they reduce the hops?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
fud they reduce the hops?
The ultra skip from earlier is gone. I didn't even see a skip in a good connection.

I'm convinced now that if your connection is good your experience is godly. In the old MKX my great internet still felt like Atlantis. I didn't play online at all because it was so bad. In the beta if I play people with low pings like mine it is near flawless, as good as SG or KI and I've always bashed The Netcode.

When I played DC or Zoofs for hour long sets it feels like dudes could be sitting next to me. About as lagless as online can be made and our combined ping was like 50ish. When I play randoms who have a ping of 140 then it starts to skip, get teleport-ish, and has lag spikes every other game. Still playable and inputs work fine, but it feels like a "good online" where as great connections feel like offline.

IrishMantis

I know it works man I believe you.

But what's keeping me in check is why didn't they send them to EU people they did for Xbox

IrishMantis

The ultra skip from earlier is gone. I didn't even see a skip in a good connection.

I'm convinced now that if your connection is good your experience is godly. In the old MKX my great internet still felt like Atlantis. I didn't play online at all because it was so bad. In the beta if I play people with low pings like mine it is near flawless, as good as SG or KI and I've always bashed The Netcode.

When I played DC or Zoofs for hour long sets it feels like dudes could be sitting next to me. About as lagless as online can be made and our combined ping was like 50ish. When I play randoms who have a ping of 140 then it starts to skip, get teleport-ish, and has lag spikes every other game. Still playable and inputs work fine, but it feels like a "good online" where as great connections feel like offline.
Wow I'm so hyped!!!

And I'm sure they will improve it every 4 chars

Status
Not open for further replies.