What's new

MKX CONCERN - SOUND ISSUE AT TOURNAMENTS WITH NEW GEN? - TO's Read

What is your stance on single headset usage for new gen controllers?

• Allow head sets to be plugged into controller ONLY if both players are using one

• Ban the use of only ONE player being able to plug a head set into controller

• TO's should be prepared and come up with an alternative

• Anything goes. It's the players responsibility to bring their own headset

• Other (post in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

SGX

Noob
I think the simplest solution would be for TOs to use a cheap pair of PC speakers for each setup and ban headsets unless both players have them. It's really unfair for 1 person to have audio and the other not.

F4tal

Noob
Chat volume is impossible to output through both the headset and the monitor. Not that chat volume matters. In order to get game volume through to your headset and through the monitor (say for someone who doesn't have a headset) your headset would have to use Digital Optical which wouldn't require you to plug it into the controller.

BRUTALITY

Banned
sound doesnt bother me, loud or mute. actually i feel better playing in silence. as for a solution, there should be some kind of adapter or splitter for this scenario i would hope.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
For the xbox one you can use headphones and get audio Hdmi out, i just purchased the new A50's and if you plug in the optical cable with the headset adapter you can here both for sure literally doing it right now on my own xbox. i'll try on my PS4 in a minute.

Tim Static

Adminerator
You can listen to ANY game or system sound with anything you do on PS4. Basically, plugging in a head set into the controller takes control of the entire system's audio in general.
I can't find any way to change it in the PS4 settings. :/

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Also problem w TOs buying $10.00 speakers is the game ends up sounding like this shit

Not naming the tourney but "don't worry pig we got speakers and we will turn them all the way up so players hear sound at stream station"

See video above for result

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I really don't care about sound for tournies because I am use to it. But I do like it at the same time. I would say don't allow headphones unless both players can hear the game. I guess it just depends on the tournament tho.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I listen to my tunes while i play so it doesnt affect me. But i suggest new tourney goers be prepared with their own sound system or train without sound. Just my two cents :) #dinktips

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I'd have thought a cheap pair of desktop speakers would be best. They're not ridiculously loud and keeps it fair for both players, as well as cheap for TOs. I can see how this wouldn't work well at huge tournaments with lots of set ups though.

I have an Astro Mixamp and closed headphones at home but have no idea how that would work for two players. You can only output to one source can't you?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The sound doesn't have to go through the controller, it's just an option. I have my headset hooked up to my TV, so the headset picks up everything coming out of the TV. I'm sure the monitors used at tournaments will have a similar option.