What's new

MKX Character Auction, 5v5, Money Matches tonight info inside

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
We understand there's massive issues w the Internet in the building so the 5v5 will be recorded at worse but will happen tonight after the character auction

The current plan is this

10pm central
MKX CHARACTER AUCTION
Twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

12am central 5v5
@R.E.O. @CD jr
@Sabin @YOMI Reno_Racks @MITDJT @Denzell @Tom Brady

After that some high profile money matches that have been steaming all weekend

@Blind_Ducky v @Zyphox

Trepound v @Tom Brady

And more

All updates for times streams and such will be made in here

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
How are they doing the character auction? Are they doing it so you buy variations. Or do you buy the entire character?

Indecisive

What's a character auction
Basically what happens is a character is announced and the players bid on that character. Highest Bid wins the character. And they can only use that character for the auction tournament. Whatever they spend on the Bid goes into the pot. Its really fun.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
CD jr runback.
is the 5v5 format like 1 life per each player?
FG auctions is really hype.. the bidding part.

Indecisive

CD jr runback.
is the 5v5 format like 1 life per each player?
FG auctions is really hype.. the bidding part.
Agreed. I think the marvel one was most fun last year. Since they bid teams and where very hidden on what the team was. Team Helmet. 3 characters with Helmets. Who could be on that team. Never know. Mwhahahahaaha.

E

Eldriken

They shouldn't bid on the variations. What they ought to do is what they did with USF4, but instead of using a die, they use something else to determine what variation they use.

Like, do a random drawing that says "middle", "left" or "right" to indicate which variation you have to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Eldriken

This is such a fucking drag that we're missing so much stuff. But it honestly can't be helped. Not like I can get mad at the folks for it; it's out of their control.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
2/3 single elimination tournament

A lot of boos when Liu was started but Liu Kang sold to Godspeed for $20

A lot of Kenshi bidders but Pig ended up with him for about $36

A lot of bids for Sonya, but sold at $32 to MIT

D4G

Win At All Cost
This is such a fucking drag that we're missing so much stuff. But it honestly can't be helped. Not like I can get mad at the folks for it; it's out of their control.
Doesn't make me any less salty, I canceled plans with the girl, turned off my phone, ordered Pizza, and I've been sitting in nothing but my underwear and a stained tanktop for the last 5 hours trying to watch this event. :mad: