What's new

MKII Summer JAM Philly August 14th and 15th

summoning

Noncompliance to ASTM F 899-12 Standard
On August 14, 2010 in Philadelphia, PA, CMK user btbb99 won the Mortal Kombat 2 tournament at Summer Jam 2010.

Congrats to Brian for first, Nit (summoning) for a 2nd place finish as well as another CMK user Bill (DCIguy)

Big E, the TO of Summer Jam (SJ), NEC (North East Championships) & Winter Brawl with Brian, the 2010 MK2 Champ of MK2!

And Brian, with his prize!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
yeah come on guys, there's no reason for me to place top 4 in MKII.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Tentatively, count me in for this. Looks like I'll be able to make it, but I just need to play it safe. Any prizes n' such?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Whatever money goes into it. If we get 16 MKII players, the winner takes all, probably like $50 if entry fee is $3 each, which it generally is. UMK3 right now is looking like it'll be around $250+ with bonuses, split 70/20/10. At ECT2 the total pot for UMK3 reached about $240 with bonuses, and had less players than this will have.

DCI, how can we get you to come out? I mean, you and a few other MKII players I know are within traveling distance, and you should all get together and show up. I want to see you guys there. Contact any and all MKII players you know. MK2Prince said he would be at the last one and it didn't happen. It's been like this for the last year for MKII. Don't let Summoning win another MKII tournament.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
If I am ever going to make it out to one of these tournaments, this is the one. I have virtually no other obligations.

I'M IN!

edit: Where is it being held? What hotel do you recommend? I'm assuming this is MAME?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Excellent, with that, I will begin and MKII list and submit it to Eric on SRK and add the list here.

MKII, Saturday, any time, $3 entry fee.

summoning

If I am ever going to make it out to one of these tournaments, this is the one. I have virtually no other obligations.

I'M IN!

edit: Where is it being held? What hotel do you recommend? I'm assuming this is MAME?
This is on mame yes, and the discount rates of the hotel just expired on the 1st, but its not too much more here is the link to the hotel that hosts summer jam, so if you book a room here you are set

http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=1006186380&key=8D26F

Noob
That's great that you're going to be there.

I wish I could be there Saturday, but I can't... so I will hopefully see you there for UMK3 on Sunday!

We ARE putting you down for UMK3 on Sunday right? You are gonna be there... LOL

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
That's great that you're going to be there.

I wish I could be there Saturday, but I can't... so I will hopefully see you there for UMK3 on Sunday!

We ARE putting you down for UMK3 on Sunday right? You are gonna be there... LOL
Depends what time of day umk3 is run. I haven't played that game competitively in ages and I suck at it, LOL.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
great maybe now other mkii guys will come , dc we have played right?
Summoning, unless you were using an alt account, I've never run across your name in the ps3 lobby. I sent you a friend request about a month ago but never got a response. We should play though, for sure.

summoning

im in poland right now ill be home on saturday, maybe you wanna play a few matches during the week so i can shake the rust off

no ps3 xbox or anything out here on my 1mb line..
my main comp just died too lol