What's new

MKAK is out NOW for PSN & XBL: Discussing First Impressions

Noob
Ok, just gave it a whirl.. it's great to have all 3 games, but yeah, the online is bad... REALLY bad. Better off playing UMK3 on XBL(original version), or MK2 on PSN. Also, as for kombat kodes, it seems that all inputs at the Vs. screen are disabled... if you try to put in the Human Smoke code at the Vs. screen, it won't work and you'll have to wait till round 2 to change.

This was supposed to be the definitive version... it's not great so far.

Offline is fine though, so the most important part is perfectly intact!

MKK hanzo

Ok, just gave it a whirl.. it's great to have all 3 games, but yeah, the online is bad... REALLY bad. Better off playing UMK3 on XBL(original version), or MK2 on PSN. Also, as for kombat kodes, it seems that all inputs at the Vs. screen are disabled... if you try to put in the Human Smoke code at the Vs. screen, it won't work and you'll have to wait till round 2 to change.

This was supposed to be the definitive version... it's not great so far.

Offline is fine though, so the most important part is perfectly intact!
its JUST ME or do I feel ALL the games speed up like 10%? Overall MK I. I really have the feeling that I had when played Midway Arc treasures II MK versions...

I feel UMK 3 like MKT n64 speed... (I like it dont know everyone else).

MKK hanzo

Please Zaq I encourage those tests. I felt UMk3 WAY TOO FAST and lets not talk MKI. LOL hook up this to your capture card and also have some mame rec tool at hand.

I LOVE THE SPEED IT HAS NOW but for the arcade purist is just a reason to bitch.

BTW I had 4 "playable" matches online in the same city but why does the games drop down to 30 fps? LOL

NoDoubt

nasty
I have hours of capture cardness from earlier today
http://www.twitch.tv/zaq_mk/videos

There is online and offline play on there.

THEY NEED NAMES ONLINE.
I just picked the wrong character in ranked because I thought I was P1. I shouldn't have to feel around to know which player I am on the character select screen!
I hate that shit...I always pick scorpion instead of kitana on mame sometimes lol cuz i forget which side im on. but ya...like i said on cmk, regardless of the horrid online gameplay quality:

- no spectator/4 player rooms
- no tags/names by lifebar
- no penalty for rage quitting
- no VERSES codes intact during play
- no human smoke 1st round, only cuz of codes disabled

^ - MAME 119 is pretty arcade perfect as well and although many opt to use the 32.64 version instead, both versions of Kaillera have everything listed above, PLUS more for fucking FREE.

We even have 2v2s with 4 players if you know how to swap controls, which I can do. 5+ players can join rooms and spectate, although 4 player max for swapping to play. Mame is also the most lag-free if you are in a server close to your area and play against someone close enough with decent connection.

Because Mame exists still and its free...I feel so disgusting purchasing this whenever i get the chance. Like for what reason? All the best players obviously arent gonna come back if this shits worse online than the 2006 XBL version. At least that version had spectating, workable codes, penalties for rage quitters, and listed tags. Not to mention...playable enough if you played a decent connector living close to you. Its 2011 now, why cant they utilize advanced technology in their little 5 year GAP?

Tim Static

Adminerator
Im cool with the no spectator mode/rooms.

They fucking make the lag even worse, allbeit the rooms with more friends is good, but it makes the game even more frustrating.

I just dont see how they could release this package THIS fucked up. :doh:

Sega

Noob
i cant even play the damn game cause my psn wont let me buy it!! im getting error codes and its suuuper annoying! also, how about 2v2s? im so upset that you cant even team up with a friend over the online matches in mk9. i was really hoping they would do it for this! :(

shano

Noob
Just played the trial version and this port looks very bad the filters are really messed up even the default filter looks really bad i expected more from this collection think i might give this a skip. :/

Is the online on xbl playable or is it just like the psn version?

Noob
Also, while I only played it 3 times online, has anyone else noticed that once in a while, either when being kicked out of a room or upon disconnection after a match, that the game freezes? I had this happen 2 times.

Look, I'm not an online player, but the fact is that these three games, at this point, will garner most of their interest by being relatively inexpensive and playable online. The fact that they got the online part of this game so horribly wrong is an injustice to the fans of the first three games, and is seriously going to turn off new players to those games because the online is so terrible.

ManjoumeThunder

Just a mark
Is the online as bad as MK9 was at release?

How bad exactly is it on the PS3? If its gamebreaking or anything like MK9 was, I'm not getting it, no sense getting games I already have that I can't even have fun with online (which is the only new feature I think).

AC1984

Kaballin!
I kind of like how the games feel...it is very close to arcade(played arcade a couple weeks ago) and offline its better than the XBLA version. the timing for this one is a little more precise than mame. MK 1 runs awesome...I'm coming back to that game with full force!

Hatake Osawa

NetherRealm Protector
Not as bad as I thought it would be. The filtering looks good on my end. Considering the fact I'm running it off my Dell Monitor.

Online can be slow at times too. Not like choppy slow, but to the point where it maintains itself for the most part. Have to take into consideration that they were probably only able to test the online play on "their" servers during the testing phase. Just have to give them feedback and it lets them know what to improve on the netcode and hopefully get it patched soon. Not gonna stop me from trying to play these klassics online, but I'm also praying that they come up with a good solution to smooth out the online play.

Hatake Osawa

NetherRealm Protector
Just wanted to throw an update to everyone out there about online play. It seems when it I played MK1 just now. There was no lag noticeable in that version. But when it came to UMK3 earlier, the game play did seem choppy and delayed a bit. So I'll let you guys know how MK2 is. Even know I did try one match, I'm not gonna throw a final answer out there just yet for it.

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
Is the online as bad as MK9 was at release?
The real thing we should be comparing it to is UMK3 XBLA from 2006. If it's worse than that, then what's the point of this version??? Well, other than the fact that it's the only version new people can buy now... :rant:

Hatake Osawa

NetherRealm Protector
BustaUppa said:
The real thing we should be comparing it to is UMK3 XBLA from 2006. If it's worse than that, then what's the point of this version??? Well, other than the fact that it's the only version new people can buy now...
If I'd own the game back then for my XBOX. Which I was surprise to not know about it until they took it off the market due to Midway falling. I probably give you an answer now, but unfortunately. Someone who does have it and really has a keen eye to know the difference will definitely let us know.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So far the lag is pretty bad, but from what I saw on Zaq's stream it's better than PSN.

MKK hanzo

I kind of like how the games feel...it is very close to arcade(played arcade a couple weeks ago) and offline its better than the XBLA version. the timing for this one is a little more precise than mame. MK 1 runs awesome...I'm coming back to that game with full force!
haha thats cause it seems to be abut faster. i felt like playing umk ds lol (<3)