What's new

MK9 to IGAU Character Conversion Thread

Mortal Kombat to Injustice Character Conversions
-
ATTENTION
Voting is now open!
Please spread the word and try to get as many people from the community to vote as you can.
Voting will end in a month.
To help me out even more, please leave a comment in the voting page explaining why you think the character is similar.
(Vote with the red link under the character)
-​
This thread is here as a helpful/curiosity guide for everyone.
The point is to show which character in Injustice is best suited for you and your style of gameplay.
This is a community effort and it's up to you guys to decide who gets listed here.
-​
For Example, Tom Brady has said that if you played Raiden in MK, then Ares is for you.
I will only update this thread based on what the majority agrees on.​
-
List
Aquaman
Most Simular MK Character:
Reason:
Bane
Reason:
Batman
Reason:
Catwoman
Reason:
Cyborg
Reason:
Doomsday
Reason:
Deathstroke
Reason:
Flash
Reason:
Green Arrow
Reason:
Green Lantern
Reason:
Soloman Grundy
Reason:
Harley Quinn
Reason:
Hawkgirl
Reason:
Joker
Reason:
Lex Luthor
Reason:
Nightwing
Reason:
Raven
Reason:
Shazam!
Reason:
(More Below)

Sinestro
Reason:
Superman
Reason:
Wonder Woman
Reason:
Killer Frost
Reason:
Ares
Reason:
Black Adam
Reason:

Enenra

Go to hell.
Batman-KL
DeathStroke-Liu Kang/Kabal in terms of zoning, Kenshi-esque in terms of footsies
Sinestro-Kenshi
Lex-Cyrax wit dem setups
Flash-JC
Raven-Smoke/Ermac

From talking with people who have advanced copies.

zaf

professor
imo this is a horrible idea. its like asking what character i should play in street fighter 4 if i main ermac... lols never going to get a straight answer.
injustice and mk are totally different games. from the demo so far, none of the 3 characters at all feel like any character in mk. i could not compare lex, batman or ww at all to anyone in mk.

the best thing to do is to just tell someone "oh ares, he is a zoner. if you like zoning use him"

i feel a thread like this is setting up a lot of people to expect something from a character and they are going to be heavily disappointed.

imo this is a horrible idea. its like asking what character i should play in street fighter 4 if i main ermac... lols never going to get a straight answer.
injustice and mk are totally different games. from the demo so far, none of the 3 characters at all feel like any character in mk. i could not compare lex, batman or ww at all to anyone in mk.

the best thing to do is to just tell someone "oh ares, he is a zoner. if you like zoning use him"

i feel a thread like this is setting up a lot of people to expect something from a character and they are going to be heavily disappointed.
Nothing on here is solid. Thus the "Most simular." Some people will disagree. But it's all healthy discussion for the game.

It's a community effort, so if the majority says so.. then something must be identical.

Injustice characters DO play like some MK characters. The style, that is.

EternityInBlack

Milly Vanilli
Thanks for this thread. I'm trying to look for a potential carry over for my Milly skills. I liked her mobility, in terms of creating mix-ups and confusing her opponents with a fairly solid ground game and some tight juggling mechanics. Am I off base in thinking that I'd probably want to checkout either Catwoman or Harley?

Thanks for this thread. I'm trying to look for a potential carry over for my Milly skills. I liked her mobility, in terms of creating mix-ups and confusing her opponents with a fairly solid ground game and some tight juggling mechanics. Am I off base in thinking that I'd probably want to checkout either Catwoman or Harley?
Catwoman is the non-special close-combat version of mileena. Harley isn't like mileena(as far as I know), but i'm sure you can find some way to relate.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Batman - tbh Bats feels nothing like Kung Lao other than his D4, which takes prep time. He reminds me a lot more of Scorpion and Sub-Zero combined. Scorpion obviously because of Hooks, but also because his combos tend to cross up a few times and he can put an enemy in the corner while in the corner himself for good damage. Sub-Zero because he can also put an opponent in the corner from about 1/4 screen away.

In a way, this makes sense with his character: the corner is the scariest place to be for a fighter, and Bats uses fear to conquer his enemies.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Well, after Day 1, I'd say Cyborg is very similar to Noob Saibot

-Zoning character
-His mid-screen combos are pretty much "one string linked into a special" and that's it (for now anyway ;))
-His corner damage, however, is WAY better. His MB-Power Fist reminds me of how EX-Upknee continues Noob's combos in the corner
-His close, middle, and far missiles are similar to Noob's portals, although his missiles are overheads instead of unblockable

Just what I've observed... (I also apologize because I feel like I've said this three or four times today :oops:)

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Killer Frost does vortexes into 50/50s that lead to more vortexes and zones with something that appears under the opponent. She's like a Scorpion with no spear or teleport.

Deathstroke is definitely a zoning character akin to Freddy.