What's new

MK9 Potential Patch Character Balancing and Discussion

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Can I ask why'd you want buffs for a top 10 char?
Because she needs it.

And i agree that a wrong buff would push the character towards to broken, the only thing that i personally need is only a fast F4 and all my problems are mostly solved, but i can't speak only for myself, and once you pick skarlet you will immediately figure it why she needs a very slight of these buffs, the optionals actually doesn't count much, they aren't really necessary.

is just the tele, the dagger and the normal. nothing more, nothing less.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Because she needs it.

And i agree that a wrong buff would push the character towards to broken, the only thing that i personally need is only a fast F4 and all my problems are mostly solved, but i can't speak only for myself, and once you pick skarlet you will immediately figure it why she needs a very slight of these buffs, the optionals actually doesn't count much, they aren't really necessary.

is just the tele, the dagger and the normal. nothing more, nothing less.
So you want

Buckets of armour to 40% and more pressure
15% blockstrings on block with a bar
Godlike pressure
Godlike damage
Godlike mobility
Godlike instant projectiles in some matchups

and on top of that you want a better teleport, chip on the dagger and also faster whiff punishing?

No top 10 character in this game needs a buff when the top 15 can handle themselves against everyone but the top 3-4 who FOR SURE are getting nerfed if a patch were to come.

Flagg

Noob
Csz needs a viable teleport. He might as well not have a teleport move, that's how horrendous his current one is.

Kano: make horizontal ball a bf motion. Improve his normals so at least some of them are neutral on block
I'd like to see choke hit mid.

Ermac be nice if his b3 was a low hitter.

Flagg

Noob
Oh and Sindel. Give her armour ffs.

Either make ex hair have greater reach or do more damage, cause there is no reason to use a bar On thia move as is.

I tthink the only issues Sheeva has is her normals. Buff them a little, make b2 cancelable into specials

NKZero

Noob
Csz needs a viable teleport. He might as well not have a teleport move, that's how horrendous his current one is.

Kano: make horizontal ball a bf motion. Improve his normals so at least some of them are neutral on block
I'd like to see choke hit mid.

Ermac be nice if his b3 was a low hitter.
how would you change his teleport then?

if you want to change horizontal ball for Kano I also presume you want down ball to change? any specific motion? please be specific with normals. which ones? ok fair enough for choke hitting mid.

changes all seem ok. thank you.

NKZero

Noob
COME TO THINK ABOUT IT I DON'T REALLY THINK WE SHOULD BE ASKING FOR BUFFS FOR THE TOP 10 NO MATTER HOW 'NECESSARY' THEY MAY SEEM. THE IDEA IS TO LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD BY BUFFING THE LOWER AND MID TIER CHARACTERS.

SO PLEASE REFRAIN FROM BUFF SUGGESTIONS TO HIGHER TIERS. THAT BEING SAID, WE DON'T NECESSARILY WANT TO NERF THE TOP TIERS EITHER.

Flagg

Noob
how would you change his teleport then?

if you want to change horizontal ball for Kano I also presume you want down ball to change? any specific motion? please be specific with normals. which ones? ok fair enough for choke hitting mid.

changes all seem ok. thank you.
I added stuff for Sheeva as well. A lot of kanos normals leave him negative on block. His dowball is the same motion now as horizontal ball.

And my phone auto correct sucks.

NKZero

Noob
I added stuff for Sheeva as well. A lot of kanos normals leave him negative on block. His dowball is the same motion now as horizontal ball.

And my phone auto correct sucks.
so are there any specific Kano normals you want 0 on block? could you name them? do the same for Sheeva if possible.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

No, i want a chance to able to AA ppl when they jump, instead of getting blown up by it every time even when i read.

I'm sorry but your post is not making sense, your exaggerating.

The only change or Skarlet metagame would be the AA the rest will mostly stay the same, her pressure wouldn't change one bit, her damage wouldn't change one bit, her mobility wouldn't change one bit, and her projectile is still 19 frames so i don't see how is this would be godlike, specially since the non ex version is already punishable on block, or even when dash canceled, no one asked for better recovery.

btw, does cage F3 is getting nerfed? Did anyone noticed that Cyrax string does the exact same thing? the only difference is that the first hit of standing 1 is high.

NKZero

Noob
one serious question u prefer nerf top tier chars or buff low tier?
NKZero
I would rather buff low tiers.

I am a Sub Zero player and I can happily say I have no problem with the way Kabal and Kenshi are despite them being horrible match-ups. I'm fine with Cyrax too tbh (also afraid that patching this character might fuck him up some how haha). So I'd rather we bring the lower tiers up than nerf the lower tiers unless certain moves need nerfing e.g. Sonya EX cartwheel.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Make Mileena punishable with ground combos on ball and tele kick block.

I would rather buff low tiers.

I am a Sub Zero player and I can happily say I have no problem with the way Kabal and Kenshi are despite them being horrible match-ups. I'm fine with Cyrax too tbh (also afraid that patching this character might fuck him up some how haha). So I'd rather we bring the lower tiers up than nerf the lower tiers unless certain moves need nerfing e.g. Sonya EX cartwheel.
the problem is to whom should hear nrs? capcom got japanese fighting game professionals who play since decades.
and nrs?
Qwark28

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
sub-zero needs is hold reset
Scorpion pokes needs to be like everybody else
rain d3 needs to be 7 frames like everybody else
old jade required.

NKZero

Noob
Make Mileena punishable with ground combos on ball and tele kick block.
i think since she's a risky character as is with those moves, then it's unnecessary. she gets little reward for tele kick on hit compared to punishment on block. roll grants a full combo but she does little damage. i don't think ur suggestion is necessary. why make a mid tier character worse in any way?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
MK9 Jade Dreambuff (Jade Top Tier)

1 - i8, block 0 - combos every special
12 - i9, same hit properties, block +4 - combos every special
122 - i11, overhead, block -2

2 - i8, block +3, stagger on hit, combos every special
23 - i14, block +2, combos every special
23f2 - i15, overhead / pushback, block 0

b3 - i13, block 0, combos every special
b32 - i18, block +2, overhead/pushback

3 - i6, increased range, block +4 , combos every special
34 - i8, block +3 , combos every special
342 - i15, block -3, combos into itself 3 times mid screen as well for a total of 30% damage, combos into every special for resets.

f2 - i14, special mid, block +3 , combos every special
f21 - i15, high, block +3 , whiff recovery problem fixed, combos every special
f212 - i16, mid, block +2

b1 - mid/overhead, combos every special
b1,f1 - high, +3 on block, pushback

b2 - hits right above Jade as well so it cannot be jumped in on. blk +1
u3 - mid/overhead like it used to be.
d1 - i4, blk -1
d3 - i5, blk 0

Boomerangs - can be cancelled or held, recovery frames fixed.
Boomerang Mid - True Mid (Only blocked high) Can be used in air, straight course
Boomerang High - True High (Blocked high or low, crouchable) Can be used in air, backwards straight course behind Jade
Boomerang Low - True low (Tech Crouch, counts as going low like Sindel's) Can be used in air, downwards course (1 character distance)
ENboomerangs: Armor move. All boomerangs return no matter what.Currently if you jump over jade the boomerang doesn't return for some reason.

Shadowflash - 2 second duration, Ignores all ranged moves. (Freddy's Claw, Smoke's bomb, Kenshi's spirit moves, Sektor flame)
Shadowglow - No longer takes double damage, 4 second duration.

Shadowkick - Overhead, blk 0
ShadowENkick - Armor, Overhead, unblockable

Overhead - i15, can be done in air, bounces target from the ground, blk +6
ENoverhead - i9, armor, can be done in air, blk +7

XRay - Terminal Invincibility
Jade loses 50% of current HP and becomes immune to ranged moves, stuns and knockdown for 10 seconds. Takes melee damage as normal.

Additional Move - Vanishing Wind
Teleport: Jade appears behind the target hitting them in the groin with the staff. Stagger.
ball spin on block like the male ninjas, or jumped over.
ENTeleport: No Armor. Jade appears behind the target hitting them in the groin with the staff. Stagger.
unblockable, -40 on whiff.

BNB:
jip,b1,db2, b2, 342,342,34~ (36%)
(Reset: ENdb2, rebounce)
b2, 342,342,34~ (+30%)
(Reset)
etc.
----------------------------------------
I know some of it is silly but I went over the top as much as I could intentionally.
Radical ideas can be toned down when realised. And I do recall some of the above actually being true in Beta. Let's see if it ever happens. :p

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
or you could learn how to punish without nerfing a low tier char just because you cant punish her.
I want every character in the roster to punish her with a full ground combo. I use Cage so I can full combo punish her each time, but that doesn't mean it's fair for the rest of 'em. Why should I get ~40% while most of them get 19-22% ? Ball on block should be like Scorpion's tele on block.

NKZero

Noob
the problem is to whom should hear nrs? capcom got japanese fighting game professionals who play since decades.
and nrs?
it doesn't take a genius to figure out whether a suggestion is fair or not. the problem is this community is immature and sometimes pretty damn stupid that they make some of the worse suggestions that simply cannot be taken seriously. if any people should have a say, it's the tournament players who fully represent their characters. but i know a reasonable buff/nerf when i see one so i don't care who it comes from as long as it sounds ok.

NKZero

Noob
its that easy huh?
well i believe we have enough experience such that we can make reasonable nerf/buff suggestions. but as i said if we have to restrict decision making to a certain demographic of people, i'd leave it to the top tourney players or those who have enough knowledge on the character that they've written strategies, made guides etc.

ON A SIDE NOTE PLEASE TRY AND STICK TO SUGGESTIONS FOR YOUR CHARACTER(S) ONLY.

it solves KLs low hitbox problem without overpowering him. he can use it as a string ender, he doesnt get hard punished, opponent has advantage if they block, if they take the hat big deal its a small price for pressing buttons. KL can still be d2 by quick reaction to his 21 so it would mean he has a reason to use b33 because currently there's little to none. if it is blocked it is punished because it has no real safe option out of it. i dont think its an unreasonable buff and a lot of people say he was nerfed too hard.
Nerfs to kabal and kenshi, cyrax and smoke resets removed, make sonya ex cartwheel punishable.

the low hat as a pressure tool would not solve his problem at all, let go of it. kung lao doesnt need buffs, but if other characters would receive buffs it would be a problem for kung lao. what would help the problems in some matchups is:

- make kung lao's low hat have better whiff recovery for zoning purposes against characters like cage, sonya, cyrax, sektor and so on. nerf the recovery on block and make it even more than -12 so some of these kung lao players can finally move on with their life.
- f2 a little faster

this would solve kung lao's not having a mid problem.

to be fair if jax's f41 would hit mid in the second string and characters like sektor would receive some buffs to his t rex arms, kung lao should get some slight tweaks as well. also sektors low starter does not need to be changed because he doesnt need a safe low combo starter and his ex teleport should stay the same, asking for 0 on block is just too much, what would help is that his teleport wouldnt whiff on buzzsaw anymore but ex does so it wouldnt be braindead.