What's new

MK9 PC Control-Pads Issues?

gdf

Noob
I've been using two different control pads for MK9, racking my brain for a solution to which one would be better.

Here are the control pads and issues accompanying.

eTokki-
*Use Circle to confirm, and X to go back.
*Start Button Does Not Function at all

AfterGlow GameStop-
*Diagonals are not registered on the D-Pad, only on the analog.

Anyone have any solutions to either of these issues?

To be honest, I might just end up cracking them open and modding them, but I would rather use a quick solution if it exists.

Last edited:

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
There is no solution for the DPAD thing.

Well I guess the solution is to get it to act like an Analog stick rather a DPAD.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
I have the same problem.. The diagonals don't seem as accurate as playing on a PS3.. I use my PS3 pad on both PC and PS3.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Do you use motioninjoy? PS3 pads work for me just fine on PC.
Yeah i use motioninjoy. It works and all and i can play on it fine, but somethings just not quite right though. It just doesn't seem as accurate as when im playing on my ps3.. Its hard for me to explain.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Yeah i use motioninjoy. It works and all and i can play on it fine, but somethings just not quite right though. It just doesn't seem as accurate as when im playing on my ps3.. Its hard for me to explain.
Yeah its hard because sometimes depending on your rig and the version of motioninjoy everything doesn't click right. For example, when I use the intel usb ports, it generally works better (the ports next to the ethernet port on my pc)... however the ports on my case normally lag up and aren't as fast.

gdf

Noob
Is MotionInjoy recommended for using a Playstation style controller for PC? So far I've just let my controllers plug and play.

EDIT: TONY-T
I've been mulling over your issue with the mis-timed diagonals on PC.

It's entirely possible that the delay function for registering up and left/right is just off by a few milliseconds within the sourcecode of MotionJoy, since it seems that Playstation D-Pads must do a jerry-rig like that in order to function correctly.

I'll download MotionJoy tomorrow and see if I mess around with the program.

Last edited:

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Yeah its hard because sometimes depending on your rig and the version of motioninjoy everything doesn't click right. For example, when I use the intel usb ports, it generally works better (the ports next to the ethernet port on my pc)... however the ports on my case normally lag up and aren't as fast.
hmm, ill try a different port then. thanks

gdf

Noob
Yeah, this seems to be confirming my suspicions.

It could be that MotionJoy takes up and a direction, at some baud rate, then sends out the diagonal command. And that the Playstation controllers don't do that by default (eg plug and play), it might even be passed over to the developers of each individual game to design how the diagonal system works.

This however is all just a theory, but it's a pretty big design-flaw. And the fact that diagonal inputs aren't working consistently around the world implies that it is more than a mere coincidence.

gdf

Noob
I always emulated it as a 360 controller. weird.
That probably explains why your PC and PS3 inputs have a different feel. It sounds like that it's just how the Xbox 360 and PS3 have their diagonals designed, I could be wrong, perhaps there is some overarching issue I'm ignoring, but it's probably just that is how fast the diagonals are registered in each system.

sla

Noob
Hi, I am trying to use my DS3 pad in MK9 PC but it seems almost like impossible. I have tried motioninjoy from version 0.6.5, 0.7 and 0.7.1 (64bit system) but there is all the time problem with dpad. I can jump diagonally but I can't do straight jump. Ducking is very hard because I must push dpad down with a little bit pressure to left or right. Any idea how to fix it?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
To solve your problems guys, use a small program called "x360ce" which emulates your pad as a X360 controller as Mike suggested above.

This will solve the Circle-confirm/X-cancel problem. And map the d-pad on your pad as the analog stick in your emulator, this will (most probably) solve your diagonal problem. In the program you can test all your buttons and see if everything is working before you go into the game.

sla

Noob
I figured out what I was doing wrong (or should I say what I didn't do). My soultion for the problem was to check emulation for X360 pad and... click "enable" below (next to vibration settings). After that I was able to use dpad in MK9 as X360 pad.