What's new

MK9 Characters game play

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Cyber Sub - Pig/Reo/j360 not sure which was the real innovator. i think pig though
i find it hilarious that pig is still considered the innovator of CSZ when he stopped playing him the first few months and only released one video going over basic strings. He laughs at this as well i bet lol, and reo dropped him even earlier

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
As much as I love REO, and no matter how good his understanding of Cage is, he isn't a cage main, and I don't think he was one of the initial Cages.

Reo started breaking the character down for himself once he realised that allot of people were intending to use cage in tournaments, it was at a point were you could guarantee that you would meet a cage player in a tournament at least once, and if you didn't know what was going on, even the scrubbiest of cages would stand a decent chance of beating you with random 2,2,21,F3,F33 nonsense.

For me the very first Cage was Jop at evo 2011, then it was built upon by Foxy, Curbo, Dizzy etc, then everyone refined him, like CDjr, Maxter, Reo and such.
I think Curbo really put cage on the map at his first ever offline event at MLG.

People only took the character seriously after that, as before that event, everyone wrote cage off simply saying ''he won't get near me'', which is all fine, but nobody knew what to do when he did.