What's new

MK5 should be the next MK

Apart from how ridiculous it would be to have MK10 MK11 when there have probably been more street fighter games and they are still at 4 it would be nice if the just called it MK5 cos the last numeric MK was 4 any way. Also considering this game pretty much retold the story of MK 1-3 and the next one is gonna start from 4 and tell possibly more (if they are gonna keep it as long as the last) it would be a good Idea.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
What is with people and wanting this series to continue immediately? It's been out two months. Can people stop yammering about this? This is why UMK3 was overlooked; because everyone just wants more more more. Everything past 4 was horrible, full blown terrible.

Their intention was to reboot the series, and it isn't finished, NRS knows it isn't finished and using us to finalize the game. So, please, no more of these pointless threads. I would've been happy waiting another few years for a finalized reboot of the series. I don't care about the next installment, nor should anyone else, unless you're a casual player who's dying to see more fatalities and another crappy story mode - both of those features are 100% irrelevant to my interests. Those don't make a good fighting game.

mingzang

Master of Disaster
What is with people and wanting this series to continue immediately? It's been out two months. Can people stop yammering about this? This is why MK3 was overlooked; because everyone just wants more more more. Everything past 4 was horrible, full blown terrible.
So ...

fucking...

TRUE !!!

Okay, now I have a bunch of questions?

What makes 10 or 11 more ridiculous numbers than 9? Is there such a thing as a ridiculous number? Would it be okay with you to call it MKX?

Why should MK or anyone else follow Street Fighter's numbering system?

If the next game is going to cover the events of MK4 or MK4 and beyond, why not call it MK4?

Isn't the fact that there will soon be 10 Mortal Kombat games be something the developers should be proud of, and a milestone that shouldn't be tossed aside?

I think the next MK game is going to be called, Mortal Kombat: Something Something Something, and be otherwise known as MK10. That sounds swell to me.

To the 2 guys who posted after me i believe you have problems with English comprehension. I did not say they should release a new one immediatley even though i dont see this game lasting more than 18 more months. I only gave a naming suggestion.

Even SF4 a better balanced and less buggy game got yearly cycles so there is nothing wrong with it. If people want a new one its their money and they are probably already fatigued. MK3 was rightfully over looked cos MK3U was better and had a larger kast.

Okay, now I have a bunch of questions?

What makes 10 or 11 more ridiculous numbers than 9? Is there such a thing as a ridiculous number? Would it be okay with you to call it MKX?

Why should MK or anyone else follow Street Fighter's numbering system?

If the next game is going to cover the events of MK4 or MK4 and beyond, why not call it MK4?

Isn't the fact that there will soon be 10 Mortal Kombat games be something the developers should be proud of, and a milestone that shouldn't be tossed aside?

I think the next MK game is going to be called, Mortal Kombat: Something Something Something, and be otherwise known as MK10. That sounds swell to me.
I dont call it MK9 i actually think thats a dumb name considering the guys who made the game did nit release an MK 5,6,7,8.

DCT

Noob
To the 2 guys who posted after me i believe you have problems with English comprehension. I did not say they should release a new one immediatley even though i dont see this game lasting more than 18 more months. I only gave a naming suggestion.

Even SF4 a better balanced -snip-
Yeah Vanilla Sagat and Arcade Edition say hi.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Mortal Kombat X. But, we got so much DLC coming that... I am hardly looking that far ahead.

Nope. The next Mortal Kombat on disc should be "Ultimate Mortal Kombat." It should keep this same engine, continue to tweak these characters, add tons of playable characters, add more fatalities, add brutalities (must win every round and have full meter), and finishers called "Respect" (no more Friendships). It needs to tell the next part of the story and let you pick one of three X-Rays for your character before a match to help counter who you're facing.

Ulimate Mortal Kombat. No need for numbers. And no need to totally relearn a system. This one's great. Keep it going.

I dont call it MK9 i actually think thats a dumb name considering the guys who made the game did nit release an MK 5,6,7,8.
There are guys at NRS who worked on all of those games.

And we call it MK9. But the game is called "Mortal Kombat".

Numbers are probably out and have been since MK4. We are most likely going to get new Subtitles like we did with the last four 3D games.

Kombo

Noob
Seriously? There is no need for another MK the one we got is just fine. All NRS needs to do is fix the problems in this one(netcode, glitches, bugs, etc). Then once they get all that out of the way they can release extra contnent such as add on chapters to story mode, more charecters, Klassic and alternate costumes, more Xrays and fatalities, tournament mode for online, Being able to record your matches online and watch them so you can improve and get better you know stuff that other fighting games have just with a Mortal Kombat style. This isn't MK5, 6, 7, 8, or 9. This isn't even Mortal Kombat 2011. This is MORTAL KOMBAT a reboot to the series. This game will last as long as we let it. This games lifeline is up to us. Look at Street Fighter IV for example. Its been around for what 2 years now? And its basically the same game just with added content and features. Mortal Kombat has that same potential if we support it enough. And not just from tournament players but online as well. C'mon guys talks about a new Mortal Kombat this early(while the game is still new) is pointless.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah I agree with Kombo, I don't want NRS being like Capcom with an entire new game while it's the same one with added characters, updates etc. Just let them fix, nerf, tweak and update the game as they have been doing :)

The next actual MK game aka MK10 should be MK4, MK DA and MK D's storyline re-done and 2D again like this one :)

Seriously i would love an MK with all the mini game collections as an XBLA game. chess kombat is lols.

But seriously i hope they give us options to remove gore from the game, no blood, not x-ray(x-ray) no-fatality.
Varied character models, movement and jump speed so that each character feels more unique
Each character needs more usefull dial-up combos cos we are just seeing the same combos getting canceled into specials all the time.

Has any one looked at sindels animation when she walks or switch stance? Is like a lower half is alive.

BKclover

Noob
I suppose nobody wants to discuss the possible future storylines do they? Expansion of MK4 and Sub-zero mythologies, introduction of Shujinko(Shang is Dead after all so a return of the deadly alliance is slim to none) and the dragon king, maybe Daegon as well. They definately need Hotaru and Havik since the chaos vs order sub-plot will be awesome.

Note:
I'm not telling them to release a new one now, I'm just speculating how Mortal Kombat 2 will play out(Yes that is what their going to call it, 2nd game of the reboot).

R00KI30FTH3Y3AR

(S)teel (V)alley (K)ombat
MK5? Hell, I was hoping this game would fix the retcon mess that MKs 1-3 were starting. I'm still waiting on a proper remake of the first three MKs with the story straight. After we get all that straight in about another twenty years, they can they reap the full potential of a revamped, original and fleshed out MK4.