What's new

MK2 Tournament - Shao Kahn's Treasure Quest w/ $300 in Cash & Prizes!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
We now have 16 players. One more signup will ensure that the top 4 places get paid out.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Ok. I guess you can sign me up, but don't expect me to fair well. Haven't played MK2 online for a couple years.
Even if you don't think you have a shot at winning, you can still lay a bet down on who you think the ultimate winner will be.

BTW, this now makes 17 confirmed entrants which means the top 4 players are guaranteed to win something.

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
I download the MKAK for PS3, but when I try to play online, it just sits there "searching" and nothing ever comes up. I've got what appears to be the latest version with the patch (1.02), so maybe it's the time that's the problem. There are NO waiting games for any of the 3 games abd it just says "searching."

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I download the MKAK for PS3, but when I try to play online, it just sits there "searching" and nothing ever comes up. I've got what appears to be the latest version with the patch (1.02), so maybe it's the time that's the problem. There are NO waiting games for any of the 3 games abd it just says "searching."
Yep... it does that if no one else is searching for a match. Usually you don't have to wait too long though. GGS before btw.

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

Frozen Death (ANTI-TIERIST)
hey Bill, can you please remove me from the tournament. I'm getting worked in the lobby lately and I just don't think I will be good competition. thanks! Looking forward to seeing the video's of the tournament.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
hey Bill, can you please remove me from the tournament. I'm getting worked in the lobby lately and I just don't think I will be good competition. thanks! Looking forward to seeing the video's of the tournament.
I can drop your name if you want, but keep in mind that these competitions aren't necessarily about winning, losing, or making money. If you play the best you possibly can and still lose, that's all you can ask for. Its all about having fun and building relationships with the players.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Regarding the prize payouts - money distribution will be handled primarily via PayPal.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Paypal is a bit of a headache to get set up. Any other options?
I'll have to think about it. Wire transfers are possible, but they can cost upwards of $15 apiece. PayPal is free and the most convenient. If it presents a true hardship though, we can discuss on an individual basis (assuming you place top 3-4.)

The only other viable option I can think of at this time would be to convert the funds into PSN/XBL gift cards, then send the codes over to you via PM.

I'll have to think about it. Wire transfers are possible, but they can cost upwards of $15 apiece. PayPal is free and the most convenient. If it presents a true hardship though, we can discuss on an individual basis (assuming you place top 3-4.)

The only other viable option I can think of at this time would be to convert the funds into PSN/XBL gift cards, then send the codes over to you via PM.
Hopefully we don't have many farsighted people on the site after this font change. I like the idea of psn credits, but that's just me.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Hopefully we don't have many farsighted people on the site after this font change. I like the idea of psn credits, but that's just me.
The only reason the font is small in this thread is because it was a "promoted" post. If it were created as a regular thread, the font size would be normal. I'll see if STORMS can convert it over to a regular thread again.

So wait, let me get this straight, we only having a series of 4 matches? I love the rules and regulations but only 4 mathces? If it was up to me i would say the best out of 5 for each category in the tier list then, convert over to switching to the players next tier list. That's just my opinion. Anybody can get a lucky 1 win in. That way if neccassary , it can be a combination of 20 matches Thats the only way to to decide who is the elite player between the two. I hope you guys can undertstand what im trying say from my point ov view.

So wait, let me get this straight, we only having a series of 4 matches? I love the rules and regulations but only 4 mathces? If it was up to me i would say the best out of 5 for each category in the tier list then, convert over to switching to the players next tier list. That's just my opinion. Anybody can get a lucky 1 win in. That way if neccassary , it can be a combination of 20 matches Thats the only way to to decide who is the elite player between the two. I hope you guys can undertstand what im trying say from my point ov view.
I'm not sure if you're aware, but tournaments are always one nighters now.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I see what you are saying. Ideally a longer series would be nice, but we just don't have the time in one night to make that happen. On the other hand, the tournament is going to be single elimination so it might not be THAT big of a deal to make a small series per tier. I'll talk to Ththuvhul and see if perhaps we can reach a compromise, though with more than 16 players currently registered I can't make any promises.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Stretching the tournament out beyond one night will not end well. That always causes issues.
The tournament will NOT go past one night, I can guarantee you that much. I can't name a single tournament run in the past which lasted longer than one day that has ever gone off without a hitch.