What's new

MK11 Not Returning as Evo 2020 Mainstage game

Comments

This is without a doubt the biggest blow to the nrs competitive community since it’s start back in 2011..

I really don’t understand how some of you can be so calm about this if you are a true nrs competitive player/fan
Because their are other tournaments that are big, better ran, & will put a spotlight on the game. It literally has nothing to do with the game itself like some of the doomsayers in this thread keep implying. Under Night was never in EVO before last year & well look at that scene. Fuck Melee has been dropped the last two years & has only grown more & more.

Honestly rather disappointed because of how the pro playerbase and the game itself have developed since the game's release. We'd have the DLC and new variations, the potential for way more character diversity as everyone's become more comfortable with the game (especially SonicFox with Raiden/Kollector/Kano), considerably greater understanding of matchups, and balance updates that have alleviated multiple issues on both ends of the spectrum.

Shame.

I too saw this coming too BUT NOT @ Evo 2020.
Looks like spending the year shelling and silencing every single criticism really was not the way to go after all, Hordes of the playerbase quitting the game within a year of release are being called irrelevant casuals, Game remains in terrible state, Gets trashed by Evo and now everyone are surprised pikachu.

Please proceed to pretend the game is still alive and well in the bubble of combo breaker. This is beyond tragic.

Not surprised, that's what I say. I could say something now to a certain someone but I wont, too easy. The MK fanboy in me is a little sad, but the logical fanboy in me that loves to have fun and compete is not. I know what it was. Mr Wiz saw my NRS poll. :D:p:cool:

Last edited:
Does that make me sad? Yeah. Do I understand it though? Also yeah
This game is easily (in terms of competitive talk, casually is another story) the least popular an NRS game has ever been. I’m not speaking for myself, but, a lot of people just find it boring compared to something like MKX. Which sucks because I think this game has incredible visuals and an amazing roster, but I can’t ignore how I find some of the mechanics in this game super lackluster, and how much more fun I had playing previous MK games.
I’m still going to watch this years evo because I love watching T7, Ultimate, SF, and of course Marvel 2 is fucking awesome. But as a diehard MK fan it really makes me sad seeing it get shafted.

Looks like spending the year shelling and silencing every single criticism really was not the way to go after all, Hordes of the playerbase quitting the game within a year of release are being called irrelevant casuals, Game remains in terrible state, Gets trashed by Evo and now everyone are surprised pikachu.

Please proceed to pretend the game is still alive and well in the bubble of combo breaker. This is beyond tragic.
I hope this becomes a wakeup call for the NRS community

I ain't even mad. At this point, I can say I tried really hard to like this MK11 for what it is, but it's just bland and not very fun.

Also, I'm pretty disgusted with the way they presented all this cosmetic shit as a cool new add-on to the game, when in reality, the whole game is essentially based around these character unlockables.

They spent all their dev time on making these shitty cosmetics instead of the game and we got a half-baked unpolished potato on release.

Thanks Warner Bros. =)

I'm surprised to not see the usual suspects in this thread defending the game after everything that's been undoubtedly exposed for the game. If this doesn't prove this game is dead or boring then I truly don't know what will and it's time we stop silencing those who aren't the typical kiss ass or the FGC pro who wants to ignore the bad issues just to gain money from it's downfall (i.e. Sonic).

I'm surprised to not see the usual suspects in this thread defending the game after everything that's been undoubtedly exposed for the game. If this doesn't prove this game is dead or boring then I truly don't know what will and it's time we stop silencing those who aren't the typical kiss ass or the FGC pro who wants to ignore the bad issues just to gain money from it's downfall (i.e. Sonic).
No wait for it, They will be here shortly to blame all of it on the community yet again :)

NRS tourney numbers seemingly peaked in MKX, and went downhill right after they added smooth rollback netcode. Other games' playerbases are forced to go to tournaments because the netcode is trash! NRS players can just go to their couch. NRS needs to revert their netcode to buns tier if they are going to compete for Evo slots