What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Yea because you guys clearly know how to play mk11...
I apologise I now feel guilty I might have given you second thoughts and kept you from winning majors with Cage.

Now go, be free and win everything with your S tier main. Best of luck. Make sure to remember to give us the grand final feed so we plebs can learn from the crumbs of a real master.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
It’s like I said, most of the “upplayers” aren’t even real upplayers they are just doing it because they know it gets a rise out of you guys.

I’m optimistic about this third variation though, would have liked to see pissed off but oh well. You
Yeah, I really wanted an Stunt Double variation, with pissed off...but it was never going to happen. They would have had to rework the shit outta him. I hope this is a true zoning variation. It'll be a lot of fun

Havent seen one good reason why hes bad yet...
You come in here and say what you say in a certain way just to irk people. You're trolling. It's annoying and I hope a mod deals with it.

We've cited many examples of what makes Cage hard to play, and what we personally find unfair. I HIGHLY doubt you're going to find a Cage main in here that literally thinks he's bottom tier beyond maybe a couple of people....as if there's some line down the middle of the cast where it's good on one side, and bad on the other. We're talking about the minutia of playing as Cage, not his overall status.

I think the real point you're missing here is that we aren't happy with pros calling him top tier, which will result in no changes, or nerfs.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Marlow said:
I see people say this all the time, but then when you actually ask them about the character they play, all they ever talk about is the same thing: lack of safe fast mid into full combo launcher. Or lack of (fill in the blank with OP move). Then if you try and actually show them the good things the character has, or ways they could try and make the character work, they seem to have no clue what you're talking about.

This is you

thlityoursloat

kick kick
F3 should be 11 frames... You know what now that i think about it why hasn't anybody brought this up yet? We should be talking about this, Imagine the immense difference and the immense amount of stress would life off of Cage players shoulders if his F3 were faster and less unsafe? On any other character it would just be "They need that too succeed bro" but if johnny got it it'd be like "OMFG Johnny top tier footsie tool unpunishable unreactible leads to all damage stagger. Hit confirmable safe mixup 5050 practically a krushing blow broken to the core! ANTI AIR INCLUDED AHHH OMFG MOM GET THE CAMERA!" The double standard in this community is unreal.
Maybe f4 can also recieve the 44 part of s2 and f3, making it hit confirmable. It may seem like a lot but if they're going to insist on keeping his KBs that limited meanwhile everyone else is recieving new KBs, the least they could do is make him play the playstyle he's intended to very effectively.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Marlow said:
I see people say this all the time, but then when you actually ask them about the character they play, all they ever talk about is the same thing: lack of safe fast mid into full combo launcher. Or lack of (fill in the blank with OP move). Then if you try and actually show them the good things the character has, or ways they could try and make the character work, they seem to have no clue what you're talking about.

This is you
Nobody said that rofl.

We just want the character to be consistent on all cast, you know, game dev AAA quality, not indie game made in a tent.

And we want usable KBs, not 7 like the god tiers but at least 3 in each variation.

SSAFEEEFASSTMIDDD HURRRRR DURRRR

Marlow said:

This is you
Nothing i could do dood! snort AHNLINE LAG MAHN AHNLINE KHAMBOS IM BLOCKING DOOD!

You kind of remind me of DSP

Nothing i could do dood! snort AHNLINE LAG MAHN AHNLINE KHAMBOS IM BLOCKING DOOD!

You kind of remind me of DSP
I’m saying man, if I feel like I can’t play to my full abilities because the connection is wack there is no way I’m playing someone 20-23 times.

I don’t even understand how he can use the ping option select here, you chose to continue playing and got bopped.

So now we have idiots that:
need laggy wins to validate their own ignorance
constantly move the character goal posts so they can continue excusing they suck ass
people who literally say the same stupid shit for 60 pages plus

@Rain and Light should i add you to the lag doesnt matter crew?
It’s over man, it’s got to the point where all you do is chuck insults, make excuses and back pedal.

Your trolling would be more efficient had you never challenged anyone or played anyone from here, but after that thread you were done man.

It’s time to start over on a new account.

Maybe f4 can also recieve the 44 part of s2 and f3, making it hit confirmable. It may seem like a lot but if they're going to insist on keeping his KBs that limited meanwhile everyone else is recieving new KBs, the least they could do is make him play the playstyle he's intended to very effectively.
Hey that's a very good idea, i also had this idea... What if F43 was special cancellable? As well as being able to charge it? (Alist) Wouldn't that be bad ass? So you hit a blocking opponent with F4 and since F44 is a terrible hit confirm you can go into F43 special cancel it and have plus frames? Or slight negative frames or making the 3 portion a MID so a quicker on startup so it becomes a mixup. That would be pretty cool never going to happen however.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
So now we have idiots that:
need laggy wins to validate their own ignorance
constantly move the character goal posts so they can continue excusing they suck ass
people who literally say the same stupid shit for 60 pages plus

@Rain and Light should i add you to the lag doesnt matter crew?
You're here to troll. I've gone through your post history, and you seem to shit all over everyone and everything. Your negativity is overwhelming.

We're discussing our character, and you're in here throwing insults, ignoring anything we say and spinning it into another insult or negative comment. You're a child.

@Vslayer

I’m saying man, if I feel like I can’t play to my full abilities because the connection is wack there is no way I’m playing someone 20-23 times.

I don’t even understand how he can use the ping option select here, you chose to continue playing and got bopped.
Oh I'm sorry! I didn't mean to respond to you, i meant to respond to that trolling fella! I'm sorry!

Havent seen one good reason why hes bad yet...
No one is saying Cage is bad. No one is saying he's unusable. All that's being said is that he's lacking compared to other characters and the meta of this game. Good buttons doesn't make a complete character. Every other character gets KBs. No other character has to deal with a special move that doesn't work on half the cast. You guys preach that he's a top Tier beast. We're saying that that's not the case and that the upplay is damaging to the public character perception