What's new

MK10 trail mode like king of fighters (and street fighter/UMvC3)?

I've been playing king of fighters lately (an amazing game) and the trail mode is as fun as hell. I was sort of wondering and hoping that mk10 could have one as well.

If you don't know what trail mode is, it's pretty much juggle and basic combos for each character (or the character you select from the main menu) that you have to complete. The combo or juggle commands are shown at the top, and you have to do is redo the combo.

As you go on, each combo(or air juggle) get's more difficult to do. It's really good challenge, and for beginners, teaches players basic bnb, to more high damage combos. Of course now, this doesn't mean that the developers should put every single possible combo for each character in the game and put it in trail mode, that ruins the fun of doing your own combos. Just probably up to ten for each character. (remember from basic combos to large damage combos)

Features of trail mode that king of fighters has
- after you do the commands given, your character does their win pose (ex. Johnny cage after doing his combo will say "damn I'm good" for mk) and the narrator (don't know what to call it) says COMPLETE (in kof)! Instead of "complete" the announcer can say "outstanding" or "well done"
-during trail mode, each characters theme music is played during their trials
-during trail mode, you can go to the menu and select "demo run", and the game will showcase what the combo looks like when it is actually done
-you can hit the select button(not sure what it's called on xbox360), and it resets your characters position if you want to re-do the combo from the same position (mk already has this in its practice mode)

The combos should range from the simple stuff (combos with a special), to EX combos, to "neteural jump punch" combos, to "jump in punch" combos, to wall combos, and xray combos.
(it
TAG MODE: Tag mode should also have this as well for special tag teams. Like sub-scorpion, mustard and ketchup, kitana-mileena, quanchi and shang, lui kang and kung lao, smoke and subzero, jax and sonya blade....etc (it's impossible to do a trial mode in tag for each character, that's why I said "special" tag teams)

I feel this would be a great addition to the content mk9 has already (ex. story mode, challenge tower), plus another easy way to give out trophies as well.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I've awlays wanted this. And titles and icons and bp and pp. Basically everything street fighter has but in MK form. :D

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
theyd have to be picky with the trials though, if they had trials of the combos in the guide you could beat the whole casts in ten minutes.

aj1701

Noob
This would be fun, and be much better for me to practice combos. They could put something like this into the challenge tower too if they wanted.