What's new

MK10 Liu Kang ideas/suggestions?

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Hi there fellow Kang users!
Firstly,
I've never posted on TYM before so I don't know if this text goes through checking or censorship. If censorship is indeed a factor before this text gets public, I want you to know that ##$#% ***** $*$^$*$ the bloody ****** before you can actually $$$$$$ %##%%##%!

Now, if you take into account MK9's story mode and actually follow this timeline that NR Studios created, Kang is A) either dead or B) seriously injured/deformed...

A) If we are to believe that NRS will continue Midway's trend of bringing everyone back to life in future sequels, would you support the idea of Kang making it back to MK10 like Deception or would you rather miss him for good for the sakes of the story's and franchise's maturity/seriousness?

B) If we take the "injured/deformed" scenario, then some of MK9's endings would be really interesting concerning Kang's future in the MK franchise. His own ending tells us that after the MK9 events, Liu believed he was the only one capable of protecting Earth Realm from future invaders (Shinnok/NetherRealm LTD, that is) and his faith in Raiden's doings was the reason for it. Shang Tsung's ending also comes across Kang's, as he turns to the good guys' side, being coached by Bo Rai Cho to take down the new Godlike-Tyrant Kang from oppressing Earthlings etc... What do you guys think of Kang's future storyline PLUS, do you think it is time Liu Kang had a new special moves arsenal? Fireballs, bicycle kick and dragon kick has been the same ever since 1993's MK2, while other old school characters got upgrades in their special moves arsenal.
Opinions?

NKZero

Noob
Hi there fellow Kang users!
Firstly, I've never posted on TYM before so I don't know if this text goes through checking or censorship. If censorship is indeed a factor before this text gets public, I want you to know that ##$#% ***** $*$^$*$ the bloody ****** before you can actually $$$$$$ %##%%##%!

Now, if you take into account MK9's story mode and actually follow this timeline that NR Studios created, Kang is A) either dead or B) seriously injured/deformed...

A) If we are to believe that NRS will continue Midway's trend of bringing everyone back to life in future sequels, would you support the idea of Kang making it back to MK10 like Deception or would you rather miss him for good for the sakes of the story's and franchise's maturity/seriousness?

B) If we take the "injured/deformed" scenario, then some of MK9's endings would be really interesting concerning Kang's future in the MK franchise. His own ending tells us that after the MK9 events, Liu believed he was the only one capable of protecting Earth Realm from future invaders (Shinnok/NetherRealm LTD, that is) and his faith in Raiden's doings was the reason for it. Shang Tsung's ending also comes across Kang's, as he turns to the good guys' side, being coached by Bo Rai Cho to take down the new Godlike-Tyrant Kang from oppressing Earthlings etc... What do you guys think of Kang's future storyline PLUS, do you think it is time Liu Kang had a new special moves arsenal? Fireballs, bicycle kick and dragon kick has been the same ever since 1993's MK2, while other old school characters got upgrades in their special moves arsenal.
Opinions?
a) I would not like Kang to return to the story unless he has this whole zombie fiasco which I wouldn't mind tbh. I hate normal Kang but love zombie Kang. However, regardless of whether he makes the story or not in the next game he must be a playable character. I'd love a normal and zombie version of him in the game (preferably seperate characters rather than sharing a character slot).

b) Well the reason I wanted two Kang's was primarily for a different move set. Normal Liu can keep most of his stuff but it would be nice for zombie Kang for example to have darker moves and maybe one or two new moves (kinda reminds me of Ryu vs Evil Ryu). I don't look too much into the arcade endings tbh. There's so much contradiction if you try to link them all together so there are too many perspectives to look at it from. I quite like the idea of a darker Kang (as I've expressed 1000 times already lol).

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
I think 9.95 would give him only ONE nerf....

kill him again. lol
995 Phil ? He dislikes Kang?
@NKZero Being a Kang fan since 1992, I'd love to see him coming back in whatever form. I can see how people dislike normal Kang since he is a Bruce Lee-tribute character, which seemed to be cool in the early 90's but not so much now... So this is why I tend to the "Tyrant/Dark Kang" scenario. It should be interesting to see this happening and let's not forget how much it would mean to the MK franchise to make that kind of a story twist. It opens up ideas. Generally speaking, it would be nice to see alliances form (SubZero/Scorpion - even though Cyber Sub got destroyed by Sindel which makes me wonder IF & HOW can we see him in MK10, but that's another story) and people turn to the other side. Me, personally, Iwould like to see Tyrant Kang, protector of Earth Realm being ruthless against Earth's enemies (Quan Chi, Reiko, Shinnok, etc) but also enigmatic/mysterious when confronting his allies (Kai, Sonya, Cage) so that MK10 won't be just an MK4-Deadly Alliance-Deception remake/reboot.

NKZero

Noob
995 Phil ? He dislikes Kang?
@NKZero Being a Kang fan since 1992, I'd love to see him coming back in whatever form. I can see how people dislike normal Kang since he is a Bruce Lee-tribute character, which seemed to be cool in the early 90's but not so much now... So this is why I tend to the "Tyrant/Dark Kang" scenario. It should be interesting to see this happening and let's not forget how much it would mean to the MK franchise to make that kind of a story twist. It opens up ideas. Generally speaking, it would be nice to see alliances form (SubZero/Scorpion - even though Cyber Sub got destroyed by Sindel which makes me wonder IF & HOW can we see him in MK10, but that's another story) and people turn to the other side. Me, personally, Iwould like to see Tyrant Kang, protector of Earth Realm being ruthless against Earth's enemies (Quan Chi, Reiko, Shinnok, etc) but also enigmatic/mysterious when confronting his allies (Kai, Sonya, Cage) so that MK10 won't be just an MK4-Deadly Alliance-Deception remake/reboot.
Yeah agreed that would be pretty cool. Tyrant Kang haha sounds awesome. I would play him for sure. As for Sub Zero, both forms are dead I guess. Sindel killed Cyber Sub, and Nightwolf kicked Noob into the soulnado. There are a lot of characters that are 'dead' haha. As I've said before though, I don't mind if you keep them out of the story.....just make them playable.

MK10's roster needs to have everyone from MK9 (bar Kratos and Freddy) plus the newer characters from the MK Deception and onwards period...

Tim Static

Adminerator
MK10's roster needs to have everyone from MK9 (bar Kratos and Freddy) plus the newer characters from the MK Deception and onwards period...
noooooo

no it doesnt "need" to, but its best if we all just act and pretend like those games never existed, even tho the opening sequence of MKDA was epic.

NKZero

Noob
noooooo

no it doesnt "need" to, but its best if we all just act and pretend like those games never existed, even tho the opening sequence of MKDA was epic.
I agree about the games not existing lol but surely you like some of the characters from those games no? We need variety. I miss the likes of Fujin, Mavado, Reiko etc etc.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
I lost interest to MK DA because my favorite character got killed (childish as it may sound), plus I got tired of the repetitive story and the Deception & Armageddon bosses. I don't find weird-polygon like monsters that do katas (!?!?!) and martial arts not nearly as fascinating as sorcerers (Shang Tsung & Quan Chi) and Outworld bosses (Kahn). Shinnok's style and appearance was OK I guess, but then again I couldn't stop hating the Tsung-like imitation of other characters' specials. Those were really lazy designs/ideas on Midway's part and contributed a lot to MK's downfall (2003+) in my opinion. Plus the constant resurrection, reappearance and "I'm not quite dead yet" (Monty Python tribute?) of several characters. One of the major reasons that made MK9 such a hit was the story mode. MK vs DC was way silly and cheesy, but nevertheless a good start. MK9's story was the MK movie the fans NEVER saw... ;)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I think they should add a monkey in MK10,teach it to shoot fireballs and do bicycle and fullscreen kicks and you have an improved and smarter liu kang.

think about the hitbox advantage.

AssassiN

Noob
The zombie idea in MK:Deception was lame, was glad they put in an alt normal costume for Liu.
For MK10 I think Liu should come back with a vengeance against Raiden, maybe have a dark Liu instead of dark Raiden.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
The zombie idea in MK:Deception was lame, was glad they put in an alt normal costume for Liu.
For MK10 I think Liu should come back with a vengeance against Raiden, maybe have a dark Liu instead of dark Raiden.
Now we're talking! "Come back with a vengeance" would mean that Kang is EarthRealm's enemy now, or just neutral like Scorpion? I have a bitter-sweet taste towards zombie Kang. It was something different but I see Tyrant Kang being a great idea .
Creating that kind of Liu Kang would also mean "bye-bye same old same specials" and maybe present something new for a change. :)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Now we're talking! "Come back with a vengeance" would mean that Kang is EarthRealm's enemy now, or just neutral like Scorpion? I have a bitter-sweet taste towards zombie Kang. It was something different but I see Tyrant Kang being a great idea .
Creating that kind of Liu Kang would also mean "bye-bye same old same specials" and maybe present something new for a change. :)
EXACTLY. I fucking HATE mixup-happy Bruce Lee Liu Kang. I really do. He has too easy of a goddamn time with it.
I think he got too collectively pissed off in Story Mode not to come back and destroy everyone with sorcery and flames.
Fuck, if Shang stays dead and they don't bring him back as a Bo Rai Cho good guy, give him his playstyle. Fireballs, sorcery and evil. Like Raiden in MKD when he got sick of saving everybody: He got fucked over, blown off and murdered, and now he wants his vengeance.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
EXACTLY. I fucking HATE mixup-happy Bruce Lee Liu Kang. I really do. He has too easy of a goddamn time with it.
I think he got too collectively pissed off in Story Mode not to come back and destroy everyone with sorcery and flames.
Fuck, if Shang stays dead and they don't bring him back as a Bo Rai Cho good guy, give him his playstyle. Fireballs, sorcery and evil. Like Raiden in MKD when he got sick of saving everybody: He got fucked over, blown off and murdered, and now he wants his vengeance.
Let's hope Boon's team don't bring Kung Lao, Shang Tsung, BOTH SubZeros, Jax, Kabal and CO back to life like they did on previous games... If it is that we'll miss some of the classic characters for the sake of a strong story mode(mk10), so be it.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I'm fine with leaving Kang out of MK10, just add Mickey Mouse as DLC so you don't have to fire his voice actor.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Dark Liu or bust.
I'm talking leather jacket and glowing red eyes. Instant S tier.
Leather jacket? They should put player-specific music intros in MK10 as well... The top gun theme should play during Dark Kang's entrance and his pre-fight line to the opponent should be "Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash!" :p

Beast3

Theres No Escape
Anyone else think it would be cool to have a story in MK10 where a new realm is incorporated? That way 5-6 new characters can easily be put in to the game. Completely new/original moves, different play styles, back stories, etc. Then for all the Kang users, maybe a "new Kang" can be used. Similar play style but new moves, new name, and new look.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Faster normals.
More mix-up options.
1 frame Parry.
Needs moar Bruce-Lee screams.
I'm missing something. I just know it...