What's new

MK1 - Recommended team Sinergies

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Most ppl are having a hard time finding a suitable Kameo for their character, use this thread to share the best team Sinergies you've seen or found yourself.

What is team Sinergy?
A: Team Sinergy is the result of a Kameo implementation that best suit your character, allowing your Main to have a lot of utility beyond combo extensions/damage, and add mixups overall, or other capabilities that your main cannot do it on it's own.

Some characters are fine on their own, and some Kameo are very sinergetic, while others take a while to find the right character for it, here is some of the examples i've seen and found myself.

Main: Scorpion (Excellent damage game without the help of kameos and already good combo structure on his own)
Best Partner: Cyrax (adds 50-50 mixups making B3 a comboable tool and a safe offense, ambush air juggles into extenders)
Alt Partner: Jax (air grab allows to combo from air Yank meterless, give scorpion MK9 cyrax resets by ambushing ground pounds during a neutral jump kick ex teleport into spear loops doing inescapable reset damage)

Main: Li Mei (Has a low combo starter on her own accord and can do meterless damage on a good launcher, as an overhead flip kick that knocks down and forces characters to stand at certain ranges allows for brief opening of her low to do the rest)
Best partner: Scorpion (gives the overhead flip kick a launcher allowing her to have a 50-50 like MKX with both being safe, fist flurry launches midscreen
Alt Partner: Jax (Controls the ground while Li Mei controls the air, fist flurry corner repetition)

These are the current ones i'm playing, i will update the OP with your suggestions and as the game progresses things might take a different turn and have better discoveries.

Amirluc

Kaballin'
Reptile and scorpion work pretty well together. Some of his strings put the opponent in the air but not a pop up… scorpion can easily extend those like f2,1,1 with far scorpion flame

Reptile and scorpion work pretty well together. Some of his strings put the opponent in the air but not a pop up… scorpion can easily extend those like f2,1,1 with far scorpion flame
thats one of my teams too. but scorpion seems to be good with everyone, i also liked him with raiden. raiden i play with sektor now to set up mixups with rocket lockdown and extend his launching capabilities.

I see her getting an undeserved nerf with the boomerangs. There are already holes in that attack that the opponent could interrupt if they just lab it out.
I think the main issue is it's just a "do everything".

Right now very few people maxing out their Kameo useage. So many are just sitting on meter when they could be using it in neutral or to make strings safe/+. Or hell to wakeup without burning EX (my understanding is that most kameo wakeups are better than armored reversals). Most have just found one really really good use for one of the kameo's options and are just using that.

Sareena, in that environment, is super easy to use because the blades are a great cover all. They're the closest thing this game has to a "beam" assist, meaning it can punish other kameos, it's a pain to deal with, good combo filler, projectile that starts combos, and doesn't murder the bar regen.

I think her normal projectile and meter drain are being slept on heavily, but I'm waiting for the normal release so I can only comment on what i've seen (calling her during throws and other locked animations to drain at least a bar).

Point being, while I could see it eating a slight nerf, just so people actually use her normal projectile more, I don't think now's the time to hit it hard. She might wind up even more bonkers, but I feel like just about every kameo has something "busted" they can do. Honestly I'm more worried about kung lao (low hat is disgusting and teleports are crazy) and goro (people are only using his raise the roof call right now, and it is nuts, but I think there's more) in the long run.

Edit-

Oh shit on topic:

Reiko + Stryker is already looking nasty, and I suspect it's the same for anyone else with a command grab/good mixup game. I'm curious to see if sektor fits this roll to, using flamethrower to standing reset and ensure a command grab/mixup.

Rain + kano. As many have noticed rain has zoning tools that don't exactly zone. Kano helping with his "default" zoning might just close the gaps he needs to setup his nonsense. Not sure who else can help here, but the ambush projectile strikes me as pretty big.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Goro is Tanya's dream kameo. Lets her keep everything safe, converts her armor into full kombo, and gives her a 50/50 tick throw off her b1 into full kombo.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Kitana + Sub, Goro, or Scorpion. Still fiddling with options, but here's the basics:

Sub-Zero
  • Kitana is weirdly very bad at projectile wars. Sub-Zero allows her to autopilot straight through these.
  • Freeze for combos. Easy peasy and not much else to say.
  • Oh wait, nevermind. Definitely more to say because Freeze can allow for guaranteed Wind Bomb trap setups.
  • Cold Shoulder has fantastic invuln frames on wakeup, is a great "get off me" move, and knocks super far away. It's a mid and safe as hell to toss out for coverage in neutral too.
Scorpion
  • Flame Breath is a godsend for combo potential. It takes Kitana from 28-31% BnBs up to 35-39% BnBs off just about every hit confirm. Just grounded string into Pirouette into Flame Breath and keep it going.
  • Spear is a fantastic get out of jail free move with its distance gained and armor. However, a LOT of characters have charge attacks in this game so don't be tossing this out wildly.
  • Overhead swords allow for great damage output and if you're feeling frisky, give a risky overhead option on a character with 0 overheads.
Goro
  • Toss makes for great combo potential. More importantly, Kitana has 0 overhead pressure and is full of Highs. Toss puts the fear of the elder gods in people by countering all the neutral ducking and low blocking. Phenomenal conditioning tool.
  • Stomp is Stomp. Can't complain having a guaranteed unblockable 9% damage added on top of combos.
  • Up Punch is just fucking stupid and I need everyone to understand that. I get they made Goro reduce your health by 50 because of the Stomp, but I think THIS is the better argument for the health loss. It's a combo tool for those with built-in launchers (which duh, Fan Lift), has silly screen coverage due to its distance options, and makes everything wildly plus on block. Degenerate ass move.
I think in the end, Goro will be my go-to for most matchups. For zone wars, I'll swap to Sub-Zero. For giga pressure characters, I'm unsure as Sub gets Cold Shoulder while Scorpion gets spear retreat.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Ashrah: Scorpion Kameo. With his overhead popup you can hyper extend her combos from any of her strings, gives her crazy range for full combos too. Plus it looks swaggy.