What's new

MK1 PC Requirements

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Experimental mode for 60 fps works fine, thou its not finished and sometimes it will desync online fights. This will be adressed in upcoming patches.

As for stuttering during pre-rendered scenes there is a bug which makes GPU switch to lower power mode, downclocking core which makes frame time rise. Simple solution for this is to run something like AfterBurner and manually set GPU freq. Works without fail. This will also be adressed in upcoming patch.
This could be why I can't run it as my specs can run it according to PCBenchmarks.

Here is a screenshot of my specs. I posted on Reddit for help trying to figure out why I couldn't run it-> https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/16j5122

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
How you feeling about the pc port? Anyone have a comparive view between mk11 pc port?
How does your online matches feel?
The comparison is unfair because the MK11 port was always a bit iffy when it first came out, then got iron out with patches.

Currently, the game is perfectly playable on PC. The problem is when the game locks the framerate in intros/outros/fatalities. It seems to be dropping to 5-25 fps and I'm pretty sure that's due to bad optimization. If you don't mind that, the gameplay is perfectly solid.

Immortal

Blind justice....
This could be why I can't run it as my specs can run it according to PCBenchmarks.

Here is a screenshot of my specs. I posted on Reddit for help trying to figure out why I couldn't run it-> https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/16j5122
What do you mean by you cant run it? Any error? Poor performance?

Post your graphics settings in game if poor performance is the problem. Thou youre runing on a pretty weak laptop, it should be enough to run the game with moderate settings.

Like was said here before only pre-rendered scenes have problems, which will be fixed soon and there are workarounds.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
No, not really. I know that the first patch is around the corner but as far as i remember only bug fixes(one of them is for the stuttering). Its always bug fixes first and features later. Thou as the 60 fps mode almost works now it shouldn't be long.
I’ve seen people talk about it but no one seems to have any instructions on doing it if it’s even possible yet 60fps wise

Immortal

Blind justice....
I’ve seen people talk about it but no one seems to have any instructions on doing it if it’s even possible yet 60fps wise
You should read the whole thread, i've already answered that. ;)

It's blocked in live version right now, it works in the QA version to which some people like me and several others have access to. It will be in live version once few bugs are ironed out(desync in online mostly).

BanTheTesters

You should read the whole thread, i've already answered that. ;)

It's blocked in live version right now, it works in the QA version to which some people like me and several others have access to. It will be in live version once few bugs are ironed out(desync in online mostly).
I read the thread bud I was saying in general

Dr. Cheesesteak

pygophile and podophile
Matches and everything run fine for me. But the loading times are unbearable. Matches take 30 secs to load.

I've stared at a black screen when connecting to someone, just to be unable to connect and I get the L. But it's not my actual internet connection. Does the game just force a disconnect if it's taking too long to connect to another player? Do we both get Ls? Wtf.

BanTheTesters

Anyone ese having issues with Vsync turning itself back on randomly ?
Scratch that just double checked after a late night mk1 session and yep it’s on…that was the first thing I turned off when I stated and it’s back on again now..

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
What do you mean by you cant run it? Any error? Poor performance?

Post your graphics settings in game if poor performance is the problem. Thou youre runing on a pretty weak laptop, it should be enough to run the game with moderate settings.

Like was said here before only pre-rendered scenes have problems, which will be fixed soon and there are workarounds.
Legit can't run it and the game is legit pretty much goes ot shit if I try to actually play it's okay during cutscenes and just being on menus though. I also was at a cafe where the PCs they had were pretty much the same in how many cores but had a similar driver to me. The game ran like a dream on it. I was shooting for medium settings anyway. I'll try and get a screencap of that if the game chooses to behave. I hope I don't have to pay 300 bucks for an i7 core 9700.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
There are also tons of visual glitches.

Doing Reiko's slide attack repeatedly can leave him with a screaming mouth for the next 5 seconds.

One of Havik's brutalities causes the opponent's head to float to the air instead of mother earth claiming it via gravity.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Legit can't run it and the game is legit pretty much goes ot shit if I try to actually play it's okay during cutscenes and just being on menus though. I also was at a cafe where the PCs they had were pretty much the same in how many cores but had a similar driver to me. The game ran like a dream on it. I was shooting for medium settings anyway. I'll try and get a screencap of that if the game chooses to behave. I hope I don't have to pay 300 bucks for an i7 core 9700.
I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with your CPU, if anything it's a problem with your GPU. Maybe check if the game actually uses the dedicated NV GPU and not the integrated (Intel) one. Hard to tell/help you if i can't see it.

There are also tons of visual glitches.

Doing Reiko's slide attack repeatedly can leave him with a screaming mouth for the next 5 seconds.

One of Havik's brutalities causes the opponent's head to float to the air instead of mother earth claiming it via gravity.
Yeah, there is a ton of visual glitches but its not a PC version issue, it's the game issue, seen the same problems on consoles.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with your CPU, if anything it's a problem with your GPU. Maybe check if the game actually uses the dedicated NV GPU and not the integrated (Intel) one. Hard to tell/help you if i can't see it.

Yeah, there is a ton of visual glitches but its not a PC version issue, it's the game issue, seen the same problems on consoles.
How can I figure that out?

Toruko61

Noob
How can I figure that out?
right click desktop -> nvidia control panel -> left top side "manage 3d settings". u can change it globally or pick mk1.exe at the "program settings" tab.
one of the options is for which gpu is going to be used (should be automatic)

BanTheTesters

I put this in the general “post” thread but in case you didn’t see it, Mk1 on pc update: the devs have acknowledged the issue with the current pc version:

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I put this in the general “post” thread but in case you didn’t see it, Mk1 on pc update: the devs have acknowledged the issue with the current pc version:

That's nice, it's been in the Steam page of the game since the 16th. But what I want to see is unlocked framerate in menus, Invasion, Intros, FBs, and Fatalities.

Can't trust PC ports these days . Am sticking to console ports for now. The Xbox series x port runs smoothly. Hopefully PC ports gets more love down the road.

Monitor question here for MK1 -PC

What would give you/me the smoothest MK1 experience if running the game on 60fps.
I'm trying to get the pc as smooth as ps5.
GPU and CPU considerations aside.

I have a 1140p 144hrz monitor.
What refreshrate and resolution should I run the game at:

1080p and 60hrz
1080p 120hrz
1440p 60hrz
1440 120hrz
1440p 144hrz

Frames matching refresh rate allows for best visual smoothness no?
So with the game capped at 60fps what is thebest choice here?

Opinions plz :)

Can't trust PC ports these days . Am sticking to console ports for now. The Xbox series x port runs smoothly. Hopefully PC ports gets more love down the road.
This year has been really bad for PC ports. It's a constant rant of Digital Foundry's.

Interestingly, the Xbox Series X version of the game appears to be the best performing console version. Both it and the PlayStation 5 are native 2160p with dynamic resolution scaling, but the PS5 kicks that in more, meaning the Series X has a higher average resolution.

Not the most notable thing in practice, but still interesting non-the-less.