What's new

MK1 Patch Notes

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
some of the QOL stuff is good, the wifi stuff and being able to pin moves is great, being able ti mute incoming voice chat is a mega win, the much faster shrine.... .... not happy about the Shujinko nuff though...

I think NRS went to hard. I would have preferred the other kamoes and rosters be buffed...

Last edited:
Major issue here-

Many low tier players used high tier kameos to be viable, so to nerf top kameos there is an inherent need to buff lower tier chars that were relying on them. (Shout out to double low tiers)
Sub had kung lao, and cyrax for damage, now he basically got nerfed.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Major issue here-

Many low tier players used high tier kameos to be viable, so to nerf top kameos there is an inherent need to buff lower tier chars that were relying on them. (Shout out to double low tiers)
Sub had kung lao, and cyrax for damage, now he basically got nerfed.
Correct!

But there is good news!

Ashrah still does 43%+ per combo.

Kung Lao still does 33% from plus on block armor.

No changes to Cage's oppressive pressure.

No changes to Kenshi's Sento.

Kung Lao (kameo) has received a couple of seconds of cooldown on low hat while Cyrax has received like 10+ seconds of cooldown on helicopter.

Textbook definition of tier shifting and a predictable meta.

If you are going to nerf stuff, stop being selective and nerf everything.

People will be temporarily happy due to the nerfs to Cyrax and by extension Baraka and Raiden, but this patch sucks.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Online is already much more enjoyable not facing Cyrax +OB 7 out of every 10 matches. This is what nerfing should always be like. Removing obvious garbage so the game can play the way it was likely intended to be played.
Naw, this nerf was too hard. Cyrax would've been fine with the recently perfect block change along with a regen rate nerf. NO ASSIST OUTRIGHT SHOULD TAKE 1 FULL BAR.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
The General always had damage, that is why he was in top 16

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Are there online rooms yet? Can't really see myself playing the game until they are I've dropped this game faster than MK11 and I actively disliked almost everything about that game.

Flawless block removing chip damage AND meter gain is the dumbest change ever. Some characters are easier to flawless block than others and the meta has shifted to favoring characters that are harder to flawless block (i.e. Johnny Fucking Cage). Tanya F2,11 for example, I can flawless block in my sleep. But at least you still gained meter. Now you gain nothing, no chip, no meter, just wasting time. Your only hope is to play like a degenerate and throw out special moves to make your opponent think twice about flawless blocking.

Meanwhile Johnny makes out like a bandit with his stagger pressure and plus frames building meter and doing chip unless you want to make a godlike flawless block attempt. GGs. Flawless block will ensure some characters will struggle more than others I guarantee it.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Someone told me that cheap bullshit in Invasions has been nerfed.

Can anyone verify how that mode fares?

Is the A.I. still almost fully armored?

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Should’ve just buffed the weaker kameos to be at cyrax lao level to be worth picking. This ain’t it chief. Cyrax/Lao gave you that ceiling to say “okay we have the best here let’s bring the other kameos to this level” But nrs tore that ceiling down and now the kameos are still weak and we are left with a gutted cyrax all for what? He had to suffer because the other kameos aren’t worth using?

goro is my kameo btw.

Should’ve just buffed the weaker kameos to be at cyrax lao level to be worth picking. This ain’t it chief. Cyrax/Lao gave you that ceiling to say “okay we have the best here let’s bring the other kameos to this level” But nrs tore that ceiling down and now the kameos are still weak and we are left with a gutted cyrax all for what? He had to suffer because the other kameos aren’t worth using?

goro is my kameo btw.
a great change for goro would be to give punchwalk ANY purpose