What's new

MK1 Johnny Cage Guaranteed Reset with Cyrax

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
I'm sorry Johnny gang. As a fellow Johnny/Cyrax enthusiast, I hate to post what's probably the thing that gets this team nerfed. But here it is,

This can be done off of basically any hit if you have hype meter. If you catch them with a stray net, you can build full hype, do a safe strike throw mixup, combo into net again and do this. It's insanely cheap

Here's my previous video of some more J/C nastiness:

NRS, if you see this... he needs it ;)

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I'm sorry Johnny gang. As a fellow Johnny/Cyrax enthusiast, I hate to post what's probably the thing that gets this team nerfed. But here it is,

This can be done off of basically any hit if you have hype meter. If you catch them with a stray net, you can build full hype, do a safe strike throw mixup, combo into net again and do this. It's insanely cheap

Really? "He needs it"? Like, I can't believe just how baffled some people can make me. "He needs it". God, it makes me so angry.

It's "He needz it".

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I dont think the strike throw setup is safe, if you go for a throw, you can D2 both Johnny and Cyrax.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
I dont think the strike throw setup is safe, if you go for a throw, you can D2 both Johnny and Cyrax.
Oh, interesting. You could prolly let go of the explosion earlier to try and catch that, but then it wouldn't be an auto confirm. Good to know

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Looks more of a Cyrax issue to me, but I guess this is the only situation in the entire game where someone would actually get hit by the full charge FB, so if they just remove the unblockable part noone will probably care.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Oh, interesting. You could prolly let go of the explosion earlier to try and catch that, but then it wouldn't be an auto confirm. Good to know
you can go for a normal strike throw setup off of like 1/2 on block and then pop them up with Cyrax's throw, no? its all very strong, its just that one piece that I think there's a tiny hole for escape :laughing::laughing:

i dont get it. how is this a reset when you attack after the net is gone? cant the opponent block?

edit: ah its unblockable, i see

Roosta

Noob
Cant they just armor out right before the grab reset (right after NP~cyrax bomb)? or am I fucking up the timing?