What's new

MK Trilogy Trailer

ded

Elder God
Some of you may not know that at first mktrilogy was planned to have different options menu, different character select screen and less characters. while searching some stuff on my cds i found this old mkt trailer and decided to upload and post it here. it can cause some itnerest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1VHiLs5yIg

awesome shit ^_^, to the Museum xD... i saw some pictures of the "select mode" (2on 2, tournament, etc.) and never seen a choose your fighter screen, thanks ded_ to show this to us ^_^

krsx

Noob
Interesting to see, though I think I've seen a few of the screens (probably from this very trailer) on the internet before.

One question; why is it that in all these trailers the people playing the game suck ass?

dreemernj

Ambassador
Very cool stuff. I remember seeing this so long ago. Thanks for finding and uploading it.

I still wonder what drove them to essentially rebuild the game. That footage looks like MK3 for PSX, MK3 for Windows and UMK3 for Saturn, just with a couple of added characters. It uses that styel graphic (character size, energy bar placement etc), but for some reason they opted to change it quite a bit.

The reasons that pop into my head are that that engine isn't great (UMK3 for Saturn is heinous) and that they weren't adding enough characters to the game that way. But who knows.

ded

Elder God
yes, i also think its based on mk3 pc win/psx. the interesting stuff for me was that there were fanmade fake pics of noob and rain at the character select screen for mk2 and they use excact same pics for the mkt character select screen lol