What's new

General/Other - Reptile Milky Situation is the Reptile of the WORLD

Marvaz

come at me
Milky was the highlight of the tournament. he was so worried about running into subzero he practically forced me to run nothing but the sub vs reptile match up about a 1000 times. He played one sub player Marvas and completely bodied him. Justice league member in top 8.
I got destroyed by the monitors. Please someone post the video. You can clearly see how begginer like i play almost as bad as lionheart.Sooo not used to them. Anyone whos ever played me online can tell you that was NOT even remotely close to my potential. Kept getting jumpin into b2 when i was inputting b12 etc But good shit @Milkman you avenged your money match from 3 years ago lol @CitizenSnips

Last edited:

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
I got destroyed by the monitors. Please someone post the video. You can clearly see how begginer like i play almost as bad as lionheart.Sooo not used to them. Anyone whos ever played me online can tell you that was NOT even remotely close to my potential. Kept getting jumpin into b2 when i was inputting b12 etc But good shit @Milkman you avenged your money match from 3 years ago lol @CitizenSnips
Not disrespecting you brah. Just saying what happened. Didn't know the monitors gave you a hard time. Some of them can be funky. It looked like to me you just didn't know the MU. Id have to watch it again.If you think I'm bad that's cool. Don't really care. This thread is about the best reptile player.

If the Reptile community put as much effort into the lab as they do with the downplaying, they might aspire to the power levels of Ofidyan and MilkMan one day.

Something very enjoyable about Reptile in this game, he seems very MK 9ish as a character. The way he is played.

Marvaz

come at me
Ic
Not disrespecting you brah. Just saying what happened. Didn't know the monitors gave you a hard time. Some of them can be funky. It looked like to me you just didn't know the MU. Id have to watch it again.If you think I'm bad that's cool. Don't really care. This thread is about the best reptile player.
Just to give you a better perspective. In my pool i almost lost every single match to randoms cause of the monitors. Plus i was using somebody else's pad so that didn't help either. Ive actually played Milky a couple times on his stream and won every time. Sub owns reptile 6.5-3.5 imo. But its over milky got top 8 congrats to him. He's the reptile of the world. Plus he's cool as shit, one of the nicest down to earth ppl i have met in the fgc. Even in 2012 lol.

Levaranoia

War God
Ic

Just to give you a better perspective. In my pool i almost lost every single match to randoms cause of the monitors. Plus i was using somebody else's pad so that didn't help either. Ive actually played Milky a couple times on his stream and won every time. Sub owns reptile 6.5-3.5 imo. But its over milky got top 8 congrats to him. He's the reptile of the world. Plus he's cool as shit, one of the nicest down to earth ppl i have met in the fgc. Even in 2012 lol.
I dunno man. Reading this being an outside observer, I just see a bunch of excuses. I've seen Lionheart play on miky's stream and he's a solid sub that has made Milky rage lol. You can't really say that just cause you beat him ONLINE that you'd definitely handle him offline. No reason to take pot shots at people. If you were having problems with the monitor then I would assume that would effect the other person as well.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I dunno man. Reading this being an outside observer, I just see a bunch of excuses. I've seen Lionheart play on miky's stream and he's a solid sub that has made Milky rage lol. You can't really say that just cause you beat him ONLINE that you'd definitely handle him offline. No reason to take pot shots at people. If you were having problems with the monitor then I would assume that would effect the other person as well.
More like if you were having problems with monitors that have been the standard for almost a decade then you need to reconsider whether you're an actual fighting game competitor because there is 100% no excuse for complaining about monitors.

RagingRicans

NetBattles
More like if you were having problems with monitors that have been the standard for almost a decade then you need to reconsider whether you're an actual fighting game competitor because there is 100% no excuse for complaining about monitors.
When you're an online warrior its difficult to adjust to an offline setting sometimes. The slightest difference in timing can throw players off.

Marvaz

come at me
This wasn't an excuse. It was a response to the passive aggressive post lion heart guy made. Im done talking about it. @CitizenSnips why didn't you come to evo bro? Haven't seen you since 2012

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
When you're an online warrior its difficult to adjust to an offline setting sometimes. The slightest difference in timing can throw players off.
This game is by far the least execution intensive. We're talking about monitors here, if you don't have a proper monitor you have no business going to tournaments.

And playing online doesn't suddenly make you braindamaged enough to not go into practice for a few hours.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
This wasn't an excuse. It was a response to the passive aggressive post lion heart guy made. Im done talking about it. @CitizenSnips why didn't you come to evo bro? Haven't seen you since 2012
2011*

I actually signed up and everything, I was in PL's pool and if I won my first match I would have faced him next lol. I had some stuff going on and wasn't sure if I could make it to Vegas so I decided to not go. In the process of job interviews and stuff and didn't want to fuck it up.

Also, I agree that Sub beats Reptile. I feel like it's a pretty bad matchup for Reptile. I'm pretty dookie at this game but pretty much since the game has been out Sub has been the toughest matchup for me. And about the monitors, I do agree that sometimes it's hard to adjust to. If you don't have time to adjust to the specific monitor it can take a round or two to get used to it. I don't think it's necessarily a "play offline" type of thing as I've seen it happen before in tournaments to people who regularly attend offline stuff.

@Milkman since you are now sponsored, which tournament will you be attending next? Summer Jam?

Gravelands

Cory, Trevor, smokes. Let's go.
This game is by far the least execution intensive. We're talking about monitors here, if you don't have a proper monitor you have no business going to tournaments.

And playing online doesn't suddenly make you braindamaged enough to not go into practice for a few hours.
While I don't disagree, I got crushed at TOTFC in VA because of the weird delay when a monitor is hooked up and streaming the way it was. I only had about 30 minutes worth of getting used to it before the SoVA crew rolled up and pretty much commandeered every open seat, and they just kept rotating who's playing despite my asking to jump in several times before the start. Not at all bitching about that at all, just noting that while offline and online are clearly night and day, it's also important to know that there may be even more of a difference between your standard offline play and tournament offline play simply because of technology reasons.

Bilbo11

Noob
What monitors do most tournament use? it the difference that much that it could make or break your game?

..I might start a thread about this, its very interesting

Gravelands

Cory, Trevor, smokes. Let's go.
What monitors do most tournament use? it the difference that much that it could make or break your game?

..I might start a thread about this, its very interesting
It's not so much about the brand or anything like that, though one of my first tournies the monitors were 120hz and I wasn't used to the clarity of that at all. It's simply that in some cases (or all cases in my experience), if they're streaming the fights, there's a noticeable input delay akin to online, but not as bad.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
He's put in the work and it shows. He played perfectly and I am just so hyped right now. Everyone who knew him from MK9 knew he was amazing he just never could make it out to offline tournies. I know we've got some other good Reptile players here hopefully this will inspire everyone to get better. Please keep this thread up for him to see, and all Hail our Reptilian Overlord.

@LionHeart V1
@Milkman
@Shady
@AoK Ryan
What tournament was this? When did this happen? I am so lost to what your talking about?

Other than Milky played really well in some tournament.