What's new

Mileena Guide: Gameplan, Kameos and Kombos!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
FOR YOUR QUEEN!

Archetype: High damage rushdown with space control sprinkled in.
Strengths: Damage, movement, anti-zoning, easy hit confirms, safe, good block pressure.

Weaknesses: Stubby, no good mid, have to condition with overheads A LOT, no low starter, confusing AF special directions. DB, BD, DF, DB, like who tf made this decision? I just wanna talk.
Frame data error: EX Sai Toss (BF1) costs 2 bars, not 1.

GAMEPLAN

Because she's so stubby, you generally don't want to throw shit out there. If you want to whiff punish, use F24 which is slow enough it's not super hard to hit confirm, but you need to hit the lab to understand the range.

Her F1 is a bit of an advancing mid, but it's 13 frames and the follow up knocks down. So good look hit confirming one hit. It's really not that great, not even to stagger on block. If you want to use it, use the full F144 string for the low knockdown pressure.

In neutral you want to be using her Sai projectiles, but understand that the range is limited. They work well on jumping opponents, or if you want to stop their approach from close to mid screen range. Mix with low Sai on block if you feeling gangster, or better yet, after having conditioned them to block standing. You can also catch them off guard with an ex straight sai toss, however if they block it, it's hela punishable and you'll be right in their face. However, if it lands, you can combo off of it and it's juicy damage. The safe thing is to do it in a string on hit, however, live a little.

Her 12 string is also really good, the second and third hits reach pretty far and it's super easy to hit confirm since it's two buttons but 3 hits, you can hit that special on the third hit, AND the last two hits are overheads so practice hit confirming it into a full combo because that is where most of your damage will come from. You can also do 121+3 on block and that last hit that knocks down is not only safe on block because of the pushback, but it'll catch a lot of people off guard and it does quite a bit of damage.

F4 is the star of the show, it's an AMAZING meaty and it will beat armored wake ups. It advances and is an overhead so it's one of the best moves to condition your opponent to block standing so you can hit that F24 low combo.

S34 is safe on block, so really great for up close pressure.

Her down teleport DB2 is AMAZING for anti zoning. It's a bit slow to start, but quick enough you can react to them throwing projectiles full screen, especially if it's slow to recover on their end. Such as Sub's ice ball, Reptile's force ball, Shang's fireballs, Raiden's lightning chargers if he charges them. If it hits you're +10000 and you can do whatever you want with them so go crazy. Usually best to follow up with 12.

F34 is good for combo'ing into because it'll give you the highest damage, but it's slow and stubby as hell and doesn't advance her forward too much. Still better than F1 though.

GOOD KAMEOS

Scorpion: Combo extensions + an overhead you don't really need. But, he has a good neutral reset tool.
Sub-Zero: Combo extensions + shoulder charge that's amazing block pressure and puts you at perfect distance for a F24. Projectile immunity, but do you really need that with her? Not really.
*Sonya: Combo off of strings that you shouldn't be able to like j122 ground bounce, but you can also squeeze out more damage from her enhanced ball roll. You can actually send the air Sonya assist at the end of it, and it'll hit. However, Mileena doesn't recover quick enough to do anything about it sadly. This also works with Darrius and Scorpion Kameos.
Darrius: Harder to use because of timing, but good for combo extensions and he allows you to combo off Mileena's EX ball roll AND her back throw with his R1 assist.
Sareena: Potato damage if you're lazy I guess (YOU MAKE ME SICK).

KOMBOS
This will be ever changing for this game I feel like, but here's what I use personally, feel free to adapt it with your Kameo.

Kameoless:
12xx EX DF2, J122, Dash, 21xxDB4, J22xxDB4, EX BD4 (or F4 if you have 1 bar) - 41-42% (best route so far)

Last edited:

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Can you post those Darrius setups? Right now I'm only using Frost assist since she's my favorite. I don't know how viable it is on actual good players, but I like to end all my combos with f+4, then dash up and either b+3 Ground Freeze, grab, or b+3,4. Again, I don't know if it's good or not, but it seems to be an annoying Low/OH/Grab guessing game.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Very good stuff.

I'd personally like to advocate for Sektor kameo because Up Rocket is straight nasty. After ending any BnB with F4, you can time the rocket in a way that lets you meaty with 12 (the overhead will catch them before they can press anything), it jails into the rocket, which then jails into another 12. Other than low poke, if they try and press anything during any of that, they get hit, and I get a full combo. And if they do try mashing low poke, I can replace the second 12 with F1 and catch them with that instead.

And even in neutral, putting out a rocket after a blockstring makes it very awkward for the opponent to get their own offense going, because if the rocket hits them, I get another combo. It's gotten to the point in some sets where once that rocket is in play they just stop moving entirely and I can start my pressure again for damn near free.

He may not be the best Kameo, but God damn, he's fun.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Can you post those Darrius setups? Right now I'm only using Frost assist since she's my favorite. I don't know how viable it is on actual good players, but I like to end all my combos with f+4, then dash up and either b+3 Ground Freeze, grab, or b+3,4. Again, I don't know if it's good or not, but it seems to be an annoying Low/OH/Grab guessing game.
I show it here around 13:20

Very good stuff.

I'd personally like to advocate for Sektor kameo because Up Rocket is straight nasty. After ending any BnB with F4, you can time the rocket in a way that lets you meaty with 12 (the overhead will catch them before they can press anything), it jails into the rocket, which then jails into another 12. Other than low poke, if they try and press anything during any of that, they get hit, and I get a full combo. And if they do try mashing low poke, I can replace the second 12 with F1 and catch them with that instead.

And even in neutral, putting out a rocket after a blockstring makes it very awkward for the opponent to get their own offense going, because if the rocket hits them, I get another combo. It's gotten to the point in some sets where once that rocket is in play they just stop moving entirely and I can start my pressure again for damn near free.

He may not be the best Kameo, but God damn, he's fun.
That's insane lmfao guess we lab him today.

You can cancel F144, so I find it pretty easy to hit confirm into roll if the first hit connects.

I know everyone hating on Sareena, but I think specifically with Mileena she is a good pick (not saying the best, but a viable option). Not for the combo extender, but for the meter drain, and combined with certain moves, you can lock the opponent down and drain meter for a long time. You can keep your opponent from breaking consistently, and the meter drain works while your opponent is in the air as long as they are above the pool. Definitely useful in the clutch.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Kung Lao seems to compliment Mileena extremely well.

Not only easily enhances combo damage, but simple things like 34 (high then overhead) mix now with 3 back KL (low hat) for a true 5050 and the hat is plus on block if u guess wrong

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
To add to this list of kameo suggestions

I personally think after having a lot more time with the game now since launch and her pros/cons, the following kameos are her best

Goro, KL, Stryker, Jax, and Kano

Scorpion offers a ton of damage but nothing else. Damage isnt her issue.

You can obviously use any kameo and win but the above imo compliment her toolkit the best

Plop

Noob
It's probably common knowledge, I noticed last night that Sektor gives her a 50/50 after a after a f4 with uprocket. If timed right her sweep can combo into it then into a roll, but the roll is really hard to time imo. The game just wont let me buffer it.

Do any other kameos give her this? Or even a combo from her f4?

EDIT/ I've worked out that if I do a quick dash forward after my f4 knockdown, before my sweep and go into 12, it makes the conversion much easier. Don't get too much from the f4 option except resetting the situation, but it's still a nice mixup I reckon.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
It's probably common knowledge, I noticed last night that Sektor gives her a 50/50 after a after a f4 with uprocket. If timed right her sweep can combo into it then into a roll, but the roll is really hard to time imo. The game just wont let me buffer it.

Lao low hat restands.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?

Kanos knives add damage to her f4 that's all I can think of

ApexPredator1509

☕️ ☕️ ☕️

EDIT/ I've worked out that if I do a quick dash forward after my f4 knockdown, before my sweep and go into 12, it makes the conversion much easier. Don't get too much from the f4 option except resetting the situation, but it's still a nice mixup I reckon.
To further expand on this, you can go for a f4 knockdown, set up missile and go for a higher reward 50/50.
1-low sai- rocket works as a combo starter so the idea is to summon rocket on knockdown and as they get up they have to guess between:
12 easy confirm into ball roll
1~low sai-rocket hits ~ on block you’re plus, on hit you can link 121, might need to microdash to connect it though.
This is easier in the corner but consistent midscreen with practice. They’ll quickly start delaying wake up if they catch on so practice the delayed timing for the setup as well

they can mash d1 or armored on wake up to avoid this setup but you can condition them to block with f4 as that beats both

Last edited: