What's new

Combo List - Mileena Mileena Combo Thread (updated feb 2016)

I'll get right into my question/discussion starter
Most people especially people in the combo threads end the combo with b21-2+4 because it does the most damage. However there is another option b12-1+3 that only does slightly less damage (2-3% in a full combo) however it leaves the opponent standing.
Is the very slight reduction in damage worth it to avoid wake-up attacks? In what situation would you use each combo ender?

It is worth noting that mileena jumps away when using the standing reset ender so you cannot immediately follow-up as you can with other resets.

I'd appreciate any feedback or discussion. I'm very new to the forums and fighting games in general.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
What is Mileena's fastest normal to combo? IS it just neutral 21 into roll? I'm trying to find stuff to punish scorp tele and sub slide besides uppercut

roll isn't fast enough

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
What is Mileena's fastest normal to combo? IS it just neutral 21 into roll? I'm trying to find stuff to punish scorp tele and sub slide besides uppercut

roll isn't fast enough
2 is her fastest string starter but you can punish both those moves even with standing one. A Roll should connect 10/10 times.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Alright Ravenous players. I found a consistent way of attaining over 30% off an EX-Roll. Of course, this only works if they're still grounded.

EX-Roll, J3~Teleport~Air Sai, F2~Low/High Pounce (33%)

The trick is to connect the J3 as late as possible. You then have to Teleport as quick as possible. Everything after is straightforward. The timing isn't difficult. It's executing the Teleport as quick as possible which is the key.
I can't get Low pounce to connect after f2. I'll continue to try tomorrow.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
I'll get right into my question/discussion starter
Most people especially people in the combo threads end the combo with b21-2+4 because it does the most damage. However there is another option b12-1+3 that only does slightly less damage (2-3% in a full combo) however it leaves the opponent standing.
Is the very slight reduction in damage worth it to avoid wake-up attacks? In what situation would you use each combo ender?

It is worth noting that mileena jumps away when using the standing reset ender so you cannot immediately follow-up as you can with other resets.

I'd appreciate any feedback or discussion. I'm very new to the forums and fighting games in general.
It can be worth it, if I want to avoid dealing with wakeups because I'm not feeling on point I would end combos with B12-1+3 to keep them standing and reset to neutral. I will say you can actually get more damage with B12-1+3 if you do this combo: Starter, Roll, B3 xx Telekick xx Air Sai, B12-1+3, DD2
But its not as easy to land compared to: Starter,Roll, NJ2, B21-2+4.

I would mainly use the B21-2+4 combo ender mainly when:
- EX Roll is used in a combo
- Corner combos
- If I feel my execution start to slip in missing the other ender in the combo listed above
- If they have a slowish wakeup that can be stuffed by F1
- If I want to perform one of the best brutalities in the game, which is nearly always :p

B12-1+3 I would use as:
- If Ball Roll is used in a combo, midscreen damage is higher.
- Can't be bothered to deal with wakeups.
- If I have been controlling the neutral better than my opponent. Sometimes its easier to reset to the beginning than maintaining pressure.

Hope this helps.

Mileena does not suck. You are using her wrong. She is not a rushdown and mixup character. You will need to use throws. She is a whiff punisher with good zoning capabilities. That roll whiff punishes better then pretty much anything else. Its 7f, hits mid and launches. You can aa jumps all day with it and punish in your sleep.

She is not the best but she is not shinnok and goro tier
Honestly she is lower mid at the highest. She is too slow to whiff punish as you are suggesting. if she had faster normals that would apply. It is cool to see devotion to the character and I applaud all of what you all are doing, she is not that good. I think she is bottom 5. Kitana is a better Mileena. She gets the same damage meterless and can confirm full screen instant air fans. I've decided to stick it out with her, but things are not looking good. I catch people off guard with her because they don't know the match up. Her tele-kick can be parried and it puts you at a disadvantage on hit. You can win with her online all day, but offline is a different story. Things like a faster f3 and a low roll (which would not make her broken because you don't need to stand block anything except 2,1,u4 and f1 kick string) would make her more of a solid character that could place in tourneys. She still wouldn't be heavy on mix ups, but better. Her main issue is people don't have to play defense against her. They just need to duck block and wait for a f3 which you can react to offline by the way. One other thing is that her low pokes are slower than other characters. She is just a punishable YOLO character in a game with a lot of characters who can do the same or more and are not YOLO.

Just some things I've been utilizing for those sticking with her.

I've found the best ender for all combos is 2,1,u4 (untechable and +30). This allows you to apply wake up pressure and bait out wake ups. Her f1 timed can stuff wake ups. You can throw neutral jump, or use low meaties. Jump over 1 has a great hit box that can even hit behind her. This is my way to open up the f3. Be relentless on oki with different things and then out of nowhere use the f3. I try to set up one a match. You have to make people forget about f3. She also doesn't use meter in combos so If it is a winning round and they are about half life and you catch f3 combo just x ray. Of course against heavy rush down characters use MB roll only when pressure is too high and the attack is relentless. If you do it once they will respect your wake up so don't abuse it, becuase then it gets baited, so just wake up block, wake up throw or wake up poke. Final note, because jp, f3 does not combo, and everyone knows it, I can sneak this in and catch them off guard, but be sure to save your f3s.

Consistent combos I use
1,2,4 / 2,1 / f1,2, b4 / b1,2 / b2,2/ f2,3 - roll b3,4, air sai run 2,1, u4. Timing is the key and the air sai must hit their leg for this to work. you can f4 into this combo as well but its really YOLO. 2,1 is kind of YOLO as well if they are blocking.

f,3,4,4 roll nj p 2,1, u4
f,3,4,3 tele kick, air sai run f2,3 roll 2,1,u4

You sacrifice damage playing this way, but it leads to more pressure and damage which Mileena has a hard time setting up. I think of it as pool where you are always trying to set up the next shot and saving the guarantees till the end. Only use meter when you have to and save for breaker and xray. I rarely use MB in combos or mix up because it is so YOLO, but sometimes it is necessary. I just play good defense, whiff punish, throw sai and punish jumps. I do fairly well against solid solid players.

Last edited:
Honestly she is lower mid at the highest. She is too slow to whiff punish as you are suggesting. if she had faster normals that would apply. It is cool to see devotion to the character and I applaud all of what you all are doing, she is not that good. I think she is bottom 5. Kitana is a better Mileena. She gets the same damage meterless and can confirm full screen instant air fans. I've decided to stick it out with her, but things are not looking good. I catch people off guard with her because they don't know the match up. Her tele-kick can be parried and it puts you at a disadvantage on hit. You can win with her online all day, but offline is a different story. Things like a faster f3 and a low roll (which would not make her broken because you don't need to stand block anything except 2,1,u4 and f1 kick string) would make her more of a solid character that could place in tourneys. She still wouldn't be heavy on mix ups, but better. Her main issue is people don't have to play defense against her. They just need to duck block and wait for a f3 which you can react to offline by the way. One other thing is that her low pokes are slower than other characters. She is just a punishable YOLO character in a game with a lot of characters who can do the same or more and are not YOLO.

Just some things I've been utilizing for those sticking with her.

I've found the best ender for all combos is 2,1,u4 (untechable and +30). This allows you to apply wake up pressure and bait out wake ups. Her f1 timed can stuff wake ups. You can throw neutral jump, or use low meaties. Jump over 1 has a great hit box that can even hit behind her. This is my way to open up the f3. Be relentless on oki with different things and then out of nowhere use the f3. I try to set up one a match. You have to make people forget about f3. She also doesn't use meter in combos so If it is a winning round and they are about half life and you catch f3 combo just x ray. Of course against heavy rush down characters use MB roll only when pressure is too high and the attack is relentless. If you do it once they will respect your wake up so don't abuse it, becuase then it gets baited, so just wake up block, wake up throw or wake up poke. Final note, because jp, f3 does not combo, and everyone knows it, I can sneak this in and catch them off guard, but be sure to save your f3s.

Consistent combos I use
1,2,4 / 2,1 / f1,2, b4 / b1,2 / b2,2/ f2,3 - roll b3,4, air sai run 2,1, u4. Timing is the key and the air sai must hit their leg for this to work. you can f4 into this combo as well but its really YOLO. 2,1 is kind of YOLO as well if they are blocking.

f,3,4,4 roll nj p 2,1, u4
f,3,4,3 tele kick, air sai run f2,3 roll 2,1,u4

You sacrifice damage playing this way, but it leads to more pressure and damage which Mileena has a hard time setting up. I think of it as pool where you are always trying to set up the next shot and saving the guarantees till the end. Only use meter when you have to and save for breaker and xray. I rarely use MB in combos or mix up because it is so YOLO, but sometimes it is necessary. I just play good defense, whiff punish, throw sai and punish jumps. I do fairly well against solid solid players.
You dont whiff punish with normals. You do it with her 8f roll. You can punish things on reaction with her 8f advancing launcher. It also seems to beat alot alot of armored moves, things like kotals ex overhead launcher. People have to respect that option. She has problems but shes not terrible like some of you suggest.

You dont whiff punish with normals. You do it with her 8f roll. You can punish things on reaction with her 8f advancing launcher. It also seems to beat alot alot of armored moves, things like kotals ex overhead launcher. People have to respect that option. She has problems but shes not terrible like some of you suggest.
Nothing you told me is new, I knew that, but name 5 people worse than her.
I say potentially Takeda, Goro, Shinnok, don't know about Ferra Torr or Jason, and from the inconsistencies with Jackie, maybe her.

Last edited:
I say potentially Takeda, Goro, Shinnok, don't know about Ferra Torr or Jason, and from the inconsistencies with Jackie, maybe her.
She's better than Shinnok
Worse than Jason (but she is good against him)
Wayyy worse than F/T lol

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
She's better than Shinnok
Worse than Jason (but she is good against him)
Wayyy worse than F/T lol
you think she is worse than F/T?

F/T has no real way to open ppl up bc their normal is really slow and I can see them and react a mile away even online, and when Ferra is off Torras back you can just go in bc all the fast/long range moves all the sudden become really crappy ones. I dunno about that man.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
I don't get why people think she is low tier, she may not be high, but she is def mid. Like chars such as Kenshi, Shinnok, Goro, and F/T to me have a MUCH harder time doing anything productive vs even an average player.

Well if nothing i said is new, dont act like you are supposed to punish whiffs with a slow ass normal when you have a fast advancing launcher that has 8f startup and lowers her hitbox. I mean....seriously. Complain about her problems but dont ignore what she does have.

you think she is worse than F/T?

F/T has no real way to open ppl up bc their normal is really slow and I can see them and react a mile away even online, and when Ferra is off Torras back you can just go in bc all the fast/long range moves all the sudden become really crappy ones. I dunno about that man.
I'm not high level or anything, but I think FT is a damn good character. Great ranged high/lows, best njp in the game, projectile that absorbs other projectiles and does 16% dmg on hit, a low-hitting projectile that absorbs projectiles, has a command grab, and pretty good frame data (def. better than mileena's)

Well if nothing i said is new, dont act like you are supposed to punish whiffs with a slow ass normal when you have a fast advancing launcher that has 8f startup and lowers her hitbox. I mean....seriously. Complain about her problems but dont ignore what she does have.
I think you misunderstood the point. Every character is a whiff punishing character, but hardcore whiff punish characters in fighting games (not just mkx) have fast normals. Her 8f launcher is only 8 frames when touching, when she has to travel the 8f increases. In a fighting game a whiff punish character has normals that usually have reach that are fast. She does not have that. The 8f can be 9 or 10+ depending on distance between you and your opponent. The roll is a better jump punisher, projectile punisher, high punisher because every character can punish whiffs, largely negative uncancellable string, or block string and some better than mileena. I blow up a lot of careless decisions with roll. Maybe I misunderstood you, and you talking about the same thing or maybe we have a difference of philosophy.

A whiff punishing character IMO, uses normals like Chun Li in SF4. If Chun Li's standing fierce is blocked she doesn't get blown up for it, even if they bait it. Chun Li is a true whiff punishing / counter poke character. Mileena does not quite have a role. She is who she is, YOLO Mileena, and high level people whiff on purpose to bait, block, and blow up.

Semantics aside, I think people are just stating the obvious, in her current state she does not have enough tools to compete at a high level in this game. It can be fixed with patching. Currently, you have to do way more to hopefully open someone up and take way more risks for not much more reward, so you're still at a huge disadvantage. I was not trying to call your knowledge out or anything like that. I was just letting people know that I wouldn't focus on that and focus on however you open someone up, try ending combos with 2,1,u4 for the continued pressure because I truly believe she is bottom 5 and I think she needs to play smarter to compensate. I will sacrifice the damage for continued pressure. If you disagree, that's fine. These forums are for that.

PS Guys
f3,4,3 tele-kick, air sai, roll, njp, 2,1,u4 is way more consistent and easier than the one I told you earlier
f3,4,3 tele-kick, air sai, run cancel f2,3, roll, 2,1,u4 for 1% less damage.

Here are some combos. You're sacrificing a little bit of damage though some of them aren't too far away from the 30's meterless. There some that you can use in meter, but I haven't gone too deep into them:

All Variants

(AA) Telekick xxair saisxx ball roll, f143 26%
(AA) Telekick xxair saixx ball roll 21u4 28%
123 xxballxx njp, walk a bit 21u4 26%
b12 xxballxx njp, walk 21u4 25%
f4 xxballxx njp, f143 25%
123 xxrollxx njp f143 28%
b12 xxrollxx njp f143 27%
b22 xxrollxx njp, 21u4 25%
f23 xxrollxx njp, 21u4 25%
f12b4 xxrollxx njp, 214 27%

F234 I haven't found a combo, yet. I'm thinking that it's used for the mixup game with F23 if people aren't looking to block low. Her foot sweep could be used also.
OH Guys BTW f1,4,3 can be teched
only 2,1 u4 or stand 3 are her only advantageous untechables

i wish B21,2+4 gave more advantage on piercing so you could get out an F1 to stuff wakeups. I'll have to investigate ending in 21U4. B21,2+4 gives a ton of damage as an ender because the final stabbing hits don't have any damage scaling, but it may be worth sacrificing it from time to time to go for pressure/mixups.

if they make low sai and tele kick at least even on hit she'd be decent.

Also here is a pretty cool combo video I found. Definitely a couple in there that I didn't think of. Apologies if it's been posted in here this thread is huge I don't remember everything that's been posted.