What's new

Tech MB Amazonian smash reset

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
From my understanding, this can be done anywhere on the screen. Once you have your opponent juggling with 33, b113, etc., if you do 23 after either of those, you can delay a ji3 and connect Amazonian smash. If it's timed correctly, it will stand them up when they get hit by AS. I personally use MB on this because if you don't, they have time to react to whatever you do after it and you can combo off the MB. I've also done this off a bounce cancel but the only way that I got it to reset was doing 33(or b113), b1,b1,b113,23 BC(amazons blast) ji3 MBAS

Love this tech because you have so many options when you get an opponent in juggle state

This actually works with a lot of combos, just don't make them 'too long' (less total hits). I think the timing of when the divepunch connects affects this as well. Currently trying to figure out that sweet spot.

Once you have that down though, you can essentially have full control whether to do a standing reset or a hard knockdown when you end a combo.

You can also make the divepunch cross up if you want to avoid clashing or just change directions to briefly confuse the opponent.

I prefer not burning meter unless its for the kill or to get em back in the corner. Getting right reads not only does more damage on full combo, keeps the enemy guessing (try to get that fool on tilt), and you get to save that meter for... uh... b2 super?

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Love this tech because you have so many options when you get an opponent in juggle state

This actually works with a lot of combos, just don't make them 'too long' (less total hits). I think the timing of when the divepunch connects affects this as well. Currently trying to figure out that sweet spot.

Once you have that down though, you can essentially have full control whether to do a standing reset or a hard knockdown when you end a combo.

You can also make the divepunch cross up if you want to avoid clashing or just change directions to briefly confuse the opponent.

I prefer not burning meter unless its for the kill or to get em back in the corner. Getting right reads not only does more damage on full combo, keeps the enemy guessing (try to get that fool on tilt), and you get to save that meter for... uh... b2 super?
I had a feeling you can do it off other combos I just never practiced this too much. I actually found this when I first started using WW a couple months ago. I did this accidentally and I thought to myself how the hell did I do that. And I know there's other ways use it and I only use this when they're close to death. I just drop shit on purpose every once on a while just so I can f3 crossup lol.

the highest damaging one i found was b112, b3, j3, j3, smash
b112?

I had a feeling you can do it off other combos I just never practiced this too much. I actually found this when I first started using WW a couple months ago. I did this accidentally and I thought to myself how the hell did I do that. And I know there's other ways use it and I only use this when they're close to death. I just drop shit on purpose every once on a while just so I can f3 crossup lol.
That's good man, always mix it up. I'd take 20-30% quickstands over 40+% hkds anyday

From my understanding, this can be done anywhere on the screen. Once you have your opponent juggling with 33, b113, etc., if you do 23 after either of those, you can delay a ji3 and connect Amazonian smash. If it's timed correctly, it will stand them up when they get hit by AS. I personally use MB on this because if you don't, they have time to react to whatever you do after it and you can combo off the MB. I've also done this off a bounce cancel but the only way that I got it to reset was doing 33(or b113), b1,b1,b113,23 BC(amazons blast) ji3 MBAS

If you are MBing AS for saftey, why dont you just MBb3? Is there not enough time?(haven't tested)

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
If you are MBing AS for saftey, why dont you just MBb3? Is there not enough time?(haven't tested)
I mean you could, but that MB and that startup is really obvious so they could counter with MBb3, and also leaves a wide open window for the characters that can parry. There's not one right way to do this, it's just my preference to burn meter on it.