What's new

[May 11, 2013] On The Edge 3: ECTV Qualifier for MK9, Injustice and KOF13 (Valley Stream, Ny)

Noob
KombatNetwork with The Gamers Edge and Ultraspec Cables, VSM and Kick Punch Block are proud to announce
ON THE EDGE 3!
Doors open at noon for casual and signups. Tournaments to start between 2pm and 3pm SHARP!
2 Definite, possibly 3 streams all day!

http://twitch.tv/kombatnetwork - Injustice, MK9 WF/LF/GF

TBD - either kombatnetwork2 or crossthestreamstv- MK9 Pools, Top 16 to Top 3

http://twitch.tv/kpbfgc - KOF 13

Venue Fee: $15
Tournament Entry Fees: $10/game
$3 to enter Justice League Task Force on SNES

@SweetJohnnyCage and LI Joe have once again teamed up with KombatNetwork to bring you this awesome ECTV Qualifier! Time to get Caged!

If you place 1st in MK9, Injustice or KOF13 at On The Edge 3:

- Free Venue Fee to ECTV
- Free entry fee at ECTV to the game you won

- Additionally 1st Place in Justice League Task Force (SNES) will receive free ECTV venue fee

-You can only win entry to one game. If you play more than one tournament and win more than one, you will be given free Venue fee to ECTV and your CHOICE of which game will be paid for. 2nd Place for the other games will receive the other Venue/entry fees.

MK9 will be held on PS3.

Injustice will be held on 360.

KOF will be held on 360.

Justice League Task Force will be held on SNES.

Tournament Schedule - Registrations will end at 2pm, pools generated and tournaments to start by 3pm. Doors will be open for casuals by noon.

Main Tournament Games And Rules:

Mortal Kombat 9

- Kratos banned
- Kratos stage, hell, street stage, and wastelands banned
- The only kode allowed is No Blood
- Winner keeps character AND costume
- Double elimination
- 2/3 matches
- 2/3 rounds
- 3/5 rounds for winners/losers/grand finals

Injustice: Gods Among Us

• 2/3 "Rounds"
  • 2/3 Matches, 3/5 Grand Finals
  • Double Elimination
  • All available in-game button macros are legal (PPP, KKK, etc)
  • Prizes are 70/20/10 of entry fees
King of Fighters XIII

• 2/3 Games
  • Double Elimination
Justice League Task Force - SNES
If you win this game you get free venue fee to ECTV!!!
(Same rules apply: you are only eligible to win one venue fee)
  • 2/3 Games
  • Double Elimination

Noob
I have just confirmed that at On The Edge 3, myself and KPB MeanestRage will be competing in a Push Up "Money Match"

If I win, MeanestRage has to play MK9 in tournament at ECTV.

If MeanestRage wins, I have to play KOF13 in tournament at ECTV.

Noob
This is going to be a really hype tournament. All the big name LI players should be there, and I suspect that the possibility of winning free ECTV venue fee may entice more people to play MK9 as well.

We're slated to have a 2 definite streams, but there's a possibility that we'll have a 3rd one as well. I'm working out the details now, so we'll see what happens with that.

Noob
Just to update:

To keep continuity with the tournament we represent, ECTV, On The Edge 3 will hold Injustice on 360.

Players please be aware and be prepared. We will have at least 2 converters on hand, maybe more, plus at least 2 wired 360 pads and at least 1 360 stick.

dabuz

Noob
Two things, are the converters for PS3 pad, ps3 arcade stick, or both?

Secondly, how big are these events?

Noob
Two things, are the converters for PS3 pad, ps3 arcade stick, or both?

Secondly, how big are these events?
The converter will work with both PS3 pad, stick and hitbox. We will have a number of options available.

I personally own one Cronus device, one of the multi-adapters, 1 SF4 360 pad, 1 SFxT 360 pad, 1 Hori 6 button face pad (for 360), 1 Hori 4 button face pad (for 360), 1 Madcatz 360 Stick, 1 IGAU 360 Stick

That's a total of 8 options people can use to play on 360 on Saturday.

Also, the OTE tournaments have ranged at the smallest of 30 people to over 50 last year.

Noob
Ok, so many of you already know this:

TYM, MKU and KN have all pitched in money to provide 3 additional venue fees to be given away at On The Edge 3 to players.

One of these venue fees will be decided like this... (updated in the Original Post as well)

Justice League Task Force - SNES
If you win this game you get free venue fee to ECTV!!!
(Same rules apply: you are only eligible to win one venue fee)
  • 2/3 Games
  • Double Elimination

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
This will be my first tourney for both MK9 and Injustice. Got into Mortal Kombat a little less than a year ago, been wanting to go out and play for a while. So hyped.

Also is Lobo gonna be legal?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
9.95 do you have any cronus devices at the venue for the ps3 players that don't have an xbox 360 pad or stick? i have a ps3 stick because i thought it was the tournament standard, and i won't be able to mod my ps3 stick for atleast another week.

Noob
9.95 do you have any cronus devices at the venue for the ps3 players that don't have an xbox 360 pad or stick? i have a ps3 stick because i thought it was the tournament standard, and i won't be able to mod my ps3 stick for atleast another week.
I personally have one Cronus device. What stick do you use?

dabuz

Noob
If there's anyone who is passing by that can pick me up from and drive me back to Nesconset or the Huntington LIRR station i'd definitely be able to come to this, otherwise it's a 50-50 since getting to the Valley Stream station is a pain in the butt. I'd be more than happy to contribute gas money.