What's new

Maximilian 's reaction and breakdown vids of MKX

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26

http://www.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/b/537396291

Skip to 28:25

Ill just post tidbits as I go

these guys give the most info that out there so far cause they got 2 hours with the game in the NRS room

- they said the Scorpion fatal with the hanging heart thing is just part of it... They didnt show the end of that fatal on stream cause its so nasty... After the heart thing Scorp slices have your face off... They said they couldnt watch it...

-Sub Zero styles - one is a pure zoner and his other style is pure rushdown with swords

- You can counter pick with the same cahracter(we new this with the 3 Styles changes)

-Stamina Gauge - dashing and running take away from your stamina... (you cant always backdash and runaway) ... Specific Run combos (a la UMK3 , yes! )

- MeterBurn Throws! wow every character can combo after a throw when you MB it

-"This is the best looking fighting game ive ever seen - visually" - Maxamilian

Max's fav char is SUB ZERO in Grand Master style

Last edited by a moderator:

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Those videos are before he played the game though.

He is uploading more videos later today of his impressions.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Those videos are before he played the game though.

He is uploading more videos later today of his impressions.

i realized that after i posted lol... Ill just try and stick the vids in here later.. .but the stream archive from last night is in the OP

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I skimmed through this broadcast today but I felt it was all about Nintendo, what is the timestamp where he talks about MKX?

Mst

Noob
Confirmed that it runs on UE4? I thought it was confirmed that mkx uses a modified version of UE3?

"All characters can meter burn throws and KOMBO OFF THEM"

"Some kombo's require stamina, as you need to run to catch up after the juggle"

"Sub Zero too stronk with ice stance"

"3 bars for breaker, 2 bars for x-ray, 1 bar for enhanced" (WHAT? Not sure if this is right, maybe he misspoke?)

"Gore in this game is almost too much" (ALOT of talk about the fatalities being so gruesome they're actually difficult to watch. Think Kung Lao + Noob Saibot times one thousand)

"Kassie kicks you in the groin, you see the nut muscle actually burst... you see the muscles explode"

"Design for the girls look great" (no more man faces)

"Animations look awesome"

"Different character variations play EXTREMELY different."

Last edited:

Decay

King of the Bill
Oohhh 3 bars breaker? I dunno isn't the breaker the lightning bolt symbol? The lightning bolt is the second bar not the third

Oohhh 3 bars breaker? I dunno isn't the breaker the lightning bolt symbol? The lightning bolt is the second bar not the third
Yeah, I think he misspoke. Would make zero sense to have breakers cost 3 bars and x-rays cost 2, considering x-rays can't be broken, it would make it pointless to save up for breakers.

Especially because enhanced move for 1 bar + x-ray for 2 if someone has 3 bars would literally be ridiculous.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Apparently the MB throw isn't a guaranteed combo, but it does leave you at a heavy advantage to set something up... I think it was Tom that clarified this?

Also my biggest takeaway from that impressions vid was that Ferra/Torr has a stance that is just Torr, and apparently he has better mobility, grapples but none of Ferra's ranged stuff obviously.

Since Torr(big guy) uses Ferra(little lady) in his x-ray and one guy in this stream said that one of the variations is Torr by himself, does that mean that there will be a different x-ray for each variation?

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Apparently the MB throw isn't a guaranteed combo, but it does leave you at a heavy advantage to set something up... I think it was Tom that clarified this?

Also my biggest takeaway from that impressions vid was that Ferra/Torr has a stance that is just Torr, and apparently he has better mobility, grapples but none of Ferra's ranged stuff obviously.

yea i think @Tom Brady clarified it.. I think you can block after someone MB throws you but you have to eat a follow string or special I assume if your left at "heavy disadvantage"

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Since Torr(big guy) uses Ferra(little lady) in his x-ray and one guy in this stream said that one of the variations is Torr by himself, does that mean that there will be a different x-ray for each variation?
She still runs around behind him in that stance though, so she can still be a part of his X-ray.

E

Eldriken

omfg, if people start bitching about the gore being too much and they tone it down, I'm going to be PISSED. This is what MK has and always will be about. Don't make them water the shit down. -_-

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Gore too much? It's a natural evolution. The more realistic the game becomes, the more the violence will look like real life. The more processing power you get, the more detail like muscle bursts, we will get. If you can't take it now, best stop playing mk now before it gets worst.